Author Topic: RAF In Real Life  (Read 11329 times)

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
Re: RAF In Real Life
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »
When I get to my computer, I will try to do that alongside my critical review. Promise.

radgeek

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 10:30:33 AM »
RAFians All Around

“Bear!”
Josh was getting into his car after work when he saw J sitting in the passenger’s seat.  “Who are you?  How did you get in my car?”
“I’m J from RAF. It was the Ellimist.” J said.  “He sent me here to keep you off RAF.”
Josh studied J's face.  He looked like the J and sound like him.  “Hold on a cotton pickin' minute, what?”
“Rad was right,” J said.  “I'm an angel now.”
“Riiiiight,” Josh said doubt filling his voice.  “Prove it.”
J brought his hand in front of him and made it glow slightly.
“That's it,” Josh said.  “You glow.  You could have all sorts of fancy powers and all you do is glow.”
J shrugged.
“So I shouldn't log on to RAF because if I do I'll turn in to a Bear with lightning powers,” Josh said.  “It’s still insane.”
“I'm in Texas,” J said slowly.  “There are a lot of RAFians here.   Could we go see them?”
Josh rolled his eyes.  “Unless you can glow and teleport, I don't think so.  Texas is a big place.”
-----
Ma'at's host went home after fencing with a dragon in her backpack.  She didn't want her family to see him till she was fully able to explain why she was a single mother of a child of a different species.  She would have to tell them that about being a host too.  Ma'at was even willing to exit from Rad in front her parents to prove that this was real.  But still this wouldn't be easy.
Her cellphone started ringing as she put Gymn in her room.  “This is the best I can do for now.  Don't touch anything, please.”  She took out her phone.  “Hello?”
“What are you? Insane?!” Muhammad shouted form the other side of the line.
Is that a ribbon device? Gymn's thoughts drifted to Ma'at's host.
“Hello to you too,” Ma'at said sharply with a human voice.  “What makes you say that today?”
“Begging Questions posted a story about you this time,” Muhammad said.  “They found a place where you claim to be a host to a creature from Stargate.”
Ma'at couldn't help cursing in Goa'uld.  “I was hoping no other that RAFians could see that.”
“I had to sign up to see the post,” Muhammad explained.  “Do you mind explaining what you were thinking?”
Ma'at's mind began to race.  What if the writers of Begging Questions had RAFian powers as well?  Either way, the fact that she was now two different people in one body was her main concern too.  “I have one idea but I'll need to do this in person.”  And hopefully only once, she thought as Rad rubbed her neck.
-----
Marie peeked out from behind a dumpster to see if the cost was clear before running behind a parked van.  I just need to get to the house of another RAFian, she thought as she dodged her way through the street of Houston. Terenia's house is closest.
She got near the stoop to see Terenia's husband run out of the house.  But every time Marie looked at him something in her brain said that she was Terenia. <Brian, it’s me. Marie.>
He turned around to see a fox looking up at her.  “Quick, get in the car,” he said as he opened the door to his car.
Marie jumped in and crawled her way over to the passenger’s seat.  <Have you seen Jessi today?>
The man looked at Marie with sad eyes.  “He screamed the whole time I was changing.  I don't know who long I was helpless on the floor before he picked me and held me up to his ear.  I've invaded this man's brain.”
Marie blinked.  <So I'm too late.>
She nodded.  “I was about to check on goom. He's an administrator so he should know about this. I called him and he said he was going to try to shut down the site,” Terenia explains.  “I didn't tell him who I really was when I spoke to him.”
<Is shutting down the site the right thing to do?> Marie asked.
Terenia did a strangely feminine head tilt.  “If this has happened to other people before RAFians, we could ask them.  But I highly doubt it has.  We're trail blazing a path that I think only RAFians could blaze.”
-----
“Jude, I need to speak to the broad members at my house ASAP,” Christina's voice said over the phone.  “I must address the last Begging Questions atrial to you in person.”
He jumped slightly as a hand pressed something wet to his phone free ear.  His last free action was to look over his shoulder to see Deli behind the hologram of his boss.
A voice took over in his head.  <<I'm just in time for the big meeting then.>>  “I'm leaving to take the train now,” Jude's voice said on its own.  “I have seen the post yet.  I'll read it on the way.”
-----
Josh drove home. He needed to do the same thing that J was doing: stopping RAFians from logging on to RAF.  He needed a computer for that since he couldn't travel.  “J,” Josh said.  “Go to those woods over there so I can send out some warnings to RAFians by Skype.  I only hope I'm not too late.”
“Grimuluk seemed to have all things in hand,” J said.  “I don't want to go in the woods.”
“You can't go in the house,” Josh said.  “One of the kids would see you and call Mom.  I don't know what she'll think about this.”
J had not thought about his family yet.  It was about ten in the evening back home and his family would start to wonder where he was.  The only member of his family that would even get close to guessing where he was Tina. But she was only three and would guess he was gone to Rad, wherever she lived.
-----
Bryce spun around and saw the Seal on the ground.  He cursed before looking at the animal in the eye.  “Did you just say something?”
The Seal rolled her eyes.  “It’s me, Seal, from RAF.  Something is wrong with the site.”
Bryce looked blankly at the Seal.  “Did Queen put a virus on it?”
“No,” the Seal said, shaking her head.  “I mean... you don't think that she could do something like this?  I don't think she could really do what she does in my fics.”
“No, but...” Bryce said, pinching himself.  “This isn't a RAF dream?  You're really a Seal.”
“Yes, Rad and I aren't the only ones.  I saw Gymn, J, Myitt, and donut all as their RAFpersonas.  We should check on Queen either way.”
Bryce was still in shock and not fully processing the event.  “I guess we could.  But how would we find her?”
“I can teleport now,” Seal smiled and offered him her flipper.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:11:25 PM by Fencing Stargate Girl (Rad) »

