Author Topic: RAFamorphs Book 1: The Start  (Read 13592 times)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Re: RAFamorphs Book 1: The Start
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »

March 11, 2011
San Diego, California
1:45 am

Team #31:

- Cody's POV

“Are we there yet?” Demos asked

“Does it look like we're there yet!?” Blue answered

“How 'bout now?”

“Jess!” Blue called

“Got it” Jess said before slapping Demos in the back of the head

That was the looongest three mile walk through a quiet suburb I ever had in my life. Things started out nice with Blue and I finding five flashlights conveniently placed at the front door. But that was about as far as our luck got us. Demos complained and fell asleep in the middle of the street a few times and we had to stop Jess from turning around and going back “home” every five minutes. Blue and Sealie were pretty quiet for the most part, though both of them considered turning back around with Jess. The map wasn't much help either. You try finding your way somewhere with just this to work with:

“So, any ideas on what we're supposed to looking for once we get there?” Demos asked, skeptically

“With any luck, maybe some answers” Jess said  “I'm not exactly thrilled at thought of being a kid again”

“Oh come on, Jess! Where's all your childlike wonder!?” Blue cheerfully asked

“What childlike wonder. I thought we've already established that Jess was born an adult” Demos laughed...before Jess hit him again

It was nice, seeing some friendly banter between my fellow RAFians. It helped get all our minds off of how scared we were.

“Uh...guys” Sealie said “I think we're here”

We all stopped. Sealie was right. We made it to the edge of whatever neighborhood we were in. You know those places you drive by in with a bunch of houses under construction? Areas with mountains upon mountains of sawdust? With half finished streets? That about sums up where we were. But beyond this little construction complex was a forest the sorriest excuse for a forest I ever saw. The construction really took its toll on what was left of all of the trees(the ones that weren't already turned into lifeless stumps)

“This place is a disaster” Jess said

“Well...on the bright side, these houses look like they'll turn out nicely once they're finished”

That was Blue, of course. Jess and I both couldn't resist the urge to punch him in both arms after that.

“So..I guess we should go on in” Sealie suggested

“Um...yeah, I guess so” I agreed “Everybody stay close to each other and keep your flashlights on at all times”

We walked in silence. The only sounds that could be heard were our footsteps against the fall leaves and the occasional owl or cricket. As we got deeper into the woods, we realized that not all of it had been affected by the construction. In fact, after walking around for a few minutes, we found ourselves surrounded by tall, considerably healthy trees. We couldn't even see the sky anymore.

“AH!” Sealie jumped and pointed her flashlight behind her

“Chill out Beth” Blue said “It was just a frog”

Blue pointed his flashlight in the same direction Sealie pointed hers, revealing a tiny frog jumping out of some leaves it had got caught under.

“Oh..yeah....sorry”

“It's alright. If it makes you feel any better, I'm terrified of frogs” Blue laughed

“So does anybody know where we are..or what we're looking for?” Jess asked

“Your guess is as good as mine” I said “I'm just waiting for something....abnorm al”

“You mean our current situation isn't abnormal enough for.....”

Before Blue could finish his smartass remark, he was cut off by what sounded like...distant talking.

“Shhh!” I put my finger up to my lips, signaling everybody to shut up

We all stopped in our tracks and tried to figure out what we were hearing

“It has to be somewhere around here” a distant voice said “The ship crashed around this general area!”

“The Visser is gonna kill us! It's bad enough we let the Andalite kill himself before we had a chance to infest him. But now we have no idea where he hid the Escafil Device.”

My eyes widened and I looked back at the others, each wearing a similar expression to mine.

