Author Topic: #42-questions  (Read 2687 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
#42-questions
« on: August 04, 2008, 08:46:57 PM »
in #42 they go inside marco. When they were in the stomach, they were in bat morph, and plus there were dracon beams to give light. Once they get into the bloodstream, shouldn't it be too dark to see anything? the helmacrons don't fire until they get to the heart, they were in shark morph so they don't have echolocation, and I can't imagine there being light in the blood vessel.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: #42-questions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »
Hah! I thought that you were asking about 42: the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Okay, Morfowt, this is what you'd call a KASU. K.A. ___ Up.
Only blood vessels VERY close to the skin's surface (wrists, ankles, throat) would have even a little light inside them.

Still, sharks don't really NEED to see. They can literally FEEL the electric impulses of nearby life-forms.

Wait...then again...forget the idea that Marco'd be so electric as to confuse them. Marco himself would be too massive an electrical source to pose ANY problem; he'd be like a Van de graaff generator, too large and spread-out to make much an impact on the tiny sharks. High current is pointless with low voltage, and vice-versa.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »
I consider this entire book a bit of a KASU. I think she just felt really Magic School Bus-ey or something that month.....

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline wotw2112

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »
I think she just felt really Magic School Bus-ey or something that month.....

Lol  I actually remember that episode of the Magic Schoolbus!  God that was a long time ago...
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 09:27:08 PM »
Yeah I thought it was a KASU. I didn't say sharks need to see, but Rachel and the others said they saw things in the blood vessel so...

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 10:44:28 PM »
Yes, Rachel said she saw something that later turned out to be a rabies virus.

I used to watch Magic School Bus. They were always going inside stuff in that series.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 11:20:03 PM »
they once went inside the digestive system, and another time through a blood stream to a muscle in the leg, and another time through a blood stream to learn about germs and stuff...although I kinda like magic school bus. especially the time when they baked a cake.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 11:21:21 PM »
So you were asking how could the Animorphs have seen in the bloodstream? That wasn't very clear in your post.

Anyway, it's fiction. Who knows how they were able to see. Lights from the Helmacron ship? That electromagnetic perception thing? Maybe some light glow generated by all that natural electricity.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:39:32 PM »
in #42 they go inside marco. When they were in the stomach, they were in bat morph, and plus there were dracon beams to give light. Once they get into the bloodstream, shouldn't it be too dark to see anything? the helmacrons don't fire until they get to the heart, they were in shark morph so they don't have echolocation, and I can't imagine there being light in the blood vessel.
that wasn't clear enough?

the helmacron ship didn't go inside marco. only the helmacrons.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 11:49:16 PM »
No it wasn't clear since your train of thought was all over the place!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:57:37 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 12:06:02 AM »
how was it all over the place? the first part, I was saying there was a reason they could see in the stomach (after all it'd be dark in the stomach as well). the second part is the question. the third part was me disproving any reasons I could think of...so how is it all over the place?