Author Topic: Sci-Fi Extravaganza Crossover RPG  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
Sci-Fi Extravaganza Crossover RPG
« on: July 31, 2008, 02:22:16 AM »
I was wondering how many people would be interested in doing an RPG set in the Animorphs universe but using main chars from other sci-fi serieses? Animorphs universe chars are welcome of course.

Rules.

1. No canon chars from Animorphs
2. No canon chars from other universes unless you REALLY know them well
3. No god characters (Makron, Q from Star Trek, Alien Queen, etc)
4. If they use weapons bring a maximum of TWO signature weapons
5. All chars will be teleported to the beginning of Book 1 by the Elimist so it starts from there (culture clashes welcome)

Format:

Name:
Sci-fi universe:
Signature weapons/features:

Bio:

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
Re: Sci-Fi Extravaganza Crossover RPG
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:41:34 AM »
I'll start

Name: Wraith
Universe: Crysis
Height: 6'2
Weight: 240 lbs with nanosuit
Signature weapon: SCAR assault rifle

Wraith was suppossed to jump along with Prophet, Nomad, Psycho, and Aztac onto the Ling-Shan Islands to rescue the hostages. However he came down with the flu and could not make the infiltration. Still this special forces trained soldier is not one to mess with. His nanosuit is perfectly suited for whatever mission hes needed for.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »
I am not entirely sure what you want here, because first you say 'using main chars.', and then you say 'no canon characters'.

Which is it?
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:54:37 PM »
You can take another character from Sci-Fi (say Gordon Freeman) but only if you can play it well. ie you've played Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2 & all the episodes so you can play the character as developed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:56:30 PM by Marcion »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 03:03:05 PM »
Hmmmn. Classes will be starting soon, so I'll likely not be online as often, but I'll think about my character, and I'll let ye' know when I decide on one.

I LOVE SCI-FI!!!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 01:44:30 AM »
Tempting to join as a character from Heroes :D

that counts as sci-fi since it's on the sci-fi channel on foxtel
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
Gordon Freeman would be easy, he never talks! XD  I think I'll be him.  I've RPed him briefly before...x3

Name: Dr. Gordon Freeman
Sci-fi universe: Half-Life
Height: ~5'9"
Signature weapons/features: Gravity gun, crowbar, grey and orange HEV (Hazardous Environment) suit that incorporates an oxygen supply,  anti-toxin administrator, Geiger counter, communications array, long-jump module, morphine administrator, and a flashlight.

Bio:  (Mostly taken from Wikipedia, because I am lazy XD)
A native of Seattle, Gordon Freeman exhibited an early interest in theoretical physics, especially quantum mechanics and the theory of general relativity. His childhood heroes were Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking and Richard Feynman.  After observing a series of teleportation experiments conducted by the Institute for Experimental Physics in Innsbruck, Austria, the transmission of matter became Freeman's obsession. At the beginning of the events of Half-Life, Freeman has no known dependents, and is a graduate of MIT with a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics. He wears glasses, has an athletic, wiry build, and keeps a trim goatee. His doctoral thesis on the teleportation of matter through extremely dense elements was titled Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures by Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array.

Disappointed with the slow pace of teleportation research, he sought work outside the education sector. He accepted a visiting fellowship position at the Black Mesa Research Facility in May 200-, working on a top secret research project headed by his mentor at MIT, Dr. Isaac Kleiner.

There he sets off a chain of events that opens a portal into another dimension, sending creatures into our world intent on bringing it to chaos and destruction.

Eventually he defeats that threat, only to be sent into stasis for over twenty years, awakening in a dystopian society where similar alien entities seek to control Earth once more.  This world is policed by semi-human soldiers called the Combine, and their alien counterparts--tripodlike Striders, Hunters, Antlions...it's a big mess.  Thankfully a group of human rebels and scientists have been fighting the Combine, with the aid of former enemies and now allies the alien Vortigaunts. 

All Gordon can do is try to stop the spread of the chaotic rift between the worlds once more, crowbar in hand. 

It is at this point in his life that Dr. Freeman finds himself hurtled yet again through space and time, into an entirely different dimension, with entirely different aliens.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash