Author Topic: 1000 Reasons Animorphs Should NOT Be Considered a Children's Series  (Read 6884 times)

Offline Zero_Messiah

Re: 1000 Reasons Animorphs Should NOT Be Considered a Children's Series
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2011, 10:03:47 AM »
Keep in mind that that's only one death. The number of people who die in Harry Potter would pale in comparison to the number of deaths in Animorphs.

17000 yeerks, countless humans, andalites, taxxons, hork bajir, planets, galaxies and solar systems in the ellimist chronicles. Harry potter's death toll, even if you count the nameless and faceless people whom Voldemort presumably had killed in the First War tallied up would account to slightly less than a single continent's population.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »
Ok you got me there, but when you compare animorphs to kids playing black ops its kind of....weak
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2011, 05:32:03 PM »
I would imagine actually the numbers don't matter so much as the graphicness of the deaths. I'm not saying 100,000 deaths don't mean anything but as a children's book the numbers are just numbers. If the imagery was so vivid with very explicit gore as to give nightmares then it would be bad.
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

NateSean

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2011, 06:06:31 PM »
. If the imagery was so vivid with very explicit gore as to give nightmares then it would be bad.

This. Not so much with the nightmares bit, but as I stated before, there are a number of graphically depicted deaths in the Animorphs series.

Lets not forget Visser, which the actual Animorphs don't even make an appearence in until the end of the book. That book is a cornocopia of mature concepts, including but not limited to, the heroin addict.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2011, 06:17:09 PM »
he is right but I think kids do know about drugs. Every month or so a cop comes into the classrooms sporting slogans like "cocain is a pain" or "crack is wack"
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

NateSean

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
he is right but I think kids do know about drugs. Every month or so a cop comes into the classrooms sporting slogans like "cocain is a pain" or "crack is wack"

Which is propaganda and not actual street knowledge. It wasn't until a major Police convention in my town that I knew how to recognize any of those drugs.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »
In a video I recently saw the guy was actually smoking pot.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
Ellen Geroux's Tobias books (the ones with Taylor) should frankly come with a "reader discretion is advised" note.
totally agree
also with that book(33), who ever ghost-written the book uses words i rarely use. i had to search up like 5 words in the dictionary(i love dictionaries!) and most books i don't need to search up any.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »
eh whatever