Author Topic: RAF Can Morph! (Read Introduction Before Posting)  (Read 19548 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
RAF Can Morph! (Read Introduction Before Posting)
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »
     PLEASE READ INTRODUCTION FIRST!

You guys ever want to be Animorphs? You guys ever wonder what it would be like to fight the Yeerks? You ever wonder how your decisions would effect the course of the Yeerk War?

Here's our chance, people. This is a scenario/RPG where a handful of Rafians get the power to morph. Where they meet a dying warrior from the Andalite homeworld at an abandoned construction site on their way home from the mall. But we aren't playing the Animorphs, we're playing ourselves.

But, unfortunately, we can't have EVERYONE from RAF participating. We need a few key people to play the leader, the warrior, the loner, the joker, the moralist and the alien--the same archetypes of the Animorphs. In addition we need a Yeerk Commander of Earth, a traitor, the dying Andalite war Prince, the Yeerk Commanders right hand men (the Tom and Chapman) and the Yeerk Commander's rival (a Visser One).

We are not going to be going through exactly what the Animorphs went through. Here, we make our own decisions, and those decisions can either escalade or hinder the Yeerk war.

Current Players: TobiasMasonPark, as James
                                     Bear, as Josh
                                     Terenia, as Jessi
                                     Gorillaman16, as Shaun
                                     RAFRukh, as Caleb
                                     Chris(Gymn), as Chris
                                     NewBlaze, as Yeerk Sub-Visser, Andalite Prince
                                     Kayla, as Kayla

Rules: No powers other than morphing capabilities
            : No wandering Pets
            : No Mary-Sues.

Personal message me, if you're interested. Tell me what role you'd wish to play (Leader, warrior, etc--please don't say you want to be Tobias or Jake, because we are NOT playing the canon Animorphs). I will personal message you your slot in the war. If you did not get a main part, you can be additional players, such as Human controllers, or family of the main players.

You ARE allowed to personal message other players on this RPG--a way to keep secrets and make the RPG more interesting (this works especially for those who will be playing traitors and Yeerks, and don't want their enemies to know what they're plotting. It also allows us the element of surprise.

As of today we have a total of five Animorphs: Myself, Shaun, Terenia, Caleb and Chris.
     We will only be taking five Animorphs at the present time. We are NOT accepting anymore, as we're going by the books. If you WANT to be an Animorph, more will probably be introduced as we go on, so don't fret.
     We still need people to play FAMILY MEMBERS, the dying ANDALITE, the YEERK COMMANDER, various CONTROLLERS (human, Hork-Bajir, Gedd, Taxxon, etc) and family members of the main Animorphs.

SORRY ABOUT THE RULES, but it's unrealistic to have EVERYONE play an Animorph. But, dont' worry. Like I said, EVERYONE can have something to do in this RPG. I'm not trying to discriminate.

IF YOU WANT PARTICIPATION, MESSAGE ME FIRST, TELLING ME WHO AND WHAT [GOOD OR BAD GUY] YOU WANT TO PLAY. I will also accept a BREIF description of the character you will be playing. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, PERSONAL MESSAGE ME! DO NOT POST ON THE THREAD, BECAUSE IT WILL JUST ADD TO THE CLUTTER.

Regards, TobiasMasonPark
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:17:05 PM by TobiasMasonPark »
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: RAF Can Morph!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
Cool concept, but I have one suggestion. Don't force RAFians to fit into archetypes. I mean, if I'm playing as myself in an Animorphs-esque situation I probably wouldn't fit into any of those roles, and to make myself fit into them would be changing the character. By keeping the archetypes, you keep the original Animorphs. Does that make sense?

I think the basic idea is good, but it would be more organic if people could just act as they would normally, instead of trying to fit into the 'leader' or 'peacemaker' role, or whatever.

I know that my reaction upon the Elfangor situation would be much different from any of the real Animorphs, so it really wouldn't fit the archetype.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »
     Then don't follow the archetypes :P

I just thought that other Rafians would want a position to fit into, like the leader or whatever. But if you want to be yourself, that's cool; probably the best.

I guess I meant that, should anyone be interested, they should tell me whether they want to be a "good guy" or "bad guy."

Is that better, teach? :P
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »
Yeah, that makes more sense. :P You made it sound like everyone had to fit into one of the roles from the books. I was confused. Ignore my fuzzy brain.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »
     (I guess I'll start this, just to get people interested and give an idea of what's going down. Anyone who joins in, just PM me, to let me know what you want to be--good guy/bad guy)

My name is James.

At least, that's what I want you to think. For all you know, my name could be something much different, something that isn't even English. I can't go on about where I live, or where I go to school. Even if I could, I wouldn't. Because, up until earlier tonight, nothing that happened in my old town was ever worth writing down. Seriously, if you drove passed my little town, you'd hardly notice it. And my family...Well, they're alright, I guess. You know the story: a mom, a dad, a younger brother, and a dog. We get along, sure. But I can't tell them anything about what's going on: about the Yeerks, and the Andalite who gave me and some other kids the power to morph...But more about that later...Right now, I should tell you about how, exactly, the world changed.