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »
I haven't said it, but this was my favorite chapter, Rad. :D It's..different from the others, somehow.

radgeek

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:13 PM »
Thanks J.  I hated this chapter.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
..you what? This is the best chapter.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
I loved the chapter.  :)

I've been following this since the beginning--I just now got off my lazy butt and told you so. -_-

But yeah, I'm loving it so far!  There are some people connected with you that I'm a little confused about, like Jude and what happened with him, but otherwise I love it.  Keep it up!
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

radgeek

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 12:13:10 AM »
Ah Jude.
*hides computer screen*
Let's just say that Merlin switched hosts.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 12:55:47 AM »
I just read this. 1AM  ;D
Anyways, I really like the theory. I would love being Gymn or Cobra.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
Whoa, Gymn, you have the same name as Rad? *just realized* I thought Rad had posted more.

radgeek

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 10:32:45 AM »
lol All most there and yes it is a bit strange having my son have my name but its cool with me.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »
I'm a Christopher.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:27:14 AM by Chris (Gymn) »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »
But they're still somewhat close.

radgeek

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »
Chapter 4

“I didn't know that this was a costume party,” Merlin said when Rad opened the door for him in full Ra'at (Rad & Ma'at) garb.  He wasn't expecting to find her in a gold buttoned up dress with a belt full of her Goa'uld technology and a sword.  “I would have come dresses as a leprachun if I had known.”
“Yeerks O'lot?” Rad said looking at Jude.  “Sorry, Grimluk has given RAFians the ability to recognize each other.  You should have told me you were a RAFian.  I would have asked you to play a part in the Our Summer Vacation audio drama.”
I can't host hope then, Merlin said.  She'll spot me if I change.  “I didn't know about how I could help,” he said.  “Sounds like you know what you're doing.”
“Thank you,” she said, smiling.  “It was your voice that I really wanted for a character named Merlin.”
Merlin turned a shade of pink that matched his host's red hair.
<<She's fond you out,>> Jude said.  <<Did she name a Yeerk after you?  That is great!>>
<<It was a voluntary human host,>> Merlin said quietly.  <<I've had to study everything Christina ever wrote about Ra'at to prep for this moment.  OSV kept coming up.>>
“Really? What do we have in common?” he asked.
“Your age, an intest in law,” Ra'at said, “nothing much more.  I just didn't want an evil sounding voice for that part.”
<<Does she like my voice?>> Jude asked.
Merlin suppressed an eye roll.
“Christina, you should have told me you were having guests!” It was her grandmother coming down the steps of her apartment with her newest wig of short, honey blond hair a little cruced on her head.  “I made cookies.”
Ra'at was surprised.  She wasn't going to tell Christina's grandmother.  “You wouldn't be able to understand.”
She must have not heard or didn't care because she kept coming.
“Jude, go to the living room I'll meet you there.”

