Author Topic: Group Re-Read: #54 The Beginning  (Read 3948 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Group Re-Read: #54 The Beginning
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »
Summary
It began with 6. It will end with 5. No one ever thought it would be come to this. Jake, Rachel, Tobias, Cassie, Marco, and Ax know that even if they could have warned people in the beginning, no one would have believed their story. A story about an invasion of parasitic aliens. So, for all this time, Jake, the other Animorphs, and Ax have secretly held the Yeerks at bay. But those days are over. It’s come down to a final battle between the Yeerks and Animorphs. And no one knows who will win, lose, or live...

Questions
1) What did you think about Rachel's final two chapters of the series? What about her death in general?

2) Visser One gets relatively few lines in this book; essentially all we see of him is his surrender. What do you think of his last few moments 'on screen'?

3) What do you think about the interactions between Jake and the Andalite military?

4) Each of the Animorphs reacts differently to the end of the war. Some (Marco) are seemingly fine, while others (Jake), clearly have issues. What do you think about each of these Animorphs reactions?

5) Jake (and only Jake) is put on trial for war crimes, but is not convicted. Should he have been?

6) What do you think about the disintigration of the relationships that the Animorphs had?

7) We see a little bit of Earth in a post-war society. Andalites treat the planet as a tourism destination, Taxons live as anacondas in the Amazon and Hork-Bajir have a preserve in Yellowstone. These are small bits of information, though, given that humanity has suddenly been thrust into a society where aliens are very real and very present. What other changes do you think may have happened on Earth?

8 ) What do you think about the forced nothlitism (and yeah, I'll say it, genocide) of the Yeerks? Was it the best option? What forms do you think the Yeerks were given to morph permanently?

9) The final story arc involves the remaining Animorphs going off into Kelbrid Space to save Ax, and they eventually discover The One and make a suicidal attack on it. Was this final sequence necessary?

10) There are a ton of possible questions for this book, so I'm going to let you go off on whatever tangents you want now. :D Last Question: Did you like it? Why or why not? :P

Discuss!

(I did it! I finished! Aren't you all proud of me? :P )

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Group Re-Read: #54 The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:15:29 PM »
First of let me say thanks Terenia. I know every now and then we (I) hounded you for it, and it took the better part of 2 years, but the rereads have been awesome-this is exactly what I came to RAF for, and it's been a big part of my motivation to stay around at times. I didn't always follow along in reading(haven't read since summer 09 :-[), or posted in the threads, but I've always kept watch with vested interested.
So thank you.
+1!
Now....
2) I am disappointed. He does so little, which sucks, but really I'm pissed he never gave them credit. He was defeated by treason? no he was defeated by Jake who was assisted by treason; not fair. And while a final battle would have been nice, this did leave no doubt he was soundly defeated.
3) Jake and the andalite military? don't you mean marco and the andalite military-***ing brilliant that whole chapter cuz of that guy.
Jake handled it well, it's what he does, but man that the chief's could still be such dillholes, that was kinda a bummer too: it seems shallow that after all these years they never once stopped being the holier than thou race, and here at least that should have wavered a little. I disapprove.
4) Well didn't see it coming the first time around, that's for sure. It's sad how Jake and Tobias take things. Good for the others, I just would like to think Marco did a bit more with it than live the good life. But how Jake and Tobias spent years licking their wounds-after all that, it's mortifying to think how the pressure of the whole war may have been holding them together, rather than tearing them apart, I mean as soon as it was off, they just collapsed. Tragic
5) Now was he really put on trial-or did V1's lawyer's just having a desperate try to get under his skin with cruel, though true accusations. Course he shouldn't have been convicted either way, but I always take it as the ladder.
6)meh. See 4
7)Skirt na zoos! I'd hope. You have to figure human exploration is under way, but the whole galaxies watching each other through a sniper scope: it'd be unreasonable for anyone to just blindingly assume it's for the best to run into each other in mass in space, and I see a bunch of boring-but necessary-bureaucracies being set up. Glad they left that out.
8)I need to look again; was it all the yeerk's? Obviously the host were given up, but was that the alternative, nothlit or die, not nothlit, die, or pool? (yes they'd have to refill the pool first-focus!) Again I envision the latter. If not, then really it is kinda cruel, I admit, but if so then hey, it's totally fair, and good as they could hope. And if it's the former, the whole iskroot thing makes 0 since.
I'd suspect either way they'd probably be aimed to take on some endangered mammals/birds that could be keep in preserves for a while at least.
9) Yes, but only cuz of Jake needing something to do with the rest of his life-which is only cuz of early events in this book. It was really cheap to chuck that in at the end- personally I'd feel so much better if we could confirm that it was the thing from 41, or something. But basically a new plot, and then end the story. Uncool. And had things been just a little different, I doubt it would ever been so written.
10)Yeah. So help me I did.
More then once in a single and consecutive readings, this book has brought me to tears, and then made me laugh uncontrollably ten pages later. It was tragic, it was fun, it was surprising, it was terribly unfair, and it ended the tale of the six characters (yeah, even her) I'd lovingly followed for years. And best and worst of all, it left the door open.  And as wronged as I felt at times, I am happy to have been able to see it all play out, to see what was, regardless of the title, the end. The end to the story that had always been beyond my imagination, and forever central to my imagining.

