Author Topic: RAFamorphs Book 1: The Start  (Read 13590 times)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
RAFamorphs Book 1: The Start
« on: March 12, 2011, 01:59:19 AM »
Ok. Soooo...I found out I would be taking a creative writing class next year. And what better way to prepare for that than to write a fic in a forum with at least 3 english teachers. This one has been a brainchild of mine for a while now but I never got to actually writing it until I got some positive feedback from fellow RAFians who said they liked the idea. Fair Warning: I am faaaar from being a great writer :P Hell, I wouldn't even consider myself to be a decent one. But the creative writing teacher @ my school also happens to be my AP english teacher now and she's probably the biggest hardass you'll ever meet so I might as well get the hang of writing now so I wont fail this class. So, without further ado, read and enjoy:

RAFamorphs #1: The Start

My name is Richard. That's my first name, obviously. I can't tell you my last name. It would be too dangerous. The Controllers are everywhere. Everywhere. And if they knew my full name, they could find me and my friends, and then . . . well, let's just say I don't want them to find me. What they do to people who resist them is too horrible to think about. Sounds familiar, right? Well it should if you happen to be a member of my forum. If not then I'm afraid you may have lost your sanity to a talking Seal holding a vacuum cleaner......you haven't? Well...then you REALLY aren't a member of my forum. I guess things would be a little easier to explain if I start from the beginning then. You see, six or seven years ago, I started an online community known as “Richard's Animorphs Forum”. It started off pretty simple, just a few book nerds discussing their love for a series that's been dead for years. But as the years went by, I watched my tiny little forum expand into what it is today: The Largest Animorphs community in World. I'm so renowned that even the writer of Animorphs is a member of my forum! Now, with 3770 members, RAF's fame is beginning to reach otherworldly proportions. I know what you're thinking. “What does this have to do with the story?” right? RAF's fame actually has EVERYTHING to do with this story. Me starting this forum and helping it grow into what it's become now.....was probably the biggest mistake of my life...scratch that, what you're about to read about, how I single-handedly endangered the lives of hundreds of people, was without a doubt THE biggest mistake in anybody's life. It all started about a week ago in RAFchat.....

[20:57:47] Richard: hey
[20:57:54] Terenia: …..
[20:58:10] Goom: Whoa! Richard? On RAFchat?
[20:58:43] Richard: Yeah yeah. I know. It's like a sign of the apocalypse or something :P
[20:59:57] Goom: Lol
[21:01:00] Terenia: lmao
[21:02:08] Richard: So what's up?
[21:02:10] Estrid: HI RICHARD
[21:02:24] Goom: Not much. Just having an Animorphs convo in here for once
[21:03:10] Phoenix004: You'd think we'd have more of those on here...
[21:03:19] Richard: Well this is an Animoprhs forum isn't it?
[21:03:30] Terenia: Animorphs? I thought this was a bottle cap forum!
[21:03:40] Goom: lol Yes Teach. This is a bottle cap forum
[21:03:55] Phoenix004: Lol
[21:04:01] Estrid: Ha ha! Bottle caps?

No. You don't need to get your eyes examined. We're really having a conversation about bottlecaps, this randomness is the part of RAF that most of us have come to love the most. In fact, we were having so much fun, we never even stopped to question the odds of all five moderators winding up in the chat at the same time. The next 3 hours were a typical RAFchat. We had a bit of a debate about Animorphs, mostly the ending. That's when things got...weird

