Author Topic: RAF Can Morph! (Read Introduction Before Posting)  (Read 19606 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Re: RAF Can Morph! (Read Introduction Before Posting)
« Reply #360 on: May 28, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »
     "Alright so...I guess we'll meet up at school then." I said, lamely.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #361 on: May 28, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
I hung my head...I was kind of disappointed. Well, more than "kind of."

"Uh...ok. Should I go out the front door? Is your brother in he way?", I asked.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #362 on: May 28, 2011, 07:27:38 PM »
     "Let me go check." I said to Caleb.

I ran down the stairs and gave a quick look around the kitchen, sitting room and backyard. My brother was nowhere to be found.

I walked back up to my room and gave the guys the all clear.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #363 on: May 28, 2011, 08:39:50 PM »
I went down the stairs and out the door. It wasn't a long bike ride. I told my parents that I had been on a bike and then headed to my bedroom. I made sure to acquire my dog and my rat. Then I decided to read a book to pass the time. I was working on "1984" by George Orwell. It was assigned reading for the summer but I had decided to get a head start. After all summer was near. ((Is it Okay for me to say that?))
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »
I nodded to James and his friends. I walked down the stairs. I felt kind of sad. I mean, I only had one or two friends in school. Leaving I felt like I might not see them again...what if this ENTIRE thing was a dream? I mean...aliens. Secret meetings. Nevermind saving the world.

I exited the building, and started walking home again. I hoped Jess wasn't in trouble. She seemed smart...she might've been a good part of the 'team'.

I rolled my eyes despite myself. I was trying to reason with myself why I cared so much for her...for any of them actually. It was all selfish. I wanted friends, and I wanted them badly. I hung my head and tried to forget it all. I also wanted to be part of something big...like this war or whatever. It sounded important.

I hmphed at myself and continued walking.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »
     I watched the guys leave from my front porch. They all seemed, to me at least, pretty downcast. I guess that had something to do with our suddenly becomming heroes over night...Not that I considered myself to be much of a hero...

I walked back into my house and grabbed my keys from the jar on the desk in the sitting room. I locked the door and began my long, lonely walk to our town Zoo.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #366 on: June 24, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
((posting in hope of bringing this back))

I was still outragously nervous. If humans knew......stealth would be gone and all out war would start.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #367 on: June 25, 2011, 08:47:23 AM »
I was feeling very conflicted as I walked home. What would happen if I just...let it all go. Forgot, or quit? Could I make a difference? I hadn't even morphed yet. What if I was an inefficient morpher, or ineffective in battle? What if...

Yea, a whole night gone by, part of it with a blue alien centaur telling you about the invasion of earth by mind-controlling slugs, and just now you realize you might just be killed if it gets violent.

I shook my head. Why couldn't I think straight? I walked even faster home. But when I got there, I immediately turned for the forest close to the area...I planned to...practice my morphing. Maybe acquire some bugs, lizards, birds. And then morph them...and the centaur.

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #368 on: July 31, 2011, 12:12:44 AM »
i sat on a bench at a bus stop across the street from where caleb was walking as he started for the forest. i looked at the note in my hand, reading the description of the boy i saw before me. he seemed a bit distracted and definitely not as paranoid about security as i would have expected. i mean, i wasn't exactly being discrete, i was simply watching him wander around.

how i got my note with the description of two of the animorphs, well, that's sort of a secret. you see, i'm the one people call when the need something. my yeerk discovered my expansive network of connections the moment i was infested. she used that to her advantage for a long time. then she was recruited by the peace movement. we've been pretty good friends ever since

<well? we gonna go talk to him?> i asked my yeerk, salinth 069

<he'll be back. hopefully in about two hours or so. he is expected for dinner anyways.>

<you think he'll listen to us?>

<we'll find a way. besides, he needs to know that they need to be more careful in the future. they were lucky this time. next time, who knows...>

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #369 on: August 17, 2011, 03:13:27 AM »
((Mind if I kick-start this thing?? *gets doctor outfit on*))

I stopped at the first tree and examined it momentarily. Trees had DNA...could they be acquired? Why would I want to be a tree anyways?

