Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195385 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4545 on: October 25, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »
"Ah, a master in my midst. Surely we won't fail, then." Ike said. He got a refill and headed back to his previous spot.

"I'm back. I just saw an acquaintance of mine and felt the need to catch up. My attentions are once again on you, Elriss." He said, trying to look flirty. "If they're leaving, do you want to get some fresh air?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4546 on: October 27, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »
Elriss glances from Renlath to Myitt with curiosity. She's not missed the brief glance they shared. What's that about? The two of them certainly know each other. She glances around at the others. James... Ike... Mar... how many of them are in cahoots?

Her lip curls at the way Renlath addresses her. She's come to enjoy the respect she usually receives as a leader; none of her subordinates would dare talk to her that way.

"Your funeral," she mutters in Renlath's general direction. "What we don't discuss now will almost definitely interest the Council later."

<I like what's in my head to be private, too,> spits Rose bitterly, in response to Myitt's words.

<Good point,> responds Elriss.

"What about your host?" she asks Myitt. "She have a problem with her thoughts being known? What we do is less..." she searches for a word... "Less invasive than what you've done to her. It's for the good of our people. All our people."

As James speaks, a  powerful wave of hunger hits her unexpectedly. Her vision swims; nausea and dizziness wash over her, and by the time it's passed, she finds herself short of breath, with perspiration beginning to bead up on her skin. Try as she might, she can't seem to figure out how long it's been since she fed... surely not three days already?

"Hon," she replies to James, "I imagine all your people will be very familiar with the Light soon enough. If you'll excuse me..."

She gets to her feet, the world seeming to rock under her, and nearly falls into Ike as he approaches. Kandrona starvation, she's coming to realize, is not a good companion for a Redin hangover.

She looks to Ike. He wants to take a walk? The timing, she thinks, couldn't be better. She needs to get outside.

"Alright, hon," she says, trying to steady herself against the Bar counter. She holds out a hand towards Ike and forces a smile, "Let's take a walk."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4547 on: October 27, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »
Ike takes her hand, and leads her out the door. She looked a bit worse than before, though he wasn't sure why. Maybe her hangover was worse than he thought. The fresh air felt good, and there was a cool breeze. He was capable of some small magic, and hangovers were pretty common around bars, so he held his hand above the back of her her head and focused his energy. Usually most of the pain someone felt from the throbbing going on would dissipate. It wasn't perfect, as few things regarding the Human brain and the various chemicals in alcohol were so simple, but like taking exact change out of his pockets it was a nice trick.

"You should feel better in a minute. There's a nice quiet forest, and a lake. It's an interesting anomaly."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #4548 on: October 28, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »
(I'm back after completely forgetting my password so what's going on?)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4549 on: October 28, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »
(( Welcome back. Please post out of character comments in the OOC thread. Tell us how you've been over there. :) ))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:59:23 PM by Terenia »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #4550 on: October 29, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
Yarin walked into the bar, sat down, and motioned to the bar keeper.  "One Nanander, one Boligon on the rocks, and one flaming Crusvex." 
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4551 on: October 30, 2014, 02:08:40 PM »
Nareth watches Elriss and Ike go, his anxiety easing almost as soon as she is out of hearing range.

He turns to Myitt, his lip curling a little. "First of all," he says, unable to help sounding imperious, "You cannot be here at the same time as me. Go. It is too dangerous."

His eyes flicker up towards the door. "She looks hungry," he adds, in a tone that almost sounds gossipy, completely negating his demand for her to leave. "A hungry Imperial could be useful, da?"

The sallow bartender gives Yarin a long, level look. Then, slowly, he sets his tumbler down and goes about preparing the drinks. When he sets the three glasses in front of Yarin it is exactly what was asked for, and accompanied by a grubby notepad upon which three words are written.

Cash or Tab?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4552 on: November 01, 2014, 04:30:26 PM »
James watches Elriss' hangover get the best of her with some amusement, taking the final sip of black coffee left in his cup. It looked like the Bar was getting the best of the proud Light diplomat. A man he gathered was named Ike, being the Earthborn gentlemen he appeared to be, led the woman out into the night outside the Bar. Good. This was good---- He could listen in on the conversation the other guests were having now.

He knew that the entire affair didn't really concern him, but he couldn't help but be intrigued by this Yeerk issue. He was banking on his initial intuition about the importance of the political climate in this area being right. What he didn't understand was how the Yeerks were infesting humans, and yet no one in the Oligarchy even knew about it. Were they all from the same bizarre, far-flung colony world? Ike definitely had an Earthborn accent.

James waits with what is either anticipation or impatience as Nareth and Myitt begin the discussion they  wanted to have but could not have around Elriss.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar follows Ike out of the Bar, considering that Ike had asked him to be his wingman where Elriss was concerned. He turns back to look at the woman in the trenchcoat for a few moments, his head ****ing quizzically--- Now why was...wasn't that his own Mark on her soul? Why in Dis would he have tagged a person like that? He would have to ask later, perhaps.

