Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195752 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar 2
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2011, 10:42:28 PM »
"Oh yeah?" Illim asks, his eyebrows raising. The news of Corliss and Myitt's relation to the leader is news to him. "Well thanks, Corliss. Just let me know what to do. I'm ready to go when you are." Assuming Derrel doesn't have other thoughts he thinks to himself, although the gist of the thought leaks through to his host.

Then his mouth snaps shut as Corliss speaks again, and he finds himself actually uncomfortable at the unintentional intrusion. The Hork-Bajir had been right. They really did have... something. Interesting.

Serid shifts uncomfortably in his mental lock-up. <<I would prefer it if you did not use my body for oggling,>> he tells Corliss. <<It is strange to me that you would even find him attractive, but I certainly have never had much interest in such frivolities.>> Of course, a quick look into Serid's memories tell another story, but it's true, at least as long as he's been a nothlit.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2011, 11:06:39 PM »
Corliss nods at Illim as he disappears through the door.

<<Tell him he's kissing a bit of arse,>> Corliss says flatly.  <<I reckon he'll understand what it means, if you don't.>> 

He steps up to the pool, hanging on to the metal edge and gazing down at the warm and murky water.

"Back to the old homestead," he sighs, leaning over the edge and tilting Serid's head to the side.  <<Thank you, again, Serid.  I apologize for the intrusion, and I hope that you find...everything that you're looking for.>>

With that, he disengages from Serid's mind, slowly slithering out of the nothlit's head. 

Corliss lands in the pool with a splash, stretching and sinking in on himself into his normal, slug-like shape and shooting squidlike away from the edge.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2011, 11:41:04 PM »
Ossanlin ****s his head as the human called Okaru leaves as abruptly as he'd arrived.  <That was decidedly...odd.>  Ossanlin glances at Mar after the fast human leaves his sight.  <He was hired to find me...and he seemed ready to be violent.>  Ossanlin pushes his katana back into their saiya, small 'clinks' echoing from each as they settle.  <What do you make of it Mar?>  Ossanlin has some rather unsavory thoughts on the subject, but wants to hear a second opinion.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2011, 03:33:46 AM »
Mar frowns, glancing about the clearing. He was actually able to follow the figure's movements to some extent, although they were incredibly fast. Although most of Mar's body was human, there were a few...odd elements. It would not be an easy battle for Ossanlin and himself to fight. Especially since he wasn't certain of exactly how to fight in the mortal form. Most of his normal attacks were impossible in this state.

"I think that...that this character was rather like Keshin," states Mar, uncertain. His hand grips his chin. "He seemed intent on threatening us, despite having no particular grudge. More specifically, threatening you. His behavior does not make sense in any other context. I do not know what this means, but it isn't good. What did you glean from the event?"

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2011, 03:49:38 AM »
Okaru quickly found himself ontop of the bar looking at the sky, standing still as a statue at the edge of the roof.
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2011, 09:47:14 AM »
Terenia shifts back to a full standing position, following Corliss into the pool room. She watches from the doorway as he frees his host, returning to the muck. With an internal sigh, Terenia approaches the lip of the pool and looks down, ignoring Serid.

<<We never took care of Efaen,>> she tells Mike. <<If it even was her that blew up my ship. She needs to be stopped before she causes more damage.>> Terenia tries to access the fury that she had felt upon seeing the smoldering wreck that was her ship, but the bulk of it seems to have faded. Too much has transpired since then; her emotions have been yanked too many directions and too much drama has occurred. She glances up at Serid, then back to Illim.

<<Corliss may trust them, but I do not know if I do. They are strangers. I'm not sure I feel comfortable leaving you momentarily helpless with these two aboard the ship. Especially when one is armed.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 12:23:54 PM »
Serid straightens and wipes his ear clean, giving Terenia an impassive stare.

Finding the silence uncomfortable, Illim drums his fingers on his arm for a moment and then lets them uncross, dropping to his sides. "I reckon we should be going now, hm, Serid?" He beckons to the nothlit.

Serid turns his dark eyes on Illim and, for the first time the Yeerk can see how tired his former host looks. "Yes," Serid answers curtly and bypasses Terenia without so much as a nod.

Illim waits until Serid is walking off the ramp before he addresses Terenia. "See you soon," he says with a brief wave, followed by a somewhat sheepish smile. "Do, uh, do ask Corliss to find me before you leave, yeah?"
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2011, 12:51:29 PM »
<<Yeah, um,>> Mike stammers.  <<Well.  You...don't have to leave?  At least, not until they've gone.  Unless you want to stay.  A bit.  Longer, you know.>>

Even after all this time, it was strange how he could mentally feel anxious but feel his body remain completely calm. 

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2011, 04:50:42 PM »
"He'll know," Terenia says to Illim shortly, not wanting to explain in more detail. She watches him out of the corner of her eye, ensuring that he is in fact leaving the ship.

Terenia bites her lip, an old habit from her own human body that Mike certainly does not share. She definitely does not want to return to the dark silence that is her 'natural' form, but she is sure that Corliss is eager to have control of his usual body.

<<I just feel so...helpless down there...>> she mutters, staring at the sludgy water. With a sigh she checks to see that the device that allows Corliss to communicate is still activated.

