Author Topic: Something that kinda bothered me.  (Read 2146 times)

VisserZer0

Something that kinda bothered me.
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »
The http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=7162.0 thread. The title seems kind of misleading; it sort of makes it look like there's information inside on how to get the eBooks. Maybe rename it to something more self-explanatory as to not get the hopes of new members looking or the eBooks up?

IDK, maybe this is just me being nitpicky, but it's just something I happened to notice.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
Re: Something that kinda bothered me.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »
I think it's exactly what it should be...it directs people of what has happened to the e-books...

VisserZer0

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:51:17 PM »
The homepage used to have a picture you clicked to go to the eBooks. Couldn't there just be a banner or something it its place that says something like "Due to requests by Scholastic, RAF is no longer prividing the Animorphs eBooks" or something? Much more obvious IMO and it lets people know before they even view the forum in the first place.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »
The homepage used to have a picture you clicked to go to the eBooks. Couldn't there just be a banner or something it its place that says something like "Due to requests by Scholastic, RAF is no longer prividing the Animorphs eBooks" or something? Much more obvious IMO and it lets people know before they even view the forum in the first place.

i don't have a problem with them viewing the forum. i mean, at worst it'd waste 15 seconds of their life, and at best we'd get a new member. ;)
i think it's fine as is.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:12:31 AM »
Also, it's not like they can view much of anything without being logged in. :P So them viewing the forum isn't really a big deal.

VisserZer0

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
That wasn't my--psh, never mind. Might as well lock this, lol.