Indoors, donut moaned to himself.  It's harder to fly indoors.  He flapped his wings, being careful not to brush his wings against anything.  He landed on a window sill to rest to rest and look at the sun and the trees.  Outside was where he belonged.  Where Este was.  He was losing track of how often he had cursed the body that he was now trapped in, yet he cursed it again.
<Este,> he said using his thought speak.  <It's me, donut.>  He gave another sigh.  <The bird.>
Este looked at the trees around her.
<I'm inside this house,> donut said tapping on the glass with his beak.
Este turned to the tapping to see a scarlet macaw sitting on the still.  She started laughing.
<This isn't a joke.>
Este came inside and over to the window that donut was perching on.  “I would have though you would turn into into Donut from Red Versus Blue.”
<That is what I should be,> donut said.  <You know what's happening then.>
“I was just using RAFchat to talk to Dameg,” Este said.  “She's a Yeerk now with three days or less to live.  I don't think we can make Kandrona.”
<Yeah, I don't think McGuiver could fix this.>

Myitt felt like she had been thrown in to the back seat of a moving car.  I guess you could say that she had.  She was in the back seat of Jessi's car with Brian and a fox in the front.  “Where am I?  What-”
<Tara?> Marie said.
Marie identified the fox as Marie.  “She's here too.  You're Marie and Jessi?”
“Yeah it's me,” Brian's voice said.  “How come you got a host and I didn't?”
<<Or you know that we support each other so well that we need each other?>> Tara said to Myitt.
<<Its possible.>>
“I wrote the two of us to work together,” Myitt said.  ”What are we doing?”
<We're driving to Goom's to see if he's shut the site down yet,> Marie said.  <We don't want this to spread.>
“Oh,” Terenia exclaimed.  “Imagine if this happen to World of War Craft.  I wouldn't want to walk the streets anymore.”
“How long have you been driving?” Myitt asked, getting herself comfortable in the backseat.  “He's in a different city.”
<We're almost there,> Marie said.
Myitt looked at the time on the dash and the time on her watch.  “The Ellimist must have left me in a SARIO? rip,” she commented.  “It  was about 1 P.M in bolder when then he took me to whereever Rad is, and gave us that speech about not having RAFians log on, and sending us to where we should go.”
“Wait, Ellimist!”
<You saw Rad?>
Myitt had to tell the other two RAFians about Grimluk and meeting the other RAFians during Rad's fencing lessen.  Meanwhile, the car pulled up Goom's house in time to hear a scream from inside.  Myitt grasped her dracon beam on her belt.
Terenia bolted out of the car to the house.
<I'll stay in the car,> Marie said.
Myitt nodded as she ran out of the car to the door keeping a tight grip on her dracon.
Terenia stopped outside the door and closed Brian's eyes.  “I just sent Goom thought-speak to tell him we were coming.”
A woman opened the door.  “It told me  that you could explain,” she said.  “Hi Tara, what's with the fancy gun?”
“Nothing,” she said putting away the gun.  “I'm guessing that he has turned in to a goomba.”
Goom's mother nodded.

Ma'at and Rad had their plan for the announcement to the family and the club.  Rad would talk first about Gymn and the changes that come with being a mother.  Then after everybody had accepted Gymn and petted him Ma'at would start to talk about herself in the third person and with Rad's human voice.  Then Ma'at would leave her and, as much as Ma'at hated the idea, everybody could touch her and see that she was real or some junk like that.
She stood before her audience of her sister, who was called Humbleness, Rad's mother and father, her grandma, Mohamed, Jude and Steinbrenner.
But Jude had an icebreaker in a plastic bag.  “I brought salsa and chips, Christina.  I know that you get hungry before speeches.”
<<Salsa!>> Rad screamed at Ma'at.
<<I'll have some,>> Ma'at moaned.  <<It's far too spicy for my taste.>>
Rad took back control of her body.  “Thank you, I feel the need have a little now.”  She sunk into the black plastic and opened the bag the bag of chips.  The salt could be felt between her fingers.  She twisted the cap off the salsa and dipped the chip in.  “You should take a seat.  I'm only having one now.”  She moved her hand out of the bag so she could take a bite.
The swelling started before Rad