So yeah, there's plenty else that might have been done, and many things left to ask. Which brings me to this
1) Was it suicide?
Hear me out; I know that the grizzly was Rachel's morph. I always get pissed when her battle morphs are listed Elephant and grizzly. I know she was comfortable with it, and I get the special meaning it has to her, and in this series.
But the mission wasn't just to kill Tom. She was supposed to shut down the blade ship. And while I'm not going question a grizzlies ability to smash stuff, time and again she herself has chosen the elephant over the grizzly for jobs like this.
No one one drew dracons-in the proximity of the bridge the size difference for shooting a bear or an elephant is non existent. And while it was the poison that brought her down, I can't help but feel the elephant could have endured more, withstood the onslaught of the other morphs better.
I've said before that none of them strike me as the suicidal type, not by the end at least, not even tobias. And rachel has never been stupid.
So every time I read this I can't get my head around it. For the story of course it makes sense. But for the character? How do you justify this? How could Rachel die? Like this?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:27:40 PM by RYTX »
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:41:52 PM »
1) I thought the battle was pretty epic, but she shouldn't have died. If you write a series this long without any important character dying for good, you shouldn't kill someone off at the end just because you know you don't have to deal with any repercussions. It's cheap, and doesn't make it any more realistic. If you wanted realism like that, you should have done it a lot earlier, and more often. Maybe let them take the box from the start, and when Animorphs are lost, recruit new ones.

2) I don't think it fits Visser Three's character to go down without one last fight, though it is within his character to not admit that Animorphs did him in. He blamed it on betrayal, rather than admitting the Animorphs were good enough to do him in. I'd probably have him go into a berserker frenzy, and have Ax kick his butt in the name of Elfangor. Of course he wouldn't want to give them credit, RYTX. He didn't even want to think they were mere Humans.

3) I thought it was interesting. I like that we got something from Alloran, though I would have liked to read more of him.

4) I don't think it's too unrealistic. Though I don't like how Marco decided to morph lobster when he's bored instead of just taking a vacation. That's what vacations are for, man. Go to Hawaii or something for a week. Also I don't like that Tobias just forgets about his mother. Yes losing Rachel was bad, but what about your mother? Or Ax? He would have taken you. It would be a Star Trek pun and joke goldmine. Call Prince Ax Kirk, and his TO Spock. Cassie seemed a bit too happy and content, though. Whatever she's taking, give some to Jake.

5) No. Not that I approve of flushing the Yeerks, though.

6) I can understand why Jake and Tobias' relationship is strained, but I don't like that Cassie practically abandoned Jake.

7) Why didn't the Hork-Bajir go to their planet to help the resistance? I can understand if the Anis don't want to go, but there's no reason for Toby and her group not to go. I'm not sure why the Taxxons aren't shipped off to their planet because apparently the Living Hive can control their hunger. They're only crazy when they're not on their homeworld.

8: I don't like it. Why can't they just make new bodies for the Yeerks, or start programs where they look for voluntaries for the Yeerks like what should have happened at the start. Oh yeah, because apparently all voluntaries are scum.

