Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195315 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:02:12 PM »
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:36:29 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 01:44:40 PM »
Nervously, Iosse skitted across the barroom up to Temrash and the irresistible attraction of the smell of raw meat.  But at Temrash's question he froze. Was... was that bad? Would he not be allowed to have a Yeerk now? He knew that some Taxxons were considered to be too dangerous to be hosts, some too dangerous to be left alive. The concept of lying didn't even cross his mind, however; his mind (not that his Yeerk really felt it qualified as a mind) had always been an open record. "Rrrrrryiishhh..." He hissed. Panic was welling up from his gut, threatening to take over. If Temrash didn't approve, would he be deprived from the steak in hand, which had slowly become the only thing he could see? The impulse, the need to tear into that minuscule shred of flesh and blood was an agonizing pain. Don't be mad... must have this... must have help... Please.... He began oozing thick yellow slime all over.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 06:15:03 PM by goom »

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar 2
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »
(( :bow: :bow2: :clap: <= All because you posted first on the 1000th page. :) ))
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:03:45 PM »
Salem laughed, in spite of the position he was in, "Corliss, I'm perfectly capable of doing stupid things of my own accord. Are you really willing to risk being blown up based on what I 'seem to be'?"

He kept a careful eye on Terenia, still grinning, as he continued speaking to Corliss. "I deliberately hacked your password. I didn't expect it to work. Yeerk ships have always been tough for me in that regard. I think I've learned my lesson," he chuckled, "stick to hacking imperials, not potential allies. I'm willing to offer my services to you." He sighed, the expression on his face changing to one of passive amusement. "Look, if you're not willing to hear me out, maybe you can put me into contact with someone in your rebellion who will."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »
"Ok. Try not to do it again, though. Some people wouldn't approve of someone exhuming their dead." Temrash said as he tossed the steak a short distance for him to catch and eat. Rule one of feeding Taxxons was to never hand feed them. He gave a little grimace when Iosse started oozing slime, but it's not like Taxxons were ever cute otherwise.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
I walked up to two humans in the bar. I tried to strike up a conversation, "Heltho. I am callth Criio. I am a Venber."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »
<<Why would he want that?>> Serid asks Corliss, his weariness and Salem's strange behavior starting to create a fog of confusion. <<Do you think he could have an ulterior motive for speaking with someone at the base? Could he, perhaps, log the transmission for later access?>>

Illim waits outside the ship, biting his lower lip nervously. <<They'd better get out of there quick,>> he mutters to Derrel, frustrated by his inability to do anything. <<I shouldn't have let Corliss infest him....>>

At the sound of an unfamiliar voice above--unfamiliar in an entirely alien way--Elayne swings her head upwards. The sight of the Venber startles her. "A... what?" she asks dumbly. She has never heard of or seen such a creature, and considering the time she has spent around Yeerks, it is not often a species is entirely new to her.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 04:28:13 PM »
<Maybe once this tresspasser is gone, we can make Corliss stay in the ship until he leaves Serid. This is a lot longer than he wanted to be infested.> Derrel said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 05:07:03 PM »
At the sound of an unfamiliar voice above--unfamiliar in an entirely alien way--Elayne swings her head upwards. The sight of the Venber startles her. "A... what?" she asks dumbly. She has never heard of or seen such a creature, and considering the time she has spent around Yeerks, it is not often a species is entirely new to her.

I tilted my head a bit, "Nefer hearth off a Venber? Noth Thtrange...but yes, I am a Venber. My name is Criio. Vhat ith your name?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »
"This is stupid," Terenia says, growing impatient. "If I had my Andalite body you're head would be rolling by now, dapsen." She glances at Corliss and switches to private thought-speech. <<If he is telling the truth, and he has explosives on his body, would a Dracon on stun set them off? It may be best to just knock him out. I'd rather deal with him unconscious, personally.>>

Trey follows Elayne's gaze, recoiling slightly at the sight of the unfamiliar alien. He glances at Elayne and, seeing that she too seems to be unsure as to what a 'Venber' was, shifts uncomfortably. He does not answer the Venber's question, waiting for Elayne to offer up her name first.

Efaen watches the exchange between Yeerk and Taxxon, her brow furrowed in disgust.

<Disgusting,> she says acidly after Temrash throws the meat. It is unclear whether she is referring to the Taxxon, Temrash or the conversation about devouring corpses.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 05:28:22 PM »
<Yes, Taxxons are pretty revolting.> Claxter said as he watched Iosse secrete ooze.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »
"You're skilled at hacking, I'll give you that," Corliss replies tersely, "but I doubt my brother or anyone else in the rebellion would be willing to accept the skills of someone who would easily take payment to betray us.  Unless...you are willing to explain away some grave misunderstanding on the part of the person who hired you to do this?"  He eyes Salem skeptically.

<<Clearly someone must have goaded him into it,>> Corliss says, as much to himself as to his temporary host, not really thinking to actually answer Serid's question.  <<He's lucky he wasn't able to actually remove information, or I would have been alerted.>>

The faint sensation of Corliss' doubt nevertheless trickles into Serid's mind.  He glances at Terenia briefly with a helpless shrug, unable to say any more.

Mike sighs impatiently, silently, in his head.  He addresses Corliss out of frustration even though it is useless.  <<Come on, mate, tell 'im off and let's get the bloody hell out of here.  Terenia, try and convince him the man's an idiot, no lasting harm was done, and he can go on his way.  I don't like the idea that he's strapped with half a ton of explosives...>>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

radgeek

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »
"I'm a politician not a doctor," Taylis said.  "I might know some one that does though."  She looked over at Temrash he was holding some meat in front of a Taxxon.  She grimmest at the oversized insect, thankful that she had never had to use one as a host.  "I could see if he will let us use it."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 05:46:23 PM »
Elayne frowns at the strange creature before turning her head surreptitiously to watch for Trey's reaction. As he provides no explanation or support, however, she answers for them. "I'm Elayne." She gestures to the young man sitting beside her. "This is Trey."

She purses her lips as she considers the alien. She has many questions for him, but thinks perhaps interrogating him on his diet and homeworld conditions immediately--if he is, indeed, even a he--could be perceived as rude, so she asks instead, "What brings you to the Bar?"

<<Perhaps that is the case,>> Serid murmurs, <<but do not forget his slippery nature. He will surely attempt to create a plausible story to fool you. Why not release him and, once he is far away, perhaps stun him? It may not trigger the explosives, if indeed he is truthful about them.>> Although he had not been privy to Terenia's private thought-speech to Corliss, he arrives at a similar conclusion through sheer exhaustion and irritation with the situation. He is ready to be free of this Yeerk and all of the danger and drama he seems to find.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »
I nodded, "Yeth, of courthe. I am here tho..um...well, I thuppose I am noth here for any thpecific reathon."