Author Topic: GESB: History Book  (Read 22228 times)

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
  • I love aliens too much...
Re: GESB: History Book
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2017, 09:16:17 AM »
Hope this is suitable, any feedback would be appreciated!  This is about Forlin.  :)

My name is Collin.  At least, that is the name I chose for myself.

I did not know who or what I was.  I still don't fully know who I am...and what is negligible.  I crashed on Earth in the 90s.  At least, I think it was around that time.  I was in bad shape, and so was my ship.  I recovered some things from it -- a picture of what must have been my family, a datapad, and a sort of ray gun.  I had a bandolier of sorts that I could keep them safe in for now.

I fled the sight of my ship.  I don't know why, I was just filled with some sort of...dread.  I ran, and ran, until I collapsed, exhausted, in the forest.

I lived in the forest for a while, feeding off the strange, alien grass.  It took a while for my body to get used to it.  And when I was feeling better, I started to search more.  I came to a strip of black material.  It did not taste good.  And wheeled vehicles came hurtling across it.  I hid when I saw them.

I did not know how I managed to happen upon the human habitation.  There was another strip for driving vehicles across, but it was thinner and surrounded by trees, hidden.  I had tentatively approached the building, eating the grass as I approached.  I hid in the forest, and watched the people living in the building.  I listened to them enough that, somehow, I could eventually understand them, and make contact.

His name was Christopher.  He was a Junior, which I learned was a rank in his schooling.  'High school', he called it.  He seemed very accepting of me (or as he called it, 'totally chill with the telepathic blue alien centaur', though he said that his parents probably wouldn't be, so much.  He even let me 'change' into him.  It was a strange experience, but not unenjoyable.  He taught me how to dress my body in clothing, and speak with a mouth.  He got kind of worried when I began to eat everything in what he called a refrigerator, however...

I helped him with his chores and his homework.  I had a mind for the academics, it seemed, and I sometimes overdid it with his mathematics homework...his mathematics teacher had been shocked at his work.  I helped him where I could, and he taught me human things and gave me different foods to sample.  I passed for a Chris quite well, as long as they didn't see the two of us together.  Chris didn't have a twin.

Eventually, I was discovered.  They found the two of us, me in my Chris morph.  His parents weren't exactly happy, but they weren't about to throw me onto the street, either.  They eventually came to accept me as part of the family, even helping me to get a unique human morph and an identity.  I made a lot of human friends.  I enjoyed spending time with them.  As long as I wasn't at an all-you-can-eat buffet, too, I passed pretty well for a human.

Chris graduated a long time ago.  Eventually, he moved to California.  He'd gotten a job offer there.  I joined him, and eventually applied for university in the area.

University was quite an experience.  I was good with my academics, but sometimes, people would get to me.  I never really completed it due to constantly flip-flopping with my degree, but I intended to go back when I got a chance.  It would give me a better opportunity of getting a job.

Meanwhile, I'd noticed a lot of strange things going on.  There were reports of wild animal attacks, and various disappearances.  I had acquired some birds before -- a vulture and an owl.  I used these morphs to scope out the city.

And that was how I found out about the Yeerks.

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 08:09:44 AM »
A little backstory for Luke, my character in GESB. AU by deliberate design.
The Yeerks had won, where I come from. Not just on Earth, but the entire region of the galaxy. The Andalites had left Earth for dead... and I can't really blame them. After all, humans were pretty self destructive before the Yeerks.

There were holdouts. Scientists and their military protection, hastily reorganized from their pre-war loyalties and nationalities. Whether the remnants were more level headed or lucky is up for debate.

As a Marine, I was assigned to secure one of the few starships captured or retrofitted from alien technology and existing human vessels. We were running scared and everyone knew it. Desperate times and measures go together.

Some scientist and officer got the bright idea of traveling back in time, attempting to warn the others. If it had been normal circumstances, my vehement protests might've had me drummed out for insubordination. Instead, since I seemed to have a grasp on the potential consequences, in addition to being fairly knowledgeable and completely expendable, the geniuses in command chose me to pilot this experimental drive, throwing me right into a star to use its immense power to break space and time.

I knew it wouldn't work right. I figured I was done for. Now I'm stranded on some random world with nothing to my name. I'm still trying to decide whether it's good or bad luck that I survived.

One thing's for sure. I'm not laying down. This might not be my universe, but my principles never change.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »
Here's a link to Morgan's interview from a few years ago. Since this interview: Morgan's wife Andromeda has passed away, and he is unaware of the location of his daughter. He's given up being a pirate and got a job as head of security on a space station. Morgan also learned that he's always been a minotaur, and the memories of being a human that was experimented on are implanted false memories. He's currently traveling with Julian (minotaur-like but horse instead of bull). Julian is a prize winning, champion sword fighter and has been a friend of Morgan's since they were kids. Considers himself a ladies man.

http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=8356.msg651484#msg651484

Offline Sonji-Radumar-Hushai

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2019, 12:42:09 AM »
(( I had.... HAD.... to put in my two cents.  Even though that's all I managed to contribute to the GESB as a whole... I never forgot about you guys.  And Sonji is alive and well to this day, living out his days helping raise chocobo with his human companion, an ice mage by the name of Anna.  So!  Let's do a little deep dive in to Sonji's back story, and where he was back in.... key-rhist.... what was it Myitt... 97?  98? ))

Sonji-Radumar-Hushai hadn't had the easiest time of his military training at Academy.  He was too curious, they said.  Too eager.  Unpredictable when he needed to be predictable and predictable when he needed to be random.  He had the mind of an artist and the curiosity of a scientist.  That was until the loss of the Dome Ship "The Elfangor" that Sonji had even begun taking his enlistment seriously.

The Elfangor had it's place in history.  Their history.  It was a sign of honor, of power, and of intelligence.  Something every young Andalite wished to be a part of and something those who were alive before it's inauguration could remember as a momentous rememberance to one of their heroes.  Whispers were abound, of course, about it's namesake and what certain schools of thought deemed worthy to judge of the War Prince's decisions, but Sonji was one of the ones who had looked up to that persona for most of his life.  Once the dome ship had been destroyed, and a new war waged against them with the aid of these... Saiya-jins... the science officer decided to take his role in Andalite society a little more seriously.

He set to study.  Not the books, he'd already read them.  He immersed himself in combat.  Where he had been agile and quick before, he started becoming acurate and strong.  He signed up for missions on the front lines of the war.  Not in the least because he wanted to get his hands on as much 'data' as possible but he wanted to put his skills to the test against things that weren't simulations or instructors who were told to hold back.  He didn't develop a bloodlust.. but an insatiable need to understand the physical aspects of combat.  Timing, distance, tempo, how to tell when his opponent was getting weaker or stronger due to his attacks.  By the time he had reclassified his military service from Science and Xenobiology to Infantry and Special Operations, Sonji-Radumar-Hushai had managed to make a name for himself on his Dome Ship, "Excelsior" (( R.I.P. Stan Lee )) and began his new operation schedule in the distant fringe sector of the 'Outer Rim' where there was reported Saiya-jin activity.

Perhaps it was a solar flare, or cosmic winds, or something with the Z-space dampeners.  But where he arrived was not where he believed he should have been. 

It was like a dome ship.  Only... just the top of it.  A massive platform of what looked to be an amalgamation of nature and technology, a large structure in the distance being the only real above ground, visible building around.  There was a massive lake.. some would call a sea, but he figured it fit more in the lake category since the place was obviously made by some intelligent species or another.  To the south there was the large field and hills for what looked like miles, and woods to the west that seemed dense enough to support some forms of life but his sensors couldn't pick up anything.  The place may as well have been deserted according to his instruments.  The building took particular note because it had landing platforms around it.  Five, conservatively, though if people just parked wherever then there was no telling how many ships could touch down at the same time.  The building itself had three floors, from what it looked like outside.  The building was partly overgrown, but the places the vines climbed up the walls were on trellises that could be seen in between a leaf here and there.  What "wear" or time lapse the building may have had in use was engineered.  Being a creature of beauty he could acknowledge that.  Being an Andalite, it made him doubt that the place was nearly as deserted as it was being made to look.

The very first time the would be "Prince" Sonji made his way in to the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar... there was a fight.  A particularly nasty knock-down, drag-out brawl with a very obstinate Saiya-jin who had gotten himself infected with a slug.  Without any combat form yet, Sonji was limited to using the speed of his tailblade and ability to fight forward or backwards to best his opponent, and absorb his DNA for use at a later time when he had the energy to test it out. 

After the initial confrontation, Sonji was a little less shy.  With the power of one of his new enemies at his disposal, he had but to unlock it's talents and not wind up getting stuck in that form for too long.  It was then Sonji started making allies.  Another Andalite, Nalasin-Unica-Carincu, would be one of his first associates.  She managed to counter his personality, and make him constantly watch how he behaved around the place.  Eventually, he took quite a liking to her. 

Myitt and a number of Jedi were his other associates.  They were serious and about their business.  He was remarkably less serious, but equally about business when it came to get something done.  It didn't make for the strongest of alliances but when there was little more to be done but practice, or drink, some combination of the misfits could usually be found hanging about.

After conflicts with one Sith Lord and a handful of Vissers, Sonji left the Space Bar in order to continue his hunt for the battlegrounds he had been sent to discover.  After months of training, picking up an entire catalogue of new tricks, and very nearly falling in love, the Andalite proceeded deeper in to the unknown space beyond.