9) If you just wanted to have them start a new adventure, then have them fight the terrorists. you don't need to have them go to another galaxy and come up with a new Big Bad for them to fight. You don't need The One in order to have new conflict. And if they just had to leave the planet, why couldn't they go fight Yeerks on the Hork-Bajir Homeworld?

10) No. Not then and not now. Too many loose ends, and things that don't make any sense.

Thank you for doing this, Terenia. The whole thing. It was a very good idea, and an excellent sub-forum.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:03:53 PM by Chad29 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:20:27 PM »
I know why he didn't give them credit, I just don't like that he didn't.

But really, I'm back to point out something that so far we've yet to hit on, which makes sense with how it was handled in the book.

Jara Hamee.
I was crushed when he died.
I was saddened we never knew really how he died.
I can think of no better eulogy, for any man, than that given to him by Toby

I won't post it, cuz I won't risk misquoting one word or it, but just thinking about it makes me a little watery-eyed.

And one more thing: Ms. Applegate, if you ever read this, I hope you'll also read my earlier post in this and other threads to get an idea of all that these books mean to me. But I have a colossal problem.
A Bengal Tiger.
I'm insulted. I am.
For years, Jake's morph, a Siberian Tiger, is ionic for the species: arguably second as a relevant morph only to the red-tail, and only cuz Tobias lived as a red-tail!
But still, the intimacy of the acquiring, the reverence it earned from their enemies, it's symbolism in Jake's personal life, with Tom, for David and James- correct if I'm wrong, but this is the one signature morph that is unique to a single Animorph.
But in the opening chapters of the final book the word bengal is the there, and I know, most people, self include would be hard pressed to note the difference, but that this mistake is put in, that it's not cleaned up in editing.
I know it's a simple little thing, but that makes it all the worse-after years support and devotion, ghostwriters and fillers, that this in the finale-that we can be still be left to these careless errors, it hurts. Feels like negligence, like we don't deserve any better, to let this happen now of all times
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:30:21 PM by RYTX »
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »
So much for those floodgates I mentioned earlier.

I was sad when Jara Hamee died too, but it felt like it was added in as an afterthought. He just died offscreen somewhere. This is a guy that sliced his head open when asked to prove he wasn't a controller. Not to mention being the father of Toby.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 07:31:15 PM »
:woot2: HOORAY for Terenia!!!

(I did it! I finished! Aren't you all proud of me? :P )
I wish to thank Terenia, too,  :thumbsup2: for her initiative and :thumbsup: dedication with turning up with the questions. And to apologize for any inconvenience in my part, for I too was one of the ones harassing her about finishing this first run of our re-reads. You've been awesome in providing us with a space to discuss and share our views as fellow fanatic readers. :bow2:

;) Have some karma, too! +1

It's also been awesome being able to hear each others views in this awesome series, everyone. Awesome sense of cyber community!  :cheers: I too looked forward to these reads. Some notable comments by notable figures.

Here's hoping there will be more re-reads in the future. After all, there's a whole new generation of Ani-readers out there.

And may we disown our children if they show no interest in this series at all!!

Suggestions: Perhaps we could do an Everworld one and, by the time we finish, the Ani-re-launch series would have enough progressed enough for the newbies.

...It began with 6. It will end with 5...
:disgrace: Anyone else also sort of shakes their head at this statement?!

:headbang: ^ My favorite cover in the entire series.

1) What did you think about Rachel's final two chapters of the series? What about her death in general?

First of all:  :wow: was my reaction. For even though it was setting up to be that way in the previous book, being a big arse Rachel fan, I was holding on with my dear life to the hope that Rachel, would come through, and someone completely unexpected, like Tobias (let's be honest, the dude contributed nothing to the war since its escalation), was the one who had that ominous dialogue with the Ellimist back in The Ellimist Chronicles.

I too don't think Rachel needed to die. It really didn't fit the philosophy of the series, where they survived so many tough spots in animal morphs, they had beaten death on numerous occasions, themselves, even. But naturally, if she was going to, I am thankful that it was there at the end, where she made it totally count.