“...oh sh**” Blue whispered
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
:awesome:

Lots of hitting. :P

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 05:31:24 AM »
Yes. we are a violent bunch :P

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
So fitting, though. :D

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »
Really Brilliant work!
Meh.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
Moar?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 05:54:30 AM »
Dont rush lol I update whenever I can

Glaflafock

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 06:03:54 AM »
Take your time Blue, you're doing well so far.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 01:55:04 PM »
I love the drawing, it made me LOL.
Meh.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »
Quiero mas! Quiero mas!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »
If i'm lucky it'll be up tonight or tomorrow

Post Merged: March 30, 2011, 10:29:35 PM
Please forgive any typos you may run into. I finished this at like 11:30 pm and will literally be going to sleep right after this post. They will be fixed once I'm more...awake

March 11, 2011
San Diego, California
2:02 am

Team #31

- Demos' POV

“No! No no no! Hell no!” Blue whispered “We need to leave, now!”

“What?” I protested “We finally find something interesting and you wanna leave?”

“Interesting? We're in the middle of a dark forest at two in the morning and there are some weirdos out there claiming to be controllers! And you find all this interesting?” Jess asked

“Well.,,,.yeah”

“Well you can stay with your interesting psychos. I'm going back to that house we came from...assuming the owners aren't some crazy kidnappers” Blue said as he walked away

“Wait up” Jess called “I'm coming with you”

“Actually...I think I wanna go back too” Sealie admitted “Sorry Demonbro, but I think we may be in a bit over our heads now.”

I looked at Cody “Are you leaving too?”

“No. I'm actually just as interested as you” Cody laughed

With the others gone, taking their flashlights with them, the forest definitely became a lot darker. We kept a steady pace behind the two supposed controllers, making sure they didn't notice they were being followed. Luckily they brought flashlights with them too so Cody and I could turn ours off, leaving us practically invisible to them...well.....unl ess they turned around....

One of the controllers growled “How hard could it possibly be to find a glowing Blue box!?”

“Maybe he buried it?”

“Please. He was just some dumb cadet. He wouldn't be smart enough to bury it”

“Don't underestimate the Andalites. There's a reason only one of the has ever been infested. They're a very crafty bunch.”

“Not the ones we fought back in space. There had to have been only fifty of them and yet they thought they could take on our whole armada!”

The controllers laughed

“Forty-nine other Andalite fools! All shot down on to this Godforsaken planet. I wander how long they'll survive. That is, assuming the other forty-nine Vissers don't find them”

“Who was the one we caught?”

“You didn't hear the Visser gloat about it? It was Prince Elfangor's brother, Aximilli. Speaking of Elfangor, did you hear Visser 1's troops in Delaware found what was left of him after his ship crashed?”

“Yeah. I hear Visser 3 is pretty pissed about Visser 1 finding him first”

I had to slap my hand over my mouth to keep from gasping. Cody and I both stopped in our tracks. There's no way these guys are just some freaks who think they're controllers...I think they might be the real deal. And if what they're saying is true, there are fifty Vissers on this planet, ready to completely dominate the earth, with no Animorphs around to stop them.

“Um...maybe we should leave now” Cody suggested

“No way. We're in too deep. We gotta keep going. Now hurry up before we lose them.”

Despite almost every part of my body telling me to turn back, I continued to trudge forward. I half expected Cody to ditch me like the others but I guess his gut was telling him the same thing as mine. The fate of the world might rest solely on whether or not we stay.

“Hey..look! I think we found it!”

Sure enough, a few feet ahead of them, there was a bright blue glow against a tree, poorly hidden under what looked like a pile of leaves

“W...we...WE FOUND IT!” The controller said, apparently overcome with joy

They ran to the tree and picked one of them bent down and picked up the morphing cube. They embraced each other in celebration before the one with his hands free pulled out what I'm guessing was  a dracon beam.

“Visser 31 said to fire this into the sky when we found it, right?”

“Yeah! Go ahead and fire it up! They'll be here in a matter of minutes, along with our promotions!”

The Controller pointed his dracon beam up at the sky and pulled the trigger. A pillar of light shot up from the barrel of weapon and slowly faded away after a few seconds. After putting the gun back into his pocket he looked at his partner and smiled again. I don't understand why they're so excited. If they're Visser is anything like V3 then he'll probably kill those two and take the credit for himself.

“We can't just let them hand that over” Cody said

“I'm way ahead of you!”I grinned

Before Cody could even ask what I had planned, I had already dropped my flashlight and was making a beeline towards those two controllers

“Hey, what the f.....ARGH!”

