Author Topic: Our Top Five  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Our Top Five
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
Sometimes the animorphs have derp days.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline XtheoniongirlX

• Queen of Smut
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
3) Top Five Favourite Animorphs Characters (in order of importance)

- Marco (as much as I love Jake, I believe Marco might've actually been the better leader in the long run if Jake wasn't so good at managing tempers because in the final arc, ruthlessness is exactly what they needed and Jake had to go through losing his family to get there, while Marco had that quality inherently. Aside from that, he was just a surprisingly deep character and in my opinion had the largest amount of quotes in the widest spectrum; hilarious, depressing, heartwarming, awesome.)

- Aftran 942 (Aftran, Aftran, Aftran... I told myself I only found her to be a compelling character, but I finally knew I loved her when I was distraught about her exit despite her getting a happy ending. Ugh. I always wished one of Cassie's subsequent books would open with her asking advice from whale!Affy as dolphin!Cassie, and I remember secretly hoping in the midpoint of #54 when Cassie and Marco tackled Jake into the ocean that all 3 of them would meet up with / have a chat with her... ridiculous, I know.)

- Ax (I normally don't think much of the alien co-leads in sci-fi series, but Ax is just so well-written that I quickly developed a soft spot for him and eventually legitimately enjoyed his books. My heart just went out to him - he was an Andalite youth outside of his planet and away from his people. He dealt surprisingly well, and I've always felt the Animorphs were a little more dismissive of him than they should've been.)

- David (not that I actually enjoyed his character, but his trilogy had some of the most compelling scenes in the entire series and are some of the books I've re-read the most. His entire plan to take out the Animorphs was actually getting along quite smoothly for a while there, considering he was up against 6 opponents who had been morphing and in the game for about a year longer than him. He also had a very charged final conversation with Rachel in The Return, which is the only part worth reading in that book.)

- The Drode (sometimes, less is more, which is the case with him - I just love how succinctly he can summarize the individual Animorphs in the shortest and harshest words possible - he's just one of those villain cronies you love to hate.)

I don't really feel like covering the other sections. Some of them just repeat themselves with slight differences, and I doubt I have any interesting comments to add anyway.
The store was closed, but the salesman said he could wait if we hurry.
But we were delayed en route when a stingray in front of us killed a pedestrian.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »
Maybe there was something I missed...but why was Ax so bugged that the Visser morphed a Kafit bird?

I mean, Alloran had morphing power as part of the military, and it was stated that Andalites often morphed Kafit birds for fun...so...why the freak out?

I don't think you missed anything. There were lots of other people that got confused by that part.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 07:09:07 PM »
KA Applegate also has derp days
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Liberal Tobias

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 02:59:52 AM »
You guys are SO going to hate me.

1. Top Five Favorite Animorphs Books

* #44: The Unexpected (COME ON! KAA totally missed a major series-extending opportunity here by not having some Aussie kids see the Yeerks!)
    * #47: The Resistance (Trekkies FTW!)
    * #25: The Extreme (Page 75... PAGE 75!)
    * #4: The Message (Marco's rant about dreams is classic!)
    * #26: The Attack (The Kiss. 'Nuff said.)

2. Top Five Least Favorite Books

* #45 The Revelation
    * #54 The Beginning
    * #41 The Familiar
    * The Ellimist Chronicles
    * #48 The Return

3. Top Five Favorite Animorphs Characters

* Cassie
    * Toby Hamee
    * Marco
    * Erek
    * Aldrea

4. Top Five Least Favorite Characters

* David
    * Rachel
    * Crayak
    * Marco's dad (I blame him for the events of 45-54)
    * The Drode

5. Top Five Favorite Quotes
Skipping, since I can't think of anything...

6. Top Five Favorite Animorphs Aliens

* Chee
    * Leerans
    * Andalites
    * Hork-Bajir
    * Helmacrons

I feel like there was only so much to choose from...

7. Top Five Favorite Animorphs Missions/Battles

* #44 (the airplane thing)
    * #29 (Cassie's only solo mission that was planned)
    * #34 (the entire book)
    * #24 (especially the part where Marco tries to hook up with Cassie
    * #27 (the battle on the Pemalite Ship)

8. Top Five Worst/Lamest Missions/Battles
Pretty much of the battles or missions from my top least favorite books.

9. Top Five Greatest Animorphs Covers

* #19: The Departure
 * #34: The Prophecy (#6 on my Favorite Books list)
 * #43: The Test
* #48: The Return (The cover is the only good thing about that book)
* Visser (Like with #48, it's the muscles that turned me on to the cover)

10. Top Five Worst/Lamest Animorphs Covers
 * #1: The Invasion
 * #54: The Beginning
 * #12: The Reaction
 * #28: The Experiment
 * Megamorphs #2

Yeah. I'm totally ga-ga for Cassie. DEAL WITH IT.