2) Visser One gets relatively few lines in this book; essentially all we see of him is his surrender. What do you think of his last few moments 'on screen'?
Agreed with Chad29, here.
Where WAS the last big horrendous morph... At this stage we hadn't seen The Abomination pull one for a significant number of books (when WAS his last memorable one???). It shouldn't have been as simple as fooling him around in his own turf. As it is, Visser Three felt like he didn't put up a fight like we would kind of expect the big nemesis of the entire series to.
And then I referred back to the insight Jake as a controller gave us on the Yeerks' mentality. Unlike humans, Yeerks will totally give in when all odds are against them. Not a good excuse for a Yeerk tyrant, but I think it works with what was presented to us before, it THAT's really the rationale behind this Visser's let down.

3) What do you think about the interactions between Jake and the Andalite military?
It was more American than anything, me thinks. In a way it was good to go through the previous Andalite let downs through the series, for he knew how to act appropriately with the Andalites. He was securing Earth's interests because he knew the Andalite nature. Had he been too trusty, things would have been out of his hands...
All I can say is, if it wasn't for the freed Alloran, Jake would have gotten us in the sh>BEEP!<its! I reckon it was one of the major things that gave Jake credibility in his achievements in the eyes of the Andalites. The Alloran free-Controller was another one of those unseen unexpected factors Jake was able to reap from during this last big showdown (ref.to the Yeerk pool flush, the free-Controllers in the Mothership, etc.). And it was great seeing that the War Prince still had some sway over the Andalite military, even after all those years.
But you wouldn't want to play 'finder's keepers' with a powerful ally.

4) Each of the Animorphs reacts differently to the end of the war. Some (Marco) are seemingly fine, while others (Jake), clearly have issues. What do you think about each of these Animorphs reactions?
Cassie was possibly the one who was most solidly portrayed, me thinks. Despite her being absent to Jake and all, she had pursued a career that dealt with her commitments to the cause, the Hork-Bajirs. She had also moved on, finding another partner there. Marco just seemed to lay back and reap from celebrity status, which isn't very glorious in my books, but can't say he hasn't earned the right to do so.
Ax was always the alien, stuck to his people's ways, and, in some ways, the one who walked away easy. He made it back to his own family/people/planet, possibly re-encountered Estrid. Yes, I KNOW that put him in the path of The One later on, but I honestly think his outcome was the least worse. I would have liked to have seen more of Ax's psychological picture post-war. All we got was that he was now his own Prince, also rightfully deserved, don't get me wrong. But was it too much to hope for that long-awaited window into the Andalite Homeworld. 

Tobias' felt so unrealistically lame, I don't know. Personally, his relationship with Rachel had started feeling artificial post-The Illusion. There was really nothing in their relationship that sold them as this deep thing we are led to believe Tobias has going for him here. To only get his more Tobias whining in this final book and him going hermit ignoring the others was lamejuice on his part.
I was very much like "Tobias can just drop dead" by this stage with him. How dare he blame Jake for his pain, I kept thinking.

Jake was naturally the one I mostly worried about. To see a strong character like him so utterly depressed and introverted by the end was really harsh.
The way they brought him back was cool (ref.chucking him in the sea and forcing a dolphin morph), he did try a comeback when the need for him came again. But he just wasn't the same...
I guess, none of them will ever be.

Though I am of the belief that passively strong such as Cassie and Tobias don't make it far in war, and strong characters such as Jake and Rachel reel from the wounds upon surviving through one, while characters like Marco come through after collecting his pieces, I was touched by where KA and MG leave us with the characters.

5) Jake (and only Jake) is put on trial for war crimes, but is not convicted. Should he have been?
No way! This was a war unlike any ever seen before! They were kids (still were during the trial!), alien invasion through infiltration, and then an open-war, they had an exclusive formidable weapon as their only true edge over the enemy and they themselves made the Yeerk resistance up as they went, due to the simple fact that they couldn't count on anyone else, really. The dynamics of the group forced him to step up to a position of leadership. Jake EVIDENTLY wasn't proud of what he did and he never fully boasted glory, so no, I don't think he was guilty. Neither of the Anis were.

6) What do you think about the disintigration of the relationships that the Animorphs had?
It made me sad for their 13 year old selves. But the disintegration had already started during that final arc, really.

