Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195699 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4665 on: June 25, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »
"I guess such a place would need a means of protecting itsself. Yet at the same time, a bar needs patrons. If The Man who Speaks in Hands has been here, that would be a great lead."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4666 on: June 25, 2016, 11:34:25 AM »
Dalik is still giggling girlishly. "The man who what?" she asks, interrupting her glee. "That's a strange name." With one hand, she moves the holoscreen up a few inches so she can peer at the skeletal creature. "A bit long, isn't it?"

The door swings open again, loudly. The man who enters is tall, with long, plaited blonde hair and a perpetual smirk set into a lean face. He is dressed oddly, in breeches and a thin, cotton shirt open at the chest. The breeches are tucked into sturdy boots and the belt that sits on his waist is armed with a short sword, a small pouch, and a length of thick rope.

Despite his perpetual smirk, the man looks bewildered. He stands in the doorway, blinking in the gloom.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:02:39 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4667 on: June 25, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »
"A bit of a mouthful perhaps, but that's how he's best known. At least as far as the general public remembers anything about him anymore."

He glanced at the newcomer, and gave a short wave as greetings.

Ani-Master 2014!

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4668 on: June 25, 2016, 01:09:36 PM »
Merc glances at the human figure in the doorway, then quietly returns to his drink, unimpressed. He was never a fan of such flashy entrances.

"I'm just a little curious," he starts, addressing Dalik, "what year exactly are you from? I'm willing to bet that we're not gonna have holograms or whatever that is for quite a while."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4669 on: June 25, 2016, 05:51:57 PM »
"The holograms don't seem that weird to me--- Where I'm from holographic technology has basically replaced non-holographic except when you're trying to keep your business private," says Jeffrey, tapping his phone again. Multiple holographic screens pop around him, each showing a different readout. At least one of those screens is apparently trying to keep track of sales numbers for something, and another seems to be showing data on a huge number of people. Probably at least a couple hundred. He then gestures, and all the screens disappear simultaneously. "See? As for the Dome..."

Jeffrey thinks on how to explain this one. "...okay so a couple hundred years in the future, a big event happens that irradiates the entire planet. Most of humanity dies out. The people who survived built Domes to keep the radiation and the mutated monsters out. That's when I'm from. I guess since you're from so far back, I'd be from 2881 or so. You have to tell me more about your time sometime! I'm obsessed with the early 2000s!"

Jeffrey turns towards the door when he hears it swing open, and then gestures at Dalik. "Is that your brother?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4670 on: June 25, 2016, 09:08:08 PM »
Dalik glances at Mercer. "Earth years? Um...2004, I think. I haven't been on Earth in awhile, but it's thereabouts."

She grimaces at the opening door, then looks behind her. "No, that's definitely not my brother."

The bar's newest arrival continues to look perplexed, but he doesn't hesitate to stride further into the building. Sliding onto a stool he tosses a leather purse onto the counter. It clinks loudly. "Bartender, an ale," he says.

While he waits for his order to be filled he openly watches the others. His gaze particularly lingers on Verdana, eyebrows furrowing as he tries to figure the skeletal thing out. "Where am I?" he finally asks the group at large. "What is this place?"

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4671 on: June 25, 2016, 09:35:52 PM »
Merc sighs and continues to sip his drink. "That's what we've been trying to figure out." Already, his first impressions weren't great. Maybe it's just my bias, he thinks, but this guy seems like every single boisterous tool I ever met back home.

He returns his attention to Dalik. "Yeah, can't say you've been missing out on much. US might as well be renamed Hell at this point. At least, the part that I'm from. But I guess that's just the slums for 'ya."

"I guess it's a good thing I'll be dead and gone by the time that whole Dome thing happens," he says to Jeffrey. "But for the early 2000s part, well, sorry to disappoint, but I missed out on a lot of it. Got kicked out of my house when I was 18 and lived on the streets for about four or five years. Pretty much no exposure to pop culture outside of that." He sits back and gazes around the bar, only now noticing the bookshelves. "Actually, that's around when I got my powers. But that's another story in and of itself."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4672 on: June 26, 2016, 07:08:20 AM »
"We're in a bar, on a spot that isn't anchored to any one place in space time. I'm actually not sure of all that's in the surrunding area, except that there are trees and some other....vehicles? My name's Verdana, by the way. Nice to meet you."

He stuck out his hand for a shake.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:08:47 AM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4673 on: June 26, 2016, 06:16:42 PM »
The man's nose wrinkles at the offered hand, but he quickly hides the expression with a smooth smile. "William Johnson," he says, holding the creature's gaze -- or what seems to pass for it. A slightly perplexed smile remains in place as he pulls back his hand, resisting the urge to wipe it on his breeches. "Space time? I'm...not sure I follow." Settling back comfortably on his stool, he accepts the tankard offered by the bartender, pulling it close.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4674 on: June 26, 2016, 06:48:40 PM »
"Well, I and these other Humans come from the same planet. But they've been talking about different time periods, or being away from earth for a while. And they also don't seem to know about Monsters from Mount Ebott, despite that my people have been on the surface for a few decades. So either we're all crazy, or there's some strange space time stuff going on. I don't know about them, but I'm definitely no bonehead. Heh.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4675 on: June 26, 2016, 10:38:56 PM »
William blinks at the joke, then coughs a surprised laugh. "I understood about half of that," he admits. "Another planet?" His eyes flicker to the roof of the building, as if a planet may appear over their heads. "Celestial bodies aren't inhabited." Then he laughs again, realizing he is protesting the existence of aliens to a skeleton. "Of course, more fantastic things have occurred in my life than that. It isn't...impossible, I suppose. Aliens" He grins. "Even arguable that I am one myself, I suppose. Oh, I like that. It's all a matter of perspective."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4676 on: June 27, 2016, 07:45:54 AM »
"It could happen. Alphys says there is no true ceiling in space, and that there are too many stars to count. Even our galaxy is one of many millions. So the odds are pretty good that aliens exist. The question is, would they be more like Monsters, or more like Humans?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4677 on: June 27, 2016, 09:42:49 AM »
"Dalik over there at least definitely seems to think she's a flipping alien," says Jeffrey, pointing a finger at Dalik. "Some kind of parasite called a Yeerk. So I'd wager that in at least one place those guys exist, right? What do you mean about celestial bodies not being inhabited? Not any in our system and not by humans, sure, but when or where are you from?"

"My name's Jeffrey, by the way," Jeffrey says as an afterthought.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4678 on: June 27, 2016, 10:20:18 AM »
"Parasite? Yeerk? Never really heard of that."

He started thinking about what if tapeworms were sentient, and it made him grimace.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4679 on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »
"Technically, as far as I'm concerned you're  the aliens," Dalik points out. Her eyes never leave the holoscreens, even as she participates in the conversation. "As Ruffles over there said, it's all a matter of perspective."

William makes a scoffing sound in the back of his throat. "Ruffles?" he echoes indignantly. "Listen, love, manners go a long way, hm?"

To Jeffrey, William says, "Where am I from? An interesting question. Earth, of course. But also beyond Earth. Not among the stars. A...place of duhovi ."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:28:14 PM by Terenia »