Author Topic: What kind of controller would you be?  (Read 6089 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: What kind of controller would you be?
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2011, 08:11:38 PM »
Im suprised the yeerks just didnt have pool parties. Have two yeerks crawl into one head. Dunk somebody, press ear against said dunkey, allow yeerk to crawl inside, dance. It's easy.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Doodlee-a

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »
I would convince the Yeerk that it can't pass off as me without instant maple oatmeal... I actually have that in my cupboard right now. And I don't let food go to waste!  >:D

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »
I would convince the Yeerk that it can't pass off as me without instant maple oatmeal... I actually have that in my cupboard right now. And I don't let food go to waste!  >:D

Hahahaha Lol +1 karma for being deliciously clever.

I would probably be (assuming I had a choice) a Leeran controller. Although reading mines might get annoying after a bit, the ability to hear other peoples thoughts could really help me dig up a ton of dirt for later use in my Military-political career.
Meh.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »

except that the Yeerk would know your plan due to the pesky little mind reading ability it has and realize NOT to do that
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Tim Bruening

Re: What kind of controller would you want to be?
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »
     Imagine that you're a Yeerk in the Animorphs universe. It doesn't really matter what rank you'd be, but sub-vissers and vissers tend to get a monopoly on class three and five hosts. But, if you were a Yeerk, and we lived in an Empire where any Yeerk could have his pick of host body, what host would you want?

We have a wide selection of Hork-Bajir, Taxxon, Human, Sstram, Mak, Nahara, Leeran, Gedd, Garatron and many more that I can't seem to remember at the moment.

Give me an Andalite!  Surely the Yeerks could arrange to knock one out for me!

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »
I would want to be a potato-controller.

taters gon tate
yeah

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2015, 01:30:18 PM »
I would want to be a potato-controller.

taters gon tate

How would you make a potato move?  Potatoes don't have legs or brains.

Offline gunterforpresident

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2015, 10:18:17 PM »
The right Yeerk would find me to be a very habitable host.

Let me explain: A Yeerk would pretty much know everything about me, and interact with me directly on the regular. Yes, I would be very distressed to find myself unwillingly colluding in the terrible and sometimes violent acts required in the expansion of the Yeerk empire, but... (Oh dear, I can't believe I just stuck a "but" at the end of that thought...)

Most days, between the horrible things, between the small but awful actions my body would take against my will to further a vast yet secret war of enslavement on all of my fellow humans, I think I would just find it reassuring to have an unlikely buddy up there, in the old noggin. I'm not a very decisive person. There would be moments when knowing someone else who is capable and focused has the reigns would be a great comfort to me.

But this is how most of these kinds of questions work for me. I usually assume I'd do the wimpy thing when faced with horrifying circumstance. Zombie apocalypse? Probably not Patient 0 or anything, but I'd be "converted" to Team Zombie pretty quickly, I imagine. I hold no illusions about saving the world. I have very few illusions regarding even living a "good life" (by my standards, which are high) as it is, possible horrible circumstance aside. That's part of the reason why I connected so much with Animorphs as a series; each of the main characters had huge doubts and none of them would have been successful on their own or arguably in a different configuration of resistance.

Harmless fandom question becomes depressing personal reflection!!

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2015, 07:09:14 AM »
How would you make a potato move?  Potatoes don't have legs or brains.
I'd do it through sheer potato awesomeness.
The right Yeerk would find me to be a very habitable host.

Let me explain: A Yeerk would pretty much know everything about me, and interact with me directly on the regular. Yes, I would be very distressed to find myself unwillingly colluding in the terrible and sometimes violent acts required in the expansion of the Yeerk empire, but... (Oh dear, I can't believe I just stuck a "but" at the end of that thought...)

Most days, between the horrible things, between the small but awful actions my body would take against my will to further a vast yet secret war of enslavement on all of my fellow humans, I think I would just find it reassuring to have an unlikely buddy up there, in the old noggin. I'm not a very decisive person. There would be moments when knowing someone else who is capable and focused has the reigns would be a great comfort to me.

But this is how most of these kinds of questions work for me. I usually assume I'd do the wimpy thing when faced with horrifying circumstance. Zombie apocalypse? Probably not Patient 0 or anything, but I'd be "converted" to Team Zombie pretty quickly, I imagine. I hold no illusions about saving the world. I have very few illusions regarding even living a "good life" (by my standards, which are high) as it is, possible horrible circumstance aside. That's part of the reason why I connected so much with Animorphs as a series; each of the main characters had huge doubts and none of them would have been successful on their own or arguably in a different configuration of resistance.

Harmless fandom question becomes depressing personal reflection!!
This is a very interesting and unique viewpoint, thus I am quoting it despite it being above this post.
yeah

Offline Andalite_Shorm

• deviantART
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2015, 11:58:23 AM »
I think I'd also be an opportunist XD But in the times I wasn't fighting for control I'd be probably helping my Yeerk along lol

"No I don't normally say stuff like that, try this instead!" etc XD I don't care that they can read my memories and thoughts, verbal explanation is so much more fun on everyone's part :3

And tbh I wouldn't say that every Yeerk would be completely against talking to their host; I mean, why not? If you're sitting alone at some bus stop on a rainy day, why not have a conversation if you can? :P

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »
I think I'd also be an opportunist XD But in the times I wasn't fighting for control I'd be probably helping my Yeerk along lol

"No I don't normally say stuff like that, try this instead!" etc XD I don't care that they can read my memories and thoughts, verbal explanation is so much more fun on everyone's part :3

And tbh I wouldn't say that every Yeerk would be completely against talking to their host; I mean, why not? If you're sitting alone at some bus stop on a rainy day, why not have a conversation if you can? :P

I would ask my Yeerk for romantic advice.