Mar wanders outside, and a breeze ruffles his hair slightly. Yes, a breeze--- On an asteroid. Apparently sitting in the middle of deep space with no atmosphere. He watches as Ike uses a small bit of Mass from his Father and nods, smiling. He doesn't want to offer advice or get in his brother's way just yet, but he makes his presence known with a small wave.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #4553 on: November 01, 2014, 11:35:31 PM »
Yarin reached into his satchel and pulled out some jewels and other precious stones.  "Will these be acceptable as legal tender?" He said as he put them on the bar.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4554 on: November 02, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »
Myitt glances idly at Elriss. "My host's thoughts are my business, and none of yours," she says coolly.

She smiles sweetly at Nareth. "Mm, well, I'm already leaving," she mutters, tromping toward the door.

The bartender simply stares at Yarin. The yellow notepad sits on the counter, untouched. Finally the bartender extends a calloused, pale-skinned hand, and accepts the jewels as tender. He does not smile or acknowledge Yarin in any other way, and turns to begin making Yarin's orders.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4555 on: November 02, 2014, 07:06:56 PM »
Elriss follows Ike out the door, barely stopping to shoot Myitt a glare as she goes.

The second the breeze hits her, she feels a little better, but soon the sweat is cooling on her skin and she finds herself shivering.

She steadies herself, pressing her eyes shut, and breathes deep. This is no time to be showing this level of weakness. Unfortunately, as the effects of her hangover seem to settle a bit-- she actually feels... almost a comforting warmth, being outside here with Ike and... ugh... and Mar-- she becomes more ac acutely aware of how hungry she actually is. She won't have long before she needs to feed.

Finally, she straightens herself and turns to Ike, her demeanor almost professional, save the small curl of a smile on her lips. "Thanks, hon," she says. "I'm sure the Empire's scientists will be fascinated by your little... anomaly. In the meantime, I'm getting a little hungry. Any chance y'can pull a portable Kandrona outta those pockets of yours?"

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4556 on: November 02, 2014, 07:49:43 PM »
"Hmm. I'm afraid that the Yeerk equivalent of manna from heaven may be beyond me. If you left your host and I could have physical contact with you, I may be able to restore you for a short time. That probably wouldn't be ideal in your opinion, though, as I would not willingly hold your host captive and you would be defenseless." Ike said.

"If you need something more like a three day full recharge, likely without leaving your host, I'd have to perform a ritual to contact my God. He would, of course, want something in exchange. A spiritual contract according to how much you need."

"Either way, I can't pull a small portable machine out of my coat for you." Ike hoped he wasn\'t being too forward for this. It was possible she may just laugh him off, but brushes with death can motivate people to do things they wouldn't ordinarily do.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4557 on: November 02, 2014, 07:56:34 PM »
Nareth watches Myitt leave, scowling a little, but not bothering to follow. Now that Elriss is gone he seems to have calmed quite a bit, and his earlier threat to leave seems all but forgotten.

"Kreteni," he mutters, sliding back into his chair and gesturing for the bartender to serve him once he is done with the newcomer. "I suppose I should not have expected much relaxation from a place like this."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4558 on: November 07, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »
James blinks as Myitt and Nareth split apart, evidently indicating that they should not be seen together. Which must mean they are both part of the same rebel organization, but Nareth is attempting to hide this fact. James puzzles momentarily over what he should do. "Bartender, another small coffee," James says, holding up his right hand. The Bartender nods and darts toward the back of the Bar--- Which appears to be where he gets the supplies he uses to mix drinks. ...any drink. Even good fresh coffee.

James then glances down toward Nareth and offhandedly states, "Is there a problem with your poorly-dressed friend?"

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4559 on: November 12, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »
Elriss stares at Ike. He seems to know a lot... an awful lot... she frowns, and for a moment even considers his offer. But no... without first securing Rose, Elriss will end up hostless at best, and more likely dead, if she leaves her host to allow Ike to perform whatever crazy god-ritual-magic he's talking about.

"Appreciate the offer, hon," she says with a diplomatic smile, "but I think I'll try to find something a bit more... concrete than your voodoo." She looks around at the parking lot, hulks of ships surrounding the bar. It seems there are far fewer that work than that don't, at this point... what, she wonders dully, a chill running down her spine, has happened to the occupants of all the others? Maybe this place has a more sinister motive than simply some... higher power's amusement. She searches her memory, and realizes she's not sure what happened to many of the people who were here earlier. They seem to have just... disappeared...

Shaking her head, she looks around at the working ships. She knows there's a Blade Ship in orbit... if she can get there... or if she can find a Yeerk ship with Kandrona aboard...

Myitt and Renlath must have gotten here somehow, she thinks. "So," she mutters, half to herself, "what do we think the odds are that any of these ships are up to Imperial standard?"

Salem's Story