The controller holding the box fell to his knees in pain after I kicked him in the shin. As soon as the escafil device left his hands, I picked it up and ran as fast as I could.

“Ugh...DAMMIT BEN!” I heard Cody shout as he caught up with me “You couldn't think of anything else!”

“Oh I'm sorry. Did you have anything better in mind?”

“Well...no...but they're gaining on us, and I'm not exactly Mr. Track Star! And did you forget they called reinforcements!?”

“Oh come on, how fast could it possibly take for their reinforce....”

“DUCK!” Cody screamed

Before I could even stop running, Cody tackled me to the ground. I started to get up and keep running but then a large, dinosaur-like foot stomped in front of my face. I gulped as I looked up and looked into the face of the seven foot tall Hork Bajir towering over me.

“Er..I'm guessing this is why you attacked me” I panted

“Yeah...now uh...how bout we...”

TSEEEWWW!

A Dracon beam was inches away from hitting Cody in the face, signaling us to get up and keep running. How we avoided that Hork bajir was beyond me but now it was chasing us along with about six other human controllers, all firing at us and missing by mere inches. We swerved and ducked and dodged but they were persistent. Eventually we reached the edge of the forest, a cliff that had to be at least 30 feet high and with a huge lake below it. Cody and I looked at each other and then back over the cliff.

“No! No way in hell am I....” Cody started

TSEEEWWW!

Another shot went right over our heads. I didn't care how much time Cody needed to think about it, I grabbed his arm and pulled him over the cliff with me

“AAAAAAAAAAH!” we both screamed as we hit the water

We landed a lot harder than I had expected. I was dizzy....I needed air....I couldn't let go of the cube.....My head was spinning too fast, I couldn't breath, and my vision started to blur...well...even more blurry than it already was since I was underwater. Before I blacked out, I could feel somebody tugging on my arm, I felt my body being pulled upward and soon....

“C'mon Ben! Breath!”

I felt something slam hard on my chest, making me cough up all the water that had been built up inside of me. As my vision came back, I could see Cody kneeling over me, soaking wet. We weren't in the forest anymore but it was too dark to know for sure where we were. I tried to sit up but my head was killing me.

“W...where are we?”

“We're in a cave.” Cody explained “I don't know how long we can hide out here, though. I've been hearing Dracon fire for the past five minutes and it's getting closer. So get up and get yourself together, we may have to run soon.”

I finally managed to sit up but my clothes were so wet and cold. I could barely move. I looked over at the Blue box sitting next to Cody and sighed in relief. For a second I thought I might have dropped it back in the lake.

“So how long are we gonna stay here?”

“I don't know. We might end here all night if they don't find us. But if they do...”

Cody's last words were drowned out by some weird cross between a snort and a growl that came from behind me

“...what the hell was that?” I asked

I looked at Cody, whatever color was left in his face vanished instantly and he had this look on his face like somebody just pulled a gun out on him

“B...Ben!” He stuttered “W...wha..whatever you do, don't panic...”

“Why? What's wrong”

“Turn around...verrrry slowly”

I did as he instructed and turned around just enough to see directly behind me. What I saw filled me with more terror than any kind of Hork Bajir, dracon beam, or even the Yeerks. I could outrun them. But there's no way I could possibly outrun the large mass of black fur that was the bear whose cave we just entered.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:29:35 PM by Graphic Blue »

Glaflafock

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

IT'S A BEAR!!!!!!! :awesome:

Okay, seriously though, really good post. So, do these two controller dudes have the morphing power now too? And I'm diggin' the alternate storyline so much.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »
Yay, I loved it! :awesome: Hurry up and post more :P That's all I can say. And...this is sounding really interesting!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2011, 04:35:09 PM »
Great chapter Blue. Wait, what do you mean Ax is dead?! :O
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 05:28:05 PM »
Yes. Ax and the other 49 Andalites are dead. They either died in the crash or killed themselves to escape being infested but we'll get to that later

Glaflafock