Author Topic: Hogwarts/Animorphs Crossover RP  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Pokey

• SAY NO TO JESS
Hogwarts/Animorphs Crossover RP
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
Greetings all!
I couldn't resist the temptation of RP any longer. Since many of the current RPs are already quite well established, I thought I would try a new one, set in J K Rowling's world of witches and wizards (so as long as everyone RPing has read HP, the rules and explanations of the world really don't need to be laid down, assume everything is the same as HP, except the living professors in Hogwarts of course (ghosts still remain), many of whom have passed on or are very old by now. By the way, apologies if this idea has been done already)

The setting:
Approximately a century has passed since the fall of Lord Voldemort, and the wizarding world has since seen a time of relative peace. The ministry of magic has been largely restored to its former state, and life has resumed for wizarding folk and muggles alike without great tragedy, evil or drama....... until now *dun dun duuuuuun*. Out of sight and mind to the naive inhabitants of Earth, the yeerk invasion has found its way to the solar system, and unbeknown to the humans of Earth, a yeerk mothership has been in orbit around planet Earth for several months, making preparations for an impending invasion. (This is all I am going to tell you for now ^^)

The characters:
You are newly enrolled students about to embark on your first year in Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. After the excitement of receiving an invitation by owl, busy preparations bustling about Diagon Alley (restored to something even more magnificent than its former glory) and purchasing supplies for your first year, you are now standing on the platform 9 3/4 wishing your parents/guardians farewell.

If you are interested in RPing, please create character sheets, including your:

-Characters name
-Age (10 or 11, so not that important)
-Brief history (are they muggle born coming from a muggle school, half witch/wizard, or normal witch/wizard from a wizarding family, who spent their childhood playing Quidditch in the back yard?)
-Brief history of their family (muggles with normal day jobs or descendants of famous witches/wizards etc)
-Pets (+ details)
-A little about their personalities (personal strengths and weaknesses, interests, likes and dislikes)

Also begin to think about what classes your character might like to enroll in as this will come up very early in the RP. If you have a house preference, PM me about it so we can keep some element of surprise to the sorting hat. I will sort based on the personality you describe in the personality section of your character sheet. (also so we can mix it up a bit so that not everyone is in the same house, don't be too cut if I give you Slytherin, because that house too will have RP opportunities not available to the others later in the RP if it takes off :P)

We will start in a few days (or whenever we have sufficient interest / characters prepared) (even if you are a bit late starting, depending on how things are going, I am happy to add new characters in part way through, just PM me about it. If you would like your character to be something other than a 10yr old student (a professor perhaps) PM me about that too and I'll see what I can do :)
I won't have my own student character but rather control all the NPCs and professors etc. If you would like to co-host this RP with me, PM me about it also and we can discuss it :)

So get your wizard hats on people!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:38:55 PM by Terenia [Teach] »
Tony (Unknown User) is my GBFF :P

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
Re: Hogwarts RP
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:04:22 PM »
Sounds amazing! Im in. Ill fill out the character sheet soon
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »
This is interesting i'd like to join too and i'll make a character sheet too.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »
Sounds like a good rp.Is there anyway I could join as a centaur because I know from a brief read of Harry Potter(which I don't like,but a rp is a rp.) there are some centaurs in it.

PS: I hate to say but isn't this in the wrong thread being as this is a Animorphs rp thread and I don't think this has Animorphs does it?

Offline Pokey

• SAY NO TO JESS
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »

PS: I hate to say but isn't this in the wrong thread being as this is a Animorphs rp thread and I don't think this has Animorphs does it?

The animorphs theme will come into it quite early when the yeerk invasion begins. And yes. There will be morphing cubes involved. And magic creatures. Thus magical creature morphs. So wipe up that drool and make a character sheet! :D
Tony (Unknown User) is my GBFF :P

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Xtreme Member
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
Re: Hogwarts/Animorphs Crossover RP
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 02:54:56 PM »
hmmmm I have never really made a chracter sheet before but I will see what I can do.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:19 PM »
My character sheet.

Hunter Lupin. 11 years old. Great great grandson of Tonks and Remus Lupin. Male. A Metamorphmagus (so I could pull the "the anti-morphing ray doesn't work!" thing). No sign of being werewolf. Grew up in the English countryside with father Ribert Lupin (wizard/Auror) and mother Barbara (muggle/interior decerator). Is experienced in outdoor activities like hunting and camping. A- to B+ average in muggle school. Knowing that dogs aren't allowed at Hogwarts he trained a hunting cat that he calls Shredder. Plays guitar. Dreams of either becoming an Auror or introducing muggle music to the wizard world. Hates bullies. likes to listen to classic rock usually from between 1960-1990. Plays as a beater for the second best quiddtch team in his junior league.

