Author Topic: Stupid Things Visser Three Has Ever Done  (Read 6937 times)

Offline Tsuribachi

Re: Stupid Things Visser Three Has Ever Done
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2011, 04:49:31 AM »
It may have been stated before, I didn't read the entire post.   

One of the stupidest things he did was let Visser Ones' cronies guard their cell while they were aboard the Mother Ship stationed off of Earth in book 5 or 6.  Well I can't quite remember if it were her guards exactly, but you'd think he'd keep a better eye on his captives, and you'd also think he'd know that being a Yeerk, Visser One would screw him over at the first opportunity.

edit: Ok, I did see that post on the first page.  Redundancy :(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 04:52:43 AM by Tsuribachi »

Death comes suddenly and there's no notion of good or bad, it leaves no dramatic feeling but great emptiness.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2011, 09:03:36 AM »
It may have been stated before, I didn't read the entire post.   

One of the stupidest things he did was let Visser Ones' cronies guard their cell while they were aboard the Mother Ship stationed off of Earth in book 5 or 6.  Well I can't quite remember if it were her guards exactly, but you'd think he'd keep a better eye on his captives, and you'd also think he'd know that being a Yeerk, Visser One would screw him over at the first opportunity.

edit: Ok, I did see that post on the first page.  Redundancy :(

I'm not sure, but I think he had his guards stationed outside the holding cell, but Visser One's guards took them out.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Tsuribachi

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »
Visser Three still should've known what was up. I would've put like 20 Hork Bajirs outside that door.  Also I would have installed a camera in the room lol

Death comes suddenly and there's no notion of good or bad, it leaves no dramatic feeling but great emptiness.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
     Dont forget: Visser Three was an idiot, to say the least.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »
a confident idiot as well
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Tsuribachi

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »
I personally think all the Yeerk are kinda semi-retarded.  Especially the one that took over Jake early in the series.

Offline LorenF15

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2011, 09:52:52 PM »
The most idiotic thing had to be NOT making Tobias a controller. Here he was, the son of his WORST ENEMIES, and he lets him walk because he thinks Tobias is just a street punk?!?! It makes no sense. He despised Elfangor. He hated Loren and remembered her taunting him. If nothing else, you would think he would want to torture Tobias by infesting him. But no, he just walks. He goes through all the trouble of fabricated the cousin story, and decides not to bother? give me a break!

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2011, 10:00:16 PM »
You have a valid point
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

NateSean

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 06:24:18 AM »
Come to think of it, it's not the first time Visser Three had an opportunity to infest one of the team.

His determination to be the only Andalite Controller at the time may have cost him a valuable opportunity to slip a Yeerk into Ax's head when the Veleek had captured him.

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2011, 10:31:46 AM »
how about not ever reading all the books that were published about him and his adversaries. He might have figured out they were human a lot faster if he just picked up an animorphs book.

Never thought about this. Wow, you're right. The books were being written as if it's currently happening (can't tell you our real names, your friends/family could be controllers, you could be next, etc), so it's implied that in Animorphs universe these books ARE being published, (although they never mentioned getting royalties :P) but yeah, so true.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2015, 01:40:56 PM »
I think in The Predator when he caught the "Andalite Bandits" and had them imprisoned and he didn't kill them right away, and then he trusted his guards to be competent enough to well, guard them and not botch the job.

He should have listended to that old human saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

Also not putting cameras in the room where he put the Andalite bandits, and cameras in the hallway outside.

Ditto for when he captured Ax and Marco during MM1.

Offline gunterforpresident

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2015, 09:41:33 PM »
So, the Mertil and Gafinilan thing?

Where to begin.

Andalite logic is used to explain why neither one would make a decent enough host.

One would argue maybe V3 has to contend with his host's likely ableism and that might color his own opinion and rationale, but ugh... UGH... Why can't the book just be clear on the point that V3 wants TO KILL both of these dudes because he wants to remain the only Andalite controller? I hate that this is never outright discussed in the series, and that certain books seem to confirm that this is the case (if only because the decisions V3 makes in those narratives tend to be so inexplicably dumb outside of that consideration), while others flat out work against it (side-eye at Taylor).

I wanted so badly for this possible internal conflict to be a revisited thing. We have Eva/V1's loyalties picked apart and her situational investment is laid bare as a primary motivating factor for her character's actions. I've always wanted to consider a V3 who tows the party line when convenient, but would actually rue the day that the Yeerks directly engage the Andalite homeworld because he feels he's the only slug around deserving of an Andalite host. I mean, there's so much rumination from nearly every character's perspective who comes into contact with V3 that the mere fact of his Andalite host body makes him unique and powerful compared to pretty much every other Yeerk... Other than that, he's just sadistic and crabby. Not too special.

But yeah... giving up on the tactical advantage of possible military secrets re: Mertil and Gafinilan... SO DUMB, V3. SO DUMB! You could have dumped a trusted lieutenant into Mertil's brain, allowed dude to be rescued, and then known everything you would have needed to know about the resistance on Earth to just bang this invasion out. FAIL!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2015, 06:19:37 AM »
Blasting his thoughts out for anyone to hear!