[24:58:02] Goom: Yes, the ending left a lot of plotholes unanswered but that's what made it so good. It gave the readers a chance to make their own speculations.
[24:58:15] Phoenix004: No way. It was just KA being a lazy writer and wanting to end her series off as quick as possible so she can could move on to Remnants
[23:58:20] Terenia: Lazy? No. The Ghostwriters were lazy!
[23:58:30] Phoenix004: And KA's laziness is what gave us the ghostwriters :dull:
[23:58:35] Richard: I actually agree with Mike. The ending was completely rushed and made it perfectly clear that KA had stopped caring about Animorphs and wanted to move on to bigger and...arguably better things
[23:59:23] Estrid: Bigger? Better!? Didn't one of the characters in Remnants airlift himself on rollerblades via fart? :facepalm:
[23:59:30] Goom: …..I don't remember that
[23:59:32] Estrid: I may not have read the book in years but I vaguely remember somebody farting on skates and being lifted off the ground :dull:
[23:59:34] Goom: So....you guys think you could write a better ending than KA?
[23:59:40] Terenia: Yes
[23:59:40] Estrid: Hell yeah!
[23:59:42] Phoenx004: Aren't I already in the process of doing that now? Lol
[23:59:55] Richard: I'm not much of a writer but I probably could
[23:59:59] Anonymous: How convenient...

Just then, the chat made that little beeping noise it makes when somebody enters and the name, Anonymous, appeared at the top of the online box

[00:00:00] Phoenix004: ???
[00:00:00] Estrid: Aaaand there goes our mods only conversation
[00:00:00] Terenia: Um...I think our awesomeness broke the RAFclock
[00:00:00] Anonymous: No, sorry. That was me actually me
[00:00:00] Terenia: Lol right
[00:00:00] Anonymous: Pardon the intrusion but I couldn't help but overhea......over read....your interesting conversation
[00:00:00] Goom: Any conversation with Richard in it is bound to be interesting
[00:00:00] Terenia: Yeah, you're new here so you don't really know yet, but Goom and I are the only mods who regularly visit RAFchat
[00:00:00] Anonymous: Oh I know. And I'm far from new.
[00:00:00] Anonymous: Can I let you in on a little secret?
[00:00:00] Terenia: …..er....ok
[00:00:00] Goom: Sure, why not?
[00:00:00] Anonymous: ...I'm the real reason for RAF's existence
[00:00:00] Phoenix004: Lol really now
[00:00:00] Anonymous: I'm serious. I'm also the reason you're all assembled here today. Mike, Kat, Jessi, Kevin, and Richard. In a way, I am your RAFfather
[00:00:00] Estrid: How the hell do you know our names
[00:00:00] Anonymous: Oh, I know many things about all of you, Kat. Oh and by the way....
[00:00:00] Anonymous: [00:00:00] Estrid [»] Terenia: What a charming psycopath <<<<< I don't really appreciate being talked about behind my back.
[00:00:00] Terenia: …..
[00:00:00] Estrid: Wait...what...how!?
[00:00:00] Anonymous: By the way, I've taken the liberty of taking Speedy off your hands for you, seeing as you wont have much time to fix his dinner now.
[00:00:00] Estrid: …..Dude! WHERE IS MY TORTOUISE!? HE WAS RIGHT NEXT TO ME JUST A SECOND AGO!
[00:00:00] Anonymous: You know how Speedy is. Always moving :P
[00:00:00] Richard: Who the hell are you!?
[00:00:00] Anonymous: I've already explained who I am. I am the real genius behind RAF.

I tried to tell this creep off but everytime I touched my keyboard I got shocked

[00:00:00] Anonymous: I'm sure you're all dieing to speak to me, but I don't have much longer before I must depart and I still have to deliver my message to you all. So until I finish, you will be unable to touch your computers

“....What the hell is going on!?” I thought “How is he doing this!?”

[00:00:00] Anonymous: I have a little...propositio n for you all. When Kevin mentioned you all being able to write better than the lovely Mrs. Applegate, a wonderful thought popped into my head. How about I give you all the chance?

He can't possibly mean...

[00:00:00] Anonymous: That's right, Richard. I'm giving you all the chance to make your own adventures in the wonderful world of Animorphs! Granted there may be some unexpected twists down the rode. But if done right, the end result should be all of you making an ending that would please the fans who have been raging about it since #54 was published.