ANd that's my character sheet. Hope that covers anything. Also I don't care what house im in for two resons 1) You can have friends from oter houses so being in Slytherin doesn't mean you need to hang out with some jerk. 2) All the houses have traits I value Gryfindor: Bravery. Ravenclaw: Intelligence. Hufflepuff: Hard Working. And Slytherin: Determination.

Can't wait to start this is my first RP.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Xtreme Member
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 10:12:10 PM »
Oh wow...I so forgot I signed up for this rp..sorry.

I have my centaur desc/character sheet done but I need to make a few changes and I should be ready soon.

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »
Can I be a fifth year student?
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:25 PM »
send a message to the guy who started it. I cant wait to start this. Hope it gets popular soon.

Post Merged: April 07, 2011, 11:27:54 PM
OK I'm to impatient so I'm going to try to start this now. Stop me if I'm too early.

The train ride was uneventful. No new friends so far because shredder kept anyone from coming in my cabin, especially four or five students. The instant they opened the door Shredder hissed and glared. Shredder even lunged at one. The people didn't seem to have anything in common, all different ages and races. They only did one similar thing. Each one shot my cat a glare of deep hatred before they ran off. It was fine with me anyway. I like the quiet, and I was already feeling homesick. The silence reminded me of hunting back home. When I closed my eyes I was almost back home, smelling the pine trees with my hunting rifle, old reliable in my hand taking steady aim at a deer. Besides daydreaming I spent most of the ride working on a song with my guitar while I munched on some sweets from the trolley. After I got off the train I saw something amazing. Not the castle, an amazing girl with waist length dirty blond hair and shockingly brown eyes.  I guess she caught me staring and started to stomp over to me. "What's your problem!" I said the wittiest thing I could think of which was "Ugh?" Then in an attempt to catch myself I spotted something that looked like a Pegasus hitched to the front of a carriage. "I was looking at those horse things." She turned around and seemed to be searching for them, like they weren't obviously there. "Are you pulling some joke on me?" She demanded? "What? Do you mean you can't see them? Their hitched right up to those carriages?" "Fine play dumb." Then she stormed away. I was both confused and I had the feeling that I'd been hit by a particularly strong jelly legs curse. Then I noticed a very round man with what looked like a mullet from about 120 years ago. He was yelling "First years over here!" I walked over to the overweight 70's reject. I was oddly happy to see the angry girl coming to. The adult said his name was Professor Jones, and teaches care of magical creatures. First years apparently have to cross the lake. At least we were in good weather. Mildly warm just after sunset. I got into the boat with 3 other boys and had an idea. "Hey a galleon says the whale either falls out of his boat or sinks it." In two minutes it was a up to five galleons. Me and a red haired boy with freckles thought that he would get wet and some Asian twins thought he would stay up. We won. About three quarters across who stood up to tell us to duck under the ivy and smacked his head on the low wall holding the ivy. When he came back up he didn't have the mullet anymore. When we made it across a young brunet woman greeted us and said we would be sorted soon. So I waited in the corner with a vague sense of wonder about which house I would be in.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:27:54 PM by newBlazingAngel »
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »
Uhm? Not your RP. You should wait before only 2 people are signed up, and have the owner tell you to start. Idk. Just my opinion

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
Well I'm going to leave it up just as my first impression. That was just me and so far more than two have signed up just not all have their character sheets. btw make sure to include that  its been about 100 years since  Voldemort died an 1997 so muggles will have greater technology.

Post Merged: April 08, 2011, 03:22:28 PM
besides I said "stop me if im early"

Post Merged: April 10, 2011, 09:41:11 PM
Anyobdy gonna post. I've been waiting forever.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:41:11 PM by newBlazingAngel »

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Xtreme Member
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »
(heh yeah and I'm working on trying to figure out a way to introduce my centaur character.)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »
considering your tobias would your cetaur train thestrals?

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Xtreme Member
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »
(hmmm I don't think mine would..although I guess I could somehow work out a way to play both Tobias and my centaur chracter as like working partners or something..as long as no one minds that?)