Author Topic: How did Visser One know Marco's phone number?  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
How did Visser One know Marco's phone number?
« on: February 07, 2011, 05:27:18 PM »
I mean aside from the fact that she lived there; it's possible it could have been changed over the years. Or am I wrong? How often do people out there change their phone numbers? Or did Marco's dad leave it unchanged in honor of Eva's memory or something like that?

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
Re: How did Visser One know Marco's phone number?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »
Oh, this question has plagued me for years.

I think you can definitively say that Marco and Peter weren't living in the same house they lived in when Eva 'died'. After all, in #10 (the last time Marco mentions moving), he mentions that they're in a house 'like' what they used to live in, rather than the cruddy apartments they'd been in before. So the number was undoubtedly changed.

The only explanation I can come up with is that V1 figured she might need it and looked it up between #30 and the trial. We don't know everything that happened between those two points or how long a time period that was, but it was at least several weeks, so...maybe? I really can't think of another answer.

Offline dolphin4077

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
I agree with the "she looked it up at some point explanation."  Between 30-35 seems likely, but she might have done it earlier like around 15 as either a way to torment Eva or satisfy her own curiosity about what happened to her host's family. 

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »
I never thought about it, but Marco and Peter definitely moved. Though it is quite possible V1 would want to know where Marco lived after finding out he was one of the bandits. It's not that big of a plothole if you think about it.

Ani-Master 2014!

NateSean

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »
My best friend had the same number for ten years. When he moved out and his father moved in with his new wife, his father kept the same phone number. I was able to get ahold of him a few years ago by using the same numnber I had called him at when we were kids.

Offline sublime88stang

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 11:03:44 PM »
My grandmother's had the same phone number for must be going on 50 years now and she's moved from one city to a neighboring town. So i don't see how them keeping the same phone number is that far fetched.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 06:25:23 PM »
Though it is quite possible V1 would want to know where Marco lived after finding out he was one of the bandits. It's not that big of a plothole if you think about it.

I always found it incredibly ironic that the big bad yeerk leader knew the Andalite Bandits weren't exactly Andalites, knew one of them was her host's son, and yet the Yeerks never caught wind of this until AFTER she died :P
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
     It's like in Harry Potter, when Harry goes on and on about Voldemort coming back, and nobody believes him until the end of the Order of the Phoenix. Or like in the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, when Fudge says, "Oh...Yea, Sirius Black was innocent after all...We found out AFTER he died..."
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 12:05:04 AM »
Though it is quite possible V1 would want to know where Marco lived after finding out he was one of the bandits. It's not that big of a plothole if you think about it.

I always found it incredibly ironic that the big bad yeerk leader knew the Andalite Bandits weren't exactly Andalites, knew one of them was her host's son, and yet the Yeerks never caught wind of this until AFTER she died :P

I assume that V1 kept her mouth zipped about the Animorphs because she hated V3.