Make our own adventure? He wants us to write a fanfic?

[00:00:00] Anonymous: Funny you should mention fanfics *winks to Blue*

“Get out of my head!” I snapped, trying my best not to let this guy know how scared he was making me “And Blue's not even here!”

[00:00:00] Anonymous: So true. Forgive me, I was merely breaking the fourth wall. And I heard that, Jessi! You oughta watch your language when talking to somebody who has the power to change your life forever :D So what do you say, Rich? Would you and your friends like to partake in my little challenge? I've unlocked your keyboard so you all can answer
[00:00:00] Goom: I'm in
[00:00:00] Phoenix004: I already have a fic but I doubt you'll be giving us much a choice
[00:00:00] Estrid: GIVE ME BACK MY SPEEDY, YOU F-
[00:00:00] Estrid [»] Estrid: I am away!
[00:00:00] Anonymous: I'm sorry, I had to disconnect her. Her language is really atrocious. You should hear all the nasty things she's thinking about me.

[00:00:00] Terenia: If I do this, do you promise to leave us all alone
[00:00:00] Anonymous: I swear on my life. After this is all over, you will never hear from me again
[00:00:00] Terenia: Then I'm in too
[00:00:00] Anonymous: And then there was...Richard

I gulped. He was just asking us to write a new ending, right? New big deal, it's been done a million times.....but why was I so scared? That was actually a really dumb question. I know why the hell I'm scared. Whoever this guy is, he's just read my mind twice, kidnapped Estrid's Tortoise without her even seeing, and turned all of our computers into electric fences. I wanted to say no. I REALLY wanted to say no.

[00:00:00] Anonymous: Tick tock, Richard

But what would happen if I did? Would this mystery person magically show up next to me...and kill me? Write a simple fic or risk pissing this guy off?

[00:00:01] Richard: ….Count me in

As soon as my finger lifted off of the “enter button” my computer exploded in a flash of light. I tried to scream but my mouth wouldn't budge, in fact I couldn't even feel my mouth, or the rest of my body for the matter. The light seemed to go for an eternity before I finally blacked out. I couldn't open my eyes but I could feel again. I was lying face down on what felt like a hardwood floor. A part of me wanted to open my eyes and see where I was and whether or not I was alone. But another part of me stayed fearful. I wanted to keep my eyes closed and pretend I didn't just make a decision that I would later come to regret.

Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: RAFamorphs Book 1: The Start
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
I'm glad you decided to start this Blue, looks like a promising start. Obviously it's hard to tell early on, but you seem to have the written our characters quite accurately, except for how I feel about the end to the series. I used to hate it, but over time I've come to realise there wasn't really a better way to do it.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, will chat to you about it next time I see you around.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

radgeek

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »
I love RAF fics!  The only part that didn't feel real to me was the bit where the mods are taking about the end of Animorphs.  I love this otherwise and would love to read more.

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »
I like it so far.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »
Yeah that argument about the ending was mostly there to set up your little deal with "anonymous" I know that's probably not how you guys really feel about it

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
Great job Blue! :D

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »

March 11, 2011
San Diego, California
12:01 am

Team #31:

You know that feeling you get when you get when you just wake up from a deep sleep and find yourself not knowing where in the world you are? Well take that feeling and multiply it by 100 and you got how I feel. I looked at the clock on my phone with half opened eyes and blurred vision (all the lights being off didn't help much either) I couldn't exactly make out the numbers yet, but I could see a big “AM” on the screen.

“Oh God” I sighed

I hate waking up before the sun on the weekends. Knowing full well I had at least a few hours left of sleep I could be getting, I laid my head back down on my pillow and tried to go back to sleep. After making no progress in the past 10 minutes, I finally realized why I had woken myself up so early

I sighed again and got out of bed. Too lazy to turn the lights on, I put my hands on the wall and felt around for the door, finding it only after stubbing my toe several times and tripping over what felt like another bed....but that couldn't be. My room only has one bed.