I didn't think that I'd be going to the mall that day. I'm not a mall-crawler, by nature. Mainly because I rarely had someone to join me. But there I was, walking around the food court, without a penny in my pocket or even a reason to be at the mall in the first place! I just ended up walking there after school. I guess, if I had to explain my being there, I would say it was a gut instinct. The mall was just a place to be that night.

But, I didn't have any money on me. There's really no point in being at the mall pennyless. But, again, my guy told me that it wasn't quite the time to head home. Just stick around a teensy bit longer, I found myself thinking.

So I pulled up a chair at a table by the window--my favourite place to eat; when I had money. And I stared out at my neighbourhood.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 04:04:58 PM »
My name is Shaun.

You can't know my last name or even my middle name it would narrow down the search to find me. Who is looking for me you ask, well I'll tell you it's the Yeerks. You will learn more about the Yeerks later but this is the beginning to a story that may never end, today is the first day of the rest of my life. You want to know about me well I live with my mom its just us in one apartment with one bed. My mom sleeps on the couch most of the time but I sleep there sometimes to give her a break. My mom doesn't know about what is happening to the human race and I cannot tell her just in case she is one of them.

I was at the mall in the food court getting some chicken and fries with a coke from McDonald's when I saw James sitting at his usual sport next to the window overlooking our neighborhood. "Hey James, want some fries?" I said as I sat down.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 04:24:02 PM »
     I turned to look at who had called my name. It was a kid named Shaun. He and I weren't exactly the same age, but we knew each other from school. I got to tell you, I wasn't used to company at the mall. Not that I'm a loser or anything like that. I'm just awkward. But Shaun was, as far as I knew, a decent guy. So, I took a fry and thanked him.

Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »
"No problem I figured I'd come sit with you since there aren't many places to sit and you looked lonely. Hey and call me crazy it's like my gut was telling me to come over here and sit with you I don't know it's weird." I took a bite of my chicken slurped down some soda and ate a few fries.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »
     At the time I thought nothing of Shaun's little comment. Looking back now, it all seemed to...I don't know, fit. But u just nodded in agreement and watched him eat. My stomach rumbled in envy. I raised a hand to take another fry, but decided against it.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »
"If you want one have it i don't need all this food anyway." i said taking some chicken.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 01:00:29 AM »
I'm Chris. But maybe not...

Anyways one day I was at the mall I typically don't go to the mall but I wanted to by a videogame and decided to eat at the food court. I got Papa John's and went to find a seat. There some kids I recognized from school. Shaun and James... I think. Now I know a variety of people because of my wide selection of interests. I played football (Offensive Line) so I knew friends from there. I also was in band so I knew the band people. Other clubs and scholastic bowl added to the mix. Shaun and James weren't in my friend group but I decided to sit near them anyways. I put my tray down a table away. I should Probably hurry and finish eating. My parents would be expecting me. I had the prototype of a perfect family. Mom, Dad, younger sister, dog, and multiple small mammals. I nodded to Shaun and James as I sat down.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
     I noticed a guy fm the school football team nodding towered me and Shaun. I think his name ws Chris, but I'm not sure. At school, I'm not what you'd call social; especially with the big, burly football types.

But, just to be polite, I nodded back.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 10:46:23 AM »
((probably going to age myself down a bit. It would be a bit weird if a 25 year old was hanging out with a bunch of middle school kids, eh?))

My name is Jessi. I hate shopping. So I'm not exactly sure why I found myself at the local mall on a Friday night, when I could be curled up with my computer and books at home.

Trying to make the best out of a bad situation I had spent the past few hours perusing the shelves at Barnes & Noble and avoiding every clothing store I passed like the plague. The hours passed surprisingly quickly at the bookstore. I was about a third of the way through one of the newer Young Adult selections when a voice announced over the PA that the store would be closing in ten minutes.

"Oh, man," I said, checking my phone. Almost nine o'clock. My parents were going to kill me. I reshelved the book and made my way back into the mall proper, heading towards the food court exit.

((Question: what year is this? 1996 or present day?))

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 11:24:48 AM »
Shaun saw James sit at a table next to him and James. He didn't usually talk to Chris but he has in the past. Shaun did play football as a wide receiver for the team but he didn't associate much with the football team because off the field he was quiet and a fantasy bookworm. He nodded to Chris when he sat down to be polite.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »
((I'll be the loner I guess. Kinda fits me. :P. I'm going on the assumption that it is the present...except in the present phones have cameras... :shrug: ))

My name is Caleb.

A simple, common name. I lead a simple, common life. Until one day....

I was at the town mall that day. I have no idea why. I hate being in public. It's not that I don't like people, it's  that...well, I don;t like myself very much. I'm always self-conscious, worried that I've made a mistake somewhere along the line. So, I was alone. I was just meandering around the mall, because my mom told me to just get out of the house. So I came here...in retrospect, not a horrible choice. One that greatly embroiled my life, but nonetheless, not so bad.

I saw a book store...I loved books...but it was stated that the mall would be closing. I didn't care. I could just go home. I should've anyway. My curfew was 9:30.

I headed towards the nearest exit; by the food court. In fact I ran...or, jogged I guess. I accidentally bumped into some girl. Great...

"Oh, I'm so sorry!", I said, still moving towards the exit, but slower now.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother