Author Topic: What if the Yeerks took over?  (Read 5128 times)

Offline Baranth

Re: What if the Yeerks took over?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »
The Iskoort aren't present in #41, therefore the events in #26 are far, far ahead of #41. 

I don't think that The Ellimist meant that Yeerks would be living with the Iskoort at that point. I think that he meant they'd see a better way of things, and that's what I think the Evolutionist Front represents.
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 10:35:32 PM »
I think we are neglecting to consider the intricacies of time here. The events of #26 allowed for a POSSIBLE future in which the Yeerks would meet the Iskoort down the road. The Ellimist himself says several times that the future is constantly in a state of flux. There is a lot that can happen in 300 years, and the Animorphs only stopped one of the many possible events that could have prevented the meeting.

#41 is a dream, and I do not think it is unreasonable to assume that the Evolutionist Front was a device that was created out of Jake's prior knowledge pertaining to the Iskoort world. He (or whoever) took the idea of symbiosis and warped it to fit the dream. Hence, no Iskoort.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Baranth

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »
I always wondered what happened to the voice at the end of that book... Was that Crayak, the Drode, The One or someone that KAA never alluded to?

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
I always wondered what happened to the voice at the end of that book... Was that Crayak, the Drode, The One or someone that KAA never alluded to?
Most of that book was Confusing to me , but that was the icing on the cake bennyboy, especially since it is stated that it wasn't the ellimist or crayak

and I always figured the evolutionist front eventually became the revolution that turned the yeerks into iskoort.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Baranth

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 11:10:34 PM »
I can actually understand the book quite well.

It's The Ellimist Chronicles that confuses me.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 07:01:38 AM »
Well, if there are any individual books that you guys want to discuss in detail there's an entire child board for the book re-reads. There's a topic for each book, so you can post in there.

So, about the Yeerks winning....how do you think Yeerks would go about reshaping human society? Phoenix brought up a good point (I think it was in another thread though), there's nothing that says they need all of us. Do you think they'd take what they needed and wipe the rest of us out?

Also, I'm pretty sure the possible view of the future we get in #7 is not entirely accurate. I know the Yeerks are made out to be world killers, but they don't seem like the type to just go around blasting up the terrain for the sake of killing all life everywhere. It just seems like too much unnecessary work. I feel like perhaps instead they would just change the parts of the Earth they needed to utilize and let the rest go untamed. We see examples of this in both TAC on the Taxxon world and in HBC.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Baranth

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
Well, if there are any individual books that you guys want to discuss in detail there's an entire child board for the book re-reads. There's a topic for each book, so you can post in there.

So, about the Yeerks winning....how do you think Yeerks would go about reshaping human society? Phoenix brought up a good point (I think it was in another thread though), there's nothing that says they need all of us. Do you think they'd take what they needed and wipe the rest of us out?

Also, I'm pretty sure the possible view of the future we get in #7 is not entirely accurate. I know the Yeerks are made out to be world killers, but they don't seem like the type to just go around blasting up the terrain for the sake of killing all life everywhere. It just seems like too much unnecessary work. I feel like perhaps instead they would just change the parts of the Earth they needed to utilize and let the rest go untamed. We see examples of this in both TAC on the Taxxon world and in HBC.

The question is, how would they react to our resource depletion?

NateSean

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »

So, about the Yeerks winning....how do you think Yeerks would go about reshaping human society?

Out goes the oatmeal for starters.

And it seems that there are some aspects of human culture that the Yeerks didn't find entirely distasteful. They adapted the concept of a single place to eat and commune in their Yeerk Pool for example. The idea of a "dining room" seems largely human in the Animorphs universe so it's not a stretch to believe the Yeerks have adopted the idea and won't kick it out of bed anytime soon.

And Visser Three collects midevil torture devices like movie posters, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started breaking out iron maidens, the boot and the pear to add to their all ready considerably large arsenal of torture methods.

Also, I'm pretty sure the possible view of the future we get in #7 is not entirely accurate.

Mostly agree here. I think the major cities will be spared and smaller neighborhoods will either be ploughed over or replaced by spaceports and pools. I think botanical gardens and places where the Yeerk can take their host to calm it down would be preserved.

Now here's an even more interesting question. If the Yeerks take Earth, then there's no doubt in my mind that the Andalite homeworld may as well have the word NEXT painted all over it. How long after the conquest of Earth do you think it will take before the Andalite world becomes a Yeerk controlled planet?

Offline Baranth

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »

So, about the Yeerks winning....how do you think Yeerks would go about reshaping human society?

Out goes the oatmeal for starters.

And it seems that there are some aspects of human culture that the Yeerks didn't find entirely distasteful. They adapted the concept of a single place to eat and commune in their Yeerk Pool for example. The idea of a "dining room" seems largely human in the Animorphs universe so it's not a stretch to believe the Yeerks have adopted the idea and won't kick it out of bed anytime soon.

And Visser Three collects midevil torture devices like movie posters, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started breaking out iron maidens, the boot and the pear to add to their all ready considerably large arsenal of torture methods.

Also, I'm pretty sure the possible view of the future we get in #7 is not entirely accurate.

Mostly agree here. I think the major cities will be spared and smaller neighborhoods will either be ploughed over or replaced by spaceports and pools. I think botanical gardens and places where the Yeerk can take their host to calm it down would be preserved.

Now here's an even more interesting question. If the Yeerks take Earth, then there's no doubt in my mind that the Andalite homeworld may as well have the word NEXT painted all over it. How long after the conquest of Earth do you think it will take before the Andalite world becomes a Yeerk controlled planet?

As little as 3 weeks if they use the Terran idea of decimating their bio-sphere with fossil fuels.  :P

Even shorter if they have hunters go nuts thinking the Andalites are nothing but alien deer.

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
I wonder if it'd be like our Aftermath RP...(Anyone here from it?)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »
I don't know. It depends on how they conquer humans. Let's say, for example, that some of Visser Three's plans DO succeed just one time, that he does succeed in doing something big like infesting patients in a hospital or infesting several world leaders, etc, and the invasion speeds up dramatically. I think they'll import more humans to do more laborious things, like help build ships and weapons. And as Earth gets more under Yeerk control, they'll probably be building in the open, using some of Earth's own resources and our own stockpiles to build even more ships and weapons. I estimate that late in the series, before the end of the war there were maybe a few hundred thousand or million Controllers. Visser Three was indeed a glory-seeking idiot to think open war would work when infiltration is the way to go.

Anyway, with so many ship-building and weapon-building going on, the Yeerks would probably attack the Andalite home world or other key places in about, or, a few weeks or months.

Offline Baranth

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »
I don't know. It depends on how they conquer humans. Let's say, for example, that some of Visser Three's plans DO succeed just one time, that he does succeed in doing something big like infesting patients in a hospital or infesting several world leaders, etc, and the invasion speeds up dramatically. I think they'll import more humans to do more laborious things, like help build ships and weapons. And as Earth gets more under Yeerk control, they'll probably be building in the open, using some of Earth's own resources and our own stockpiles to build even more ships and weapons. I estimate that late in the series, before the end of the war there were maybe a few hundred thousand or million Controllers. Visser Three was indeed a glory-seeking idiot to think open war would work when infiltration is the way to go.

Anyway, with so many ship-building and weapon-building going on, the Yeerks would probably attack the Andalite home world or other key places in about, or, a few weeks or months.

They don't need to openly attack the Andalites like that. All they need is to send human hunters and tell them that Andalite meat is the same as venison.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »

They don't need to openly attack the Andalites like that. All they need is to send human hunters and tell them that Andalite meat is the same as venison.
::)

I would say not long at all... Many times through the series it is stated that if the yeerks get the humans then that pretty much means war over.

On the other side of the coin, however, the Andalites are still the most powerful race in the galaxy and might be hard to take down. There whole culture is built around never surrendering and they do hate the yeerks very fiercely. Even if they did manage to gain control of the andalite homeworld, I have a feeling that the andalites would make terrific guriella fighters.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:56:24 PM by Unknown Steph »
Meh.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 07:03:20 PM »

Especially with that pesky morphing technology. It would also take a while to destroy every single Andalite spaceship out there. Like, hundreds. Maybe thousands.

NateSean

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »
Well, you also have to remember that the Yeerks may have been making progress on the Andalite homeworld, or so Alloran seemed to hint at when he was temporarily free of Visser Three.

Of course, since the Andalites seem to favor the tactical nuke approach, they would probably engage in mass ritualistic suicide the moment it appeared that the Yeerks were winning.