“Geez, I must really be out of it” I said to myself

Once I finally left my run, I felt around for the hallway light switch but to no avail. So I put my hands to the wall again and repeated the process until I was three doors away from when I started.

“Finally” I said, opening the bathroom door

After doing my....business....I went back to my room. I crawled back into bed but...something was off....suddenly there was less room...and I could feel something...lightly breathing on the back of my neck. My eyes shot open. My first reaction was to kick whatever the hell was in my bed

WHAM

THUMP

“OUCH! What was that!?”

“Who's there!?” I asked with my fists balled

“I should be asking you the same thing” I heard somebody with a light southern accent respond

I darted out of bed and went for the light switch next to the door. I gasped as I got a full view of...what totally wasn't my room. For one thing it was a lot bigger and cleaner. There was a a small television resting atop a shelf with a VCR and several VHS tapes and one of those closets with a sliding door right next to it. Each wall had shelves hanging from them, the shelves either carried photographs of people I've never seen before, books that I didn't know existed, and video games that I didn't know were still being sold. And my blue walls and hideous orange carpet were replaced with white walls and a light blue carpet. But the strangest thing about this bedroom, was the fact that there was not one, not two, but three small beds in different corners of the room. Two were empty. But one, in the corner where the TV is, had a large...heavy breathing...lump under the covers. I looked at the bed closest to the door, there was a boy with really short brown hair, sitting on the floor rubbing the side of face with a large bruise on it. There was something really familiar about him but I couldn't figure it out until I heard him speak again.

“...this isn't my room....” he said in a confused tone

Ok, I've definitely heard that voice and that accent before. But where....and then it hit me...

“Uh....Cody?” I asked

“Yeah” he answered “Wait..how do you know my name?”

“It's me...Blue” I said

Cody raised an eyebrow and started looking around the room again, as if he didn't hear what I just said. But..there was no way he could Cody. Cody's like 19 and this guy didn't look much older than 12 or 13. If anything, he looked like he could be Cody's son.

“Oh, I get it” He laughed “I'm having another RAF dream”

he sighed “I normally have these things when I fall asleep on RAFchat”

“If you're dreaming than wouldn't a kick to the face have woken you up?” I asked “I mean, if pinching wakes somebody up then a kick should have made you jump out the bed and do triple somersaults with one hand tied behind your back”

Cody looked less amused and rubbed his eyes. He obviously still wasn't completely awake

“You can't be Blue. You're voice is different” He said

Now that he mentioned it...my voice did sound liked it lost some bass. I noticed the closet had a mirror on the door. I walked over to it and got a closer look at myself. I didn't look much different...but I was shorter and I did look significantly younger. Cody pushed me aside and examined himself. He kept rubbing his eyes and looking back at the mirror. He repeated this for a good two minutes before finally asking....

“What is going on!?”

“I have no idea. One minute I fell asleep in my room and in my bed and the next....”

“AAAAH!”

A high pitched scream from the other side of the door made Cody and I jump backwards.

We opened the door and ran to the one across from ours. We heard muffled yells and commotion coming from the other side.

“Who are you!? What are you doing in my....wait...this isn't my room” a voice on the other side of the door said in a....Wisconsin accent?

Cody and I looked at each other

“You don't think....?” I started

I slowly turned the knob on the door and gently pushed it open. Inside was an almost exact replica of the room Cody and I had just left only the carpet was pink instead of blue. And there were two beds instead of three. In the center of the room were two girls who also looked about 12 or 13. They both had brown hair but one was wearing glasses and her hair was longer and a lighter shade of brown. They were both on the floor panting and their hair was wild and going off in different directions like they had just been fighting.

