Author Topic: What if the Yeerks took over?  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
Re: What if the Yeerks took over?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »

Lol, I never thought of that! But it's probably true.

Though that's not to say the Yeerks won't steal some morphing cubes and reverse engineer the morphing technology. If that happens, we're ALL screwed, because their abilities as infiltrators will greatly increase.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
Jeez. There's a thought.

If the Yeerks won the war on Earth and the Andalites didn't blow up the planet, then Earth would only be a shade of what it is now.

The Yeerks would definitely wipe out what they don't need, so they get space for their own expansion.
I can see them wiping out many of the crisis-hit 3rd-World nations, where a large number of humans are either defficient, infected (eg: AIDS, cancer). And, I suspect, a lot of the humans in the 3rd age wouldn't be spared either.
They would follow strict guidances in human diet and reproduction.
I would imagine things like fashion (clothing, hairstyle) and surpassed human media/tech (tv, internet) would be cut. Humans would be walking around with short-trimmed cut hairs and buildings such as malls, stadiums, government buildings would be destroyed, if they couldn't find any otherwise use for it.
I am unsure if the Yeerks would remove or leave important/popular landmarks such as an Eiffel tower or a Pyramid of Giza standing unkept. But I can certainly see the Yeerks using it as some sort of target practice between themselves, much like they did with the useless-as-hosts Arn.

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
I think the Yeerks would've kept T.V. and other media, just censored it a lot. You know, fill it with pro-empire propaganda, and have channels like the local public access ones we have around here. They're filled with important community and statewide events, notices, laws and information.(eg: scheduled yeerk pool times, where to go if you need help with a rebellious host, a reminder that all maple and ginger instant oatmeal is contraband and highly illegal).

They might keep stadiums too, maybe shape them into gladiator arenas to make examples of escaped or unruly hosts, or Yeerks who messed up.

Maybe they would keep some government buildings, set up a puppet government run by the Yeerks, like Vichy France during WWII.(but you know some of the Yeerks have hosts who have seen the film Independence Day(no more White House).

I can't see them leaving big targets like the Eiffel tower, the nose of the Sphinx, or any other landmarks unscathed though.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Baranth

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »
I think the Yeerks would've kept T.V. and other media, just censored it a lot. You know, fill it with pro-empire propaganda, and have channels like the local public access ones we have around here. They're filled with important community and statewide events, notices, laws and information.(eg: scheduled yeerk pool times, where to go if you need help with a rebellious host, a reminder that all maple and ginger instant oatmeal is contraband and highly illegal).

They might keep stadiums too, maybe shape them into gladiator arenas to make examples of escaped or unruly hosts, or Yeerks who messed up.

Maybe they would keep some government buildings, set up a puppet government run by the Yeerks, like Vichy France during WWII.(but you know some of the Yeerks have hosts who have seen the film Independence Day(no more White House).

I can't see them leaving big targets like the Eiffel tower, the nose of the Sphinx, or any other landmarks unscathed though.

I totally see them blasting Lady Liberty into atoms, maybe the same with Big Ben and the Kremlin. The Taj Mahal still stands, but as a headquarters for the Yeerks in India. The Sydney Opera House is totally perverted, turned into a giant viewing area for executions, the same with the (ironically rebuilt) Roman Colosseum. Vatican City still holds the Pope, oddly enough, as the Yeerks see religion as a way to control humanity. Mount Rushmore gets brain surgery and is turned into a holding chamber for prisoners. Alcatraz is re-opened for the same purpose. NORAD... I have no idea. Cheyenne Mountain is massive. Massive enough to be used as a giant Yeerk pool or the biggest prison on the planet.
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

NateSean

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »
Do you think they would go ahead and try to turn the moon into a Kandrona? Or going with their North Pole plan?

Offline Baranth

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »
Do you think they would go ahead and try to turn the moon into a Kandrona? Or going with their North Pole plan?

They'd probably do the Moon plan to make sure Earth was permanently conquered, since sentient life doesn't exist on Earth without the Moon to stabilize it's tilt.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 04:51:17 PM »
We know that when the Yeerks escaped their homeworld, they took a quarter of a million of their kind with them. A large number sure, but probably not a huge fraction of their entire species. I always assumed that including their homeworld, they had a population in the hundreds of millions, which would be enough to give them all a host even without taking all 6 billion of us.

As somebody already said, they would eliminate any hosts they saw as useless. With billions of hosts available, they can afford to be picky. We know they don't see the use in disabled hosts, so anyone with a disability would go, along with any debilitating or highly infectious diseases (especially genetic ones). Once a host reaches an age where they they are no longer useful, they'd probably go too.

I suspect they would keep some of our media (TV, internet) but use it for their own purposes. Buildings related to education, religion or entertainment would be destroyed or converted into space for accommodation, storage, research, spaceports, etc.

If they took Earth, they would've been able to beat the Andalites through sheer numbers, but the Andalites certainly wouldn't go down without a fight. Eventually the Andalite homeworld would be overrun and their major colonies (assuming they have any) would either be destroyed by the Yeerks or abandoned by their inhabitants. Small colonies would most likely survive, hiding from the Yeerks on small moons or planets. Maybe they would become space nomads, spending their whole lives aboard their ships, on the run from the Yeerks.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 09:32:18 PM »
The Yeerks are scrupulous when they can't be somewhat simple in their plans but always cold and methodical with their designs. Their Empire's sole purpose was to spread throughout the universe, adopting what was convenient from their enslaved species and using it to strengthen their own, so they can continue to spread.

Anything less than that on Earth, would have been 'living as a human', and it simply isn't the way they run things.
The reason I said things like the human media would have been removed, is because the Yeerks already have the technology that surpasses all those things. I am not even sure suburbian houses would have been kept. Indeed, I can see them building cities with high-as skyscrapers that are triple the size of the human's tallest one. Accomodating Controllers sort of like the walls in a hive of bees. This would be more practival in a Yeerk-owned Earth and they certainly have the tech to do it.
Not even hospitals, heck, they've got their own equivalents.

And the human-made landmarks wouldn't be used, unless they could make some political statement against the human civilization (like Baranth stated above), to put themselves up or bring the 'human spirit' down within the individual hosts. Keeping in mind that a landmark in America would mean nothing to a landmark in Botswana. If they weren't destroyed, they would have been left to nature. The city of Petra, Macchu Picchu, Uluru would just be irrelevant rocks on the Earth's surface and the Parthenon, Great Wall and Stonehenge would just be derilict human constructs, IF the Yeerks didn't feel like testing their Dracon cannons.

And, though I think the Yeerks seek some sort of entertainment, they are also some highly-advanced species with other concepts of entertainment. So, I don't think we would see the Yeerks sporting any sort of world cup or playing uno when they were stuck indoors in the winter cold places, just because they would need to clamp down on their human hosts' esteem. They wouldn't really need to tame their hosts, even if they're voluntary ones at this stage.

The only thing that would save some of the animal species of Earth is if they could use them on other planets they intend to invade. Much like Visser Three used his Veleek on the Anis, or Visser One with the tiger sharks in the Leera campaign. The Yeerks could win over the Andalites by sheer numbers, indeed, but I suspect, with the strong possibility of Visser Three would being in the reigns, following his success on Earth, he would have thrown in mind-controlled Earth predators let loose on the Andalites for some of his sick distraction. A crockie in their waters, a golden eagle in their air, a funnel-web spider in their scoops all would provide decent psychological damage.

The North Pole Kandrona idea revolved around the Infiltration factor, me thinks. With that gone, I don't really see why the Yeerks would do their artificial sources of food any differently than in their other enslaved-planets.

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
We shouldn't forget if a Yeerk takes over they take not only our resources, land and people but also our unique way of thinking. In a sense the more highly intelligent sentient species a singular Yeerk takes (assuming the Yeerk is a good learner) the more adaptable and potentially dangerous they could be. It hasn't been mentioned much because the general propaganda is that Yeerks are the superior race blah blah so those they inhabit are beneath them (Parasitic not Symbiotic) but being able to learn to think in a different way could mean the Yeerks potentially have the greatest potential for whatever they want to achieve.

It's in my estimation, greater numbers doesn't mean just greater military power. You have an infinite number of monkeys, infinite amount of time and eventually one of them will recreate the entire works of Shakespeare. WW2 wasn't ended by just sheer numbers. Of course most of the futures depicted by Applegate show the Yeerks remaining steadfast in their conquering and suppressing ways so everyone assumes the Yeerks never learn (without higher level interference eg Ellimist/Crayak or other).
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Baranth

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »
We shouldn't forget if a Yeerk takes over they take not only our resources, land and people but also our unique way of thinking. In a sense the more highly intelligent sentient species a singular Yeerk takes (assuming the Yeerk is a good learner) the more adaptable and potentially dangerous they could be. It hasn't been mentioned much because the general propaganda is that Yeerks are the superior race blah blah so those they inhabit are beneath them (Parasitic not Symbiotic) but being able to learn to think in a different way could mean the Yeerks potentially have the greatest potential for whatever they want to achieve.

It's in my estimation, greater numbers doesn't mean just greater military power. You have an infinite number of monkeys, infinite amount of time and eventually one of them will recreate the entire works of Shakespeare. WW2 wasn't ended by just sheer numbers. Of course most of the futures depicted by Applegate show the Yeerks remaining steadfast in their conquering and suppressing ways so everyone assumes the Yeerks never learn (without higher level interference eg Ellimist/Crayak or other).

In an alternate universe where FDR didn't die on Apr. 12, 1945, WW2 WAS ended by sheer numbers instead of nuclear weapons, as FDR advocated an invasion of Japan, and Truman preferred The Bomb.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2015, 12:10:23 AM »
I imagine Yeerks aren't too eager to mate, given that it is a death sentence, but I'm sure that the empire could find enough willing Yeerks if necessary to create plenty of Yeerks for all of earth and then some.

So interesting that you should bring that up. ;)

The Yeerk mindset is that even if they day, someone else will continue their work. And while Yeerks seem like the kind of creatures that enjoy living life to the fullest, they don't live forever. It's my theory that when they are close to the end of their natural life cycle they seek others who are also dying to begin the process.

Doesn't Cassie comment on this in #19? Or is that Jake in #6?

Now, about this "future" in #41... The Ellimist states in #26 that eventually, the Yeerks meet the Iskoort and figure out that symbiotic life is better than taking hosts involuntarily. I believe that this may have already happened in #41 due to the existence of the Evolutionist Front. The question then becomes "How are the Animorphs still alive?" when the meeting is supposed to be 300 years in the future of #26?

Cassie and her Yeerk were members of the Evolutionist Front.  I assume that the EF got the idea of artificial symbiotic hosts from Cassie!