Author Topic: Animorphs "Classic" -- Is this what I think it is?  (Read 1382 times)

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
Animorphs "Classic" -- Is this what I think it is?
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that very soon we will have an Animorphs Rerelease forum of some sort for newcomers, while the newly-renamed "Classic" will retain all its heated "man, the end is crazy" spoil-y goodness.  Good call, couldn't have come up with a better one myself.   ;)

I'm just a little curious what the exact rules will be.  If I may, I'd like to suggest:

Put up a sticky listing what books are okay for discussion.  To start with:
#1-6 -- Tags required.
Not yet re-released -- Embargoed.  Don't mention plot details, don't ask what happens; those who have knowledge of Classic must stay well clear of speculation--watch, enjoy, don't contaminate even with hints.

Once a volume has been back in print for a couple (4?) months, tags are no longer required.  

I know I automatically click on spoilers, force of habit, and as long as Classic remains open, we can keep juicy plot details like[spoiler]--I told you these things are tempting--[/spoiler]over there and give the new folk a fighting chance.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:33:43 PM by wildweathel »
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: Animorphs "Classic" -- Is this what I think it is?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:58 PM »
sounds about right.

i'm creating an opt-in rank (which i'll mention somewhere) that will hide the classic board from members.
that way they'll be able to browse the forum without having to worry about 'unread posts since last visit' popping up spoilers.

any more suggestions? :)