“Er...hello ladies” Cody said

“Who are these guys!?” The long haired girl said

Hold on a minute...I know that voice too....” I thought

“Why am I in a house full of kids!?” The Wisconsinite said

“Jess, it's me, your Codykins!” Cody said with a wide grin

Jess' jaw dropped. I guess it occurred to her too that this kid really looked like Cody

“C..Cody!?” She asked

“Broken Cody?” The long haired girl asked

“Broken Cody” I said “And I'm Blue”

Both girls' mouths hung open. I grinned at them both, knowing exactly who the other girl was.

“Blue!?” She exclaimed

“Yep. What up, Sealsis?”

“Wha...how did...where are we!?”

Before any of us could answer her, a boy with reddish brown hair casually walked into the room with a drousy look on his face

“Hey, could you guys keep it down? It's 12:00!” He said

We all just stared at him. Nobody moved or even blinked. We just stared at him. How could this guy just casually walk up to four people he didn't even know and ask them to be quiet? Doesn't he wander what these people are doing in his house...if this is his house

“Er...who are you?' Sealie asked, finally breaking the silence

“Ben” he said, while walking back to the other bedroom

The four of us shared similar looks of astonishment before we all called:

“Demos!?”

“What!?” he called back from the other room “I'm trying to sleep!”

“Ben, get your scrawny butt in here!” Jess demanded

With a loud groan, Demos shuffled back into the room

“Don't you know who we are?” I asked

“How could I not? You're all so loud.”

“And you don't wander why we've all woken up in a strange house? Or why all of us but Sealie are suddenly years younger?”

“Too late to wander” he said, leaning on the wall “I'll get on it in the morn...”

CRASH

Sealie screamed and jumped on the bed as large rock, wrapped in a piece of paper, flew through the window. Cody picked the rock up, unwrapped it, and read whatever was written on the paper

“It's some kind of map...and a crudely drawn one at that” He said, closely inspecting the paper

All of us, minus Demos who went back to sleep, walked over to Cody and took turns trying to figure the paper out. He was right, it was a map...but a badly drawn one. It looked like a three year old did with a crayon. On one side of the paper, there was a picture of a small house with the words “You are here” written inside it. On the other side there was what looked like a bunch a forest with a blue square in the middle of it. A yellow line connected the two sides and the words “3 miles” was written above the line.

“Ok...what is this?” I asked

“I think we're supposed to follow it” Cody said

“Right because walking three miles to the middle of a forest in our pajamas is totally not gonna get us killed” Jess sarcastically pointed out “While we're at it, why don't we have a picnic with the serial killer who will most likely be waiting for us when we get there?”

“It's better than staying in here. We don't know what kind of weirdos might own this house.” I said

“Agreed” Sealie said “We'd probably be safer outside then we would in here”

Jess sighed and rested her forehead on her palm

“Fine” she said

“Then it's settled” Cody cheerfully exclaimed “Blue and I will look around this house for some flashlights, and you two ladies will meet us outside in about 5 minutes. After you wake up sleeping beauty of course”
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:54:10 PM by Kingdom Blue »

Glaflafock

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »
((This is delicious. Please keep writing. :) ))
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »
Very entertaining first meeting Blue, nice work. :)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 03:47:17 PM »
Good job, Blue! :D Can't wait for more.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »
Awesome start, Bluesie!  I love it!  :)  There's a proper air of mystery about the whole thing too.  

((But remember, I have contacts now.  :)  I do put them in a little while after I get up, though...))
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

radgeek

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 11:32:18 PM »
Not your voice Blue!   You wonderful voice!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 05:35:18 AM »
Yes, Rad. my horribly deep voice is no more :P probably not a good thing cuz I hated my voice when I was 13 too

Glaflafock

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 12:19:33 PM »
Love this, Blue! Keep writing! I think you pinned Jess down pretty well. :D I can just see her exasperation as everyone else goes off on a three mile hike/adventure. :P

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

radgeek

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 07:49:16 PM »
I think the worst thing about finding myself younger for me would be being younger.  I have to live 18 years to get the right to vote and I ain't giving it up.