"So..." she says out loud, "I guess it's time to give you Mike back, eh?" She sighs, flexing her hands around the edge of the pool. Now that the pandemonium has settled she is reminded of the weighty decision facing her. I could be free of that sludge forever. Not that I deserve it.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2011, 05:48:09 PM »
"...It worked? That actually worked?"
<<It would seem so. As crazy as it was, you actually managed to get us somewhere, Jasper.>>
"I just can't believe it! This has to be the funniest thing ever!"
<<It is rather ironic, isn't it? Let's not start celebrating quite yet though. We still have to somehow land there without burning and dying.>>
"Right, right. Of course. ...How do I do that?" Jasper said, suddenly aware that he had no clue what he was doing. Again.
<<Maybe I should handle this part....>> With that, Sapttus 2911 took up control from Jasper, and interfaced with the navigation system. "Make sure you watch how I do this though... not that you have much choice about it. <<Haha, you're funny.>> Jasper replied sarcastically. He watched through his eyes while Sapttus maneuvered the stolen Bug Fighter in a decent descent towards the asteroid. Both of them were rather impressed with his landing, considering the Yeerk had only the most basic training in regards to the mental interface that provided control of the ship, and the human had none whatsoever. The thought-command system was somewhat similar to the equipment he used for his assignments on Earth, but they were vastly different at the same time.

After landing, and a bit of arguing with the system, Sapttus managed to pull up scanners for the ship. During descent, they'd noticed several ships - some seemingly operable, some obviously not - all clustered nearby a run-down building. The ship's scanners seemed to indicate that there were indeed other lifeforms here, though he could hardly imagine what they might be. He did recognize at least one other Bug Fighter, however, so that gave him a glimmer of hope to the inhabitants being non-hostile to people of their kinds.

<<Think it's worth a shot?>>
"Probably not. But due to the sheer fact that your method of escape actually ended up with us arriving somewhere, I figure we could at least have a look around."

Before disembarking, Jasper slung his black laptop bag over his shoulder, adjusted the wait, and pulled out his hot red sunglasses. <<What is it with you and those glasses?>> "What? I've got taste!" <<You're a nut. Just lock the ship, would you?>> "Well, yeah, of course. Give me a sec." After double checking on their much-valued cargo, they exited the ship, with the ramp receding behind them.

"This should be fun...."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2011, 07:14:14 PM »
<<With all that's happened to you lately, I'd hate to see you left here alone as much as I'd hate to see the same for Corliss,>> Mike says sullenly.  <<I don't trust half the lot out there.  Perhaps you can stay with me for a while longer?  How long did Ossanlin say he'd need to-->>

Corliss' replicated voice echoes in Mike's head. 

<Is it that time already?> he asks demurely.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
"I don't know," Terenia says indecisively. Her own desire to retain human senses coupled with Mike's hesitance is making the decision harder than it should be.

"Corliss," she says, deciding to avoid the issue for the moment and tackle a much more important one. "What should I do? I mean, if Ossanlin is telling the truth and can really...you know..." She trails off, uncertain. She is having a hard time vocalizing her thoughts and feelings.

<<Argh, Mike, help me,>> she pleads. She then lifts the mental wall she has erected between them just enough for him to get a glimpse into her emotional turmoil. She pushes specific memories to the forefront of his mind; her last moments of true humanity, her joy the first time that she was able to morph her old human form with Efaen's body and Tamora's DNA, the terrible moment not more than a few days ago when the morphing ability saved her life after her arm was caught in Keshin's Dracon. Intertwined with her desire for humanity is something else; something she has not been able to entirely identify on her own. It is a sort of desperate need for the white noise that comes from relying on human, Andalite and Yeerk instincts alongside those of her morphs. It is a fear of the emptiness that comes along with leaving a host.

Though Terenia has not been able to pinpoint it herself, if Mike looks hard enough he can easily see her terrible, overwhelming fear of silence.

Reluctantly, Terenia relinquishes control over Mike, hoping that he will do a better job of articulating her situation to Corliss.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
Mike blinks, lurching a bit and gripping tightly onto the edge of the pool as he regains his footing.

"Corliss, it's me, mate," he says, gazing down at the gray sludge.  "I reckon what she's trying to say is..."  He sucks in a breath.  "She's afraid of being alone.  In her head.  The total silence of it, the inability to morph and connect with another mind.  I mean, she's really afraid it will wreck her up, you know?"

After a short delay, Corliss replies, <But how can we possibly solve that problem?  Terenia, do you wish to become a voluntary host if you regain your human body?  Or...you can't seriously be considering dragging Efaen back into this?>

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2011, 08:01:03 PM »
"I don't know," Terenia says, seizing control again. This time she sounds angry rather than indecisive. "I'm not going to be a voluntary, though, that's for sure. I've never been a host and really don't intend on giving someone else control of my body. No offense, Mike..." She shakes her head, trying to clear it.

"Efaen is..." she grits her teeth, really disliking the words that are about to come out of her mouth. "I need her."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2011, 08:21:10 PM »
<<No worries,>> Mike whispers, watching curiously as Terenia's anger flares.  For a moment he's...what? 

Afraid?

<I'm not sure Reven will agree to allow the Andalite girl to live amongst us,> Corliss says in a rational tone.  <Terenia, she's sworn to destroy us rather than work with us.  How can you both possibly join us, unless she's shackled down and kept under constant surveillance when you're not within her?  That's no life, not even for the likes of her.>