I shook my head and wandered deeper into the forest. Further...and further...until I was about a mile in. I had no idea how I was going to get back. Maybe one of the creatures I acquire will have a sense of direction. I sure didn't.

I sat on a rock in the small clearing with a vernal pool, some nice trees and bushes, and a lot of rocks to hide under.

"Where are you, you little critters...", I said to no one.

Yep. My best friends are animals. Great.

But all that might change if I was with these...acquaintanc es of mine.

I saw a bird land a few feet ahead. I knew I had no chance of acquiring it. I'm not very light on my feet. I only had one morph to practice, and I had to make sure NO ONE was around to see it. Seeing a boy turn into a bird or an ant or an anole is bad enough. Seeing a boy turn into a blue centaur? Cover = Blown Big Time.

I breathed deep. There! A beetle. I reached down and scooped it up. It was a usual beetle. Cute for a bug. Well, not that all bugs were ugly but beetles were especially cute. Anyway...I focused on the beetle. Absorb it. It's DNA. I want it's DNA. I need it's DNA.

The bug was still for a moment, and then began stumbling about. That was the acquisition trance. I put the beetle down in a safe place.

I breathed deep again, and focused once more on the beetle. Be the beetle. Become the beetle.

Crrrrrunnch! Hard wing-cases slid out from my shoulders.

"Aah!", I yelled. It wasn't painful, but...well, you try having nice big beetle wing growing from your back. It's creepy and unpleasant. But then my vision was gone! No! I was helpless! Had something gone wrong!? It was replaced by a fractured-glass view of the world.

"Oh of course, compound eye." I tried to say. Actually it came out more like, "Scree click-click screeeya."

At this point I panicked. I was stuck mid-morph and I couldn't take deep breaths.

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god!

I reverted back to my human form. Bugs and humans are just so...different.

Der-duh-der. You knew that stupid., I told myself.

I sat down again, feeling like a failure. Something more mammalian was how I would start.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #370 on: August 18, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »
Finding that I couldn't  concentrate on the book with all that had happened, I decided to head to the pet store. They usually let you pet some of the animals. I headed downstairs. "Mom! I'm going downtown!" I called as I left. After retrieving my bike from the garage I headed down the street after ten or so minutes I locked his bike outside the pet shop and headed inside. Looking around I noticed the ferret cage and walked over. He reached in and stroked one of the sleeping ferrets. Then I remembered that the pet store had an armadillo in an open pen in the back of the store. I headed towards the back and found the pen. I reached down and touched the armadillo's scaly back and focus in it, imprinting an image of it in my mind. Then I turned and looked to see if there was anything else I should acquire. I would probably want a bird and I wasn't confident in my ability to catch one. Then again I could maybe sneak into the animal shelter and find a bird of prey. That would be better. As I biked home I though about the animals I had acquired. I had plenty of small animal, but if I was going to save the world I would need to get some serious firepower. The best place for that was the zoo. I would go there tonight after my parents were asleep.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:16:32 PM by Gymn »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »
Instead of going home I decided I'd just go to the zoo because my mom wouldn't be home for a while anyway so why not?right. It didn't take me to long to get there but then I realized something I don't have any money to get in so I decided to sit on the bench and think of something.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »
I laid down on the grass. Maybe...if I waited...something would climb on me and I could acquire it. Several minutes passed. Many birds, flew by. Many insects crossed my stomach(which I wasn't about to morph any time soon.)...finally, a butterfly.

I sighed, "Well it's no more mammalian than a beetle...but if it'll give me flight it might be an invaluable resource."

I looked at it a little while longer and concluded it was a Achalarus lyciades, or a Hoary Edge. I grabbed it gently and focused on it. I let it go...I would morph it later. For now I just looked up at the tree leaves dancing in the wind.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »
I grew bored with waiting for dark with nothing to do so I grabbed the folder with our zoo membership and scribbled a note to my mom saying that I was going to the zoo and might go to a friends house afterwords. I got back on my bike and headed for the zoo. When I arrived I noticed Shaun sitting outside. "Hey Shaun, how's it going?" I had a pretty good idea what he was doing here.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #374 on: September 03, 2011, 05:01:42 PM »
"Hey i got here and realized that i have no money to get in so i decided to wait outside and think of something."
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.