7) We see a little bit of Earth in a post-war society. Andalites treat the planet as a tourism destination, Taxons live as anacondas in the Amazon and Hork-Bajir have a preserve in Yellowstone. These are small bits of information, though, given that humanity has suddenly been thrust into a society where aliens are very real and very present. What other changes do you think may have happened on Earth?

I had a serious problem with the status of Earth after all this.

Did you guys think it was cool to have that element of the morphs being available to humans now a good thing?
It felt like it lacked credibility and was a bit irresponsible of Jake and the others. The Anis had experience with human history and the leniency for destruction. They were conscious of what would happen if humans had access to this tech (ref. David...)
Furthermore, I'd like to reinterate something that I've said before, back when the Yeerks were suddenly running around morphing, that I think morphing, to have protagonists that could turn into animals, was the unique guimmick of the series itself. It may be fictional, but it was still credible and cool limiting it to the heroes who were fighting the war in some corner of the USA.
But to suddenly have parties on Earth running around using it (ref. free-Controllers, governments of major nations, international military forces) without the actual Yeerk war there just got a bit silly. It was no longer unique to me and lost its touch.
It would have been more realistic for the Anis to instruct the government to recruit the morph capable free-Controllers that survived in an incentive to look after them (after all they were casualties in this war) and had allowed the Andalites to keep their tech, because, let's face it, it was theirs to begin with.

It just doesn't feel quite right.

8 ) What do you think about the forced nothlitism (and yeah, I'll say it, genocide) of the Yeerks? Was it the best option? What forms do you think the Yeerks were given to morph permanently?
There is something fundamentally wrong with changing a species, even if for the sake of a greater good. Again, it's something that it always seems to be Cassie's domain. It wasn't quite genocide, though, because it wasn't the whole species didn't undertake the process. And I can't see the Andalites taking it on to resolve their war throughout the universe.
Like Aftran, some sort of aquatic morph, to go with their aquatic habitat, was most likely. But knowing Cassie, so long as their enemy (Yeerk and Taxxon) were going to be a resident of Earth, she would have vouched for them to be turned into endangered species such as tigers, pandas, orangutans, numbats... she had already set  sight on the anacondas.

9) The final story arc involves the remaining Animorphs going off into Kelbrid Space to save Ax, and they eventually discover The One and make a suicidal attack on it. Was this final sequence necessary?
That was memmorable scene, but totally cheap to end in such a cliff hanger. That is all I'd like to say.

Note: It kind of frustrated me to have these new alien species introduced right at the last few pages.
Somewhere in the series it was mentioned that the Andalites are the only ones actively opposing the Yeerks throughout the universe, but that they also had two major allies. At least it was good to allude to one of them here.
But it felt like such a waste to go and create a new enemy right on the last few pages.

Or not show the Andalite homeworld, for that matter.

9) If you just wanted to have them start a new adventure, then have them fight the terrorists. you don't need to have them go to another galaxy and come up with a new Big Bad for them to fight. You don't need The One in order to have new conflict. And if they just had to leave the planet, why couldn't they go fight Yeerks on the Hork-Bajir Homeworld?...

Sacred poo!!! :explode: Whoa Oh Em in the Gee!!! That would have been perfect, dude!!
Off to the 'Hork-Bajir world next' would have addressed an open plot and would have fit in spirit with the ending! What's more Toby would fullfill her prophecy and Alloran would have had a chance to redeem himself through the help of the Anis.
WHY DIDN'T KA & MG CHOOSE THIS?!?!

10) There are a ton of possible questions for this book, so I'm going to let you go off on whatever tangents you want now.

My notes:
It might be just me, but the Mothership felt small. All that left-right running around in there, being within thought-speech reach, a yeerk pool featuring a low-ceiling... I was imagining the Yeerks great big ship being huge, along the lines of Darth Vaders' 'That's no moon' huge.

Visser One kept alive in a maximum prison on Earth?! That is shouting for a sequel!
After everything they'd been through, it did feel unfair to have him survive when Rachel doesn't.

Whatever happened to the families?!
It felt a bit loose to have these characters sort of build up around the final arc, and not give them any sense of closure/participation in the ending here.
Rachel's mum and sisters get their 2cents worth at funeral.
It's easy to see Cassie's parents collaborating with their daughter to help the Hork-Bajirs and Taxxons post-war.
And indeed, Loren! Tobias practically never mentions her again!?!?!?!?
And what about Jake's parents experience as Controllers.

Last Question: Did you like it? Why or why not? :P

Expectations were high for this book. I think it was inescapable, as ardent fans, we were going to be sad to open a book that finally ended the series and we would get upset by whatever KA and MG chose to leave us with. Didn't matter how they cut it. So sure enough, at first I felt real let down by The Beginning. Partly because, though the writing had picked up here, the series had sort of lost its 'writing' steam mid run.
Reading it later, a little older, and also reading into the author's note some more, I realized the need for such a finale. It comes down to a war story. And wars are not pretty, that's just it.

I am of the belief that if Animorphs continued on with some second series, it just wouldn't be the same.
I say leave it as it is. To change anything now would be disrespectful to all those cherishing memories we have of our teens growing up with this series. Leave all the high, gritty, funny moments, leave all the KASUS..... leave Rachel dead!! and God bless KA & MG for their epic work on this series.

...And one more thing: Ms. Applegate, if you ever read this, I hope you'll also read my earlier post in this and other threads to get an idea of all that these books mean to me. But I have a colossal problem.
A Bengal Tiger.
I'm insulted. I am.
For years, Jake's morph, a Siberian Tiger, is ionic for the species: arguably second as a relevant morph only to the red-tail, and only cuz Tobias lived as a red-tail!
But still, the intimacy of the acquiring, the reverence it earned from their enemies, it's symbolism in Jake's personal life, with Tom, for David and James- correct if I'm wrong, but this is the one signature morph that is unique to a single Animorph.
But in the opening chapters of the final book the word bengal is the there, and I know, most people, self include would be hard pressed to note the difference, but that this mistake is put in, that it's not cleaned up in editing.
I know it's a simple little thing, but that makes it all the worse-after years support and devotion, ghostwriters and fillers, that this in the finale-that we can be still be left to these careless errors, it hurts. Feels like negligence, like we don't deserve any better, to let this happen now of all times
:rofl2:RYTX-duuude! You are a riot!
For I too used to NGHAAAAAAAARRRRRGH! at that single line in this book for this silly detail. I kept blaming on ghostwriters, but we learnt here that it was KA herself who wrote the last few books.
No butter, it's ok, Katherine and Michael have long since earned our credits and respect by this stage, and are kinda used to correcting the KASU's in our own heads as we went by this stage, so we know better, mate.

Peace, y'all.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »
I was bothered by the "It started with 6 and ended with 5" Line. First, it didn't start with 6. Second it's possible it just ended with 1, depending on whether or not Jake and his group survived ramming the Blade Ship. even then you can't really say Tobias is still alive in any more than the technical sense. He wasn't living. He was just existing.

I started thinking we'd be reading about adventures in the HB Homeworld ever since book 13.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 07:42:10 AM »
Right on about the 'it may be 'end with one'', too. That one hadn't clicked until you pointed to it. Amazing how one blurb can be so wrong.

Wow. It really would have been groovy to point the series in that direction post #54. Things felt like they were set up (or at least left hanging) since The Prophecy. We get so embroiled in events of the war on Earth, it would have been refreshing to revisit the Hork-Bajir Homeworld in the hopes of bringing a resolution there.
The Hork-Bajir wouldn't have been submitted to the nothlit-deal, since they were innocent pacifists by nature. But, by the same token, them staying on Earth couldn't be a long-term solution, no matter what Cassie say. Toby would have certainly begged Jake for some sort of action on their part.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »
I know, right? The Hork-Bajir don't really belong on Earth. I don't mean to make it out like the immigration stuff we have going on, but they were literally designed for another planet that's still habitable. There were steps taken to retake that planet, and they need Toby over there.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »
question #8

i think that isn't a bad idea is the yeerks agree that compared to staying in the yeerk pool or death but that wouldn't be too good if the yeerks get to choose from any animal (considering they can morph a rattle snake) but i think giving them some choices and the morphing ability isn't a bad idea.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 12:15:57 PM »
I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I always thought the title of the last book would be The End. When you have a series of titles all starting with "The" in the main series, it just seemed obvious. Maybe too obvious, though.

Ani-Master 2014!