Author Topic: Automorphs - a Top Gear/Animorphs!AU  (Read 3569 times)

Offline invisiblecake

Automorphs - a Top Gear/Animorphs!AU
« on: January 20, 2011, 05:47:04 PM »
It's not really Animorphs, just heavily insprired by it. Here is a link to the first 2 chapters on my Tumblr:

Chapter 1 - http://invisiblecake.tumblr.com/post/2808935511/fic-top-gear-animorphs-au-1

Chapter 2, part 1 - http://invisiblecake.tumblr.com/post/2808962037/fic-top-gear-animorphs-au-2

Part 2 of chapter 2 coming soon! And thanks to everyone who helped me out in the Animorphs section!

NateSean

Re: Automorphs - a Top Gear/Animorphs!AU
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
Not bad so far. I've never watched Top Gear, so for readers like me, you could use the morphing moments to describe the characters a bit more.

Is there going to be an over all plot and story to this?

Offline invisiblecake

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 01:16:50 AM »
I think so, I'm still kinda figuring it out as I go. I have some ideas for scenes later on, I just have to figure out how to string them together with a plot, and figure out who the main baddies are from the list of people I have.

The Stig's gonna explain what's going on in a few chapters. The next couple are basically the other characters trying to come to terms with what's going on.

Basically, I'm replacing Andalites with Stigs, and the boys decide they want to help out fighting the Yeerks by morphing cars and powersliding into controllers. It's crack-tastic!

I feel like the morphing bits I have so far are less in-character than the rest of it. Any specific suggestions?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 08:00:38 AM »
This fic could still go either way, but as I'm a fan of Top Gear I like that you've captured the voices of the characters well. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with next.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline invisiblecake

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »
I'm working on part 3 right now, but I apparently need a new beta-reader. There are some tense problems and grammar issues I guess. I dunno exactly what. Hopefully I'll have it up soon!

Offline Grace

• I'm a dog-owl-skunk-dolphin combo nothlit!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 04:15:23 AM »
...cars?!

Awesome! ^.^

However, cars don't have DNA. unless, this is stig technology and not andalite technology, therefore the DND rules don't apply.
I'm back, and better than ever! Also, I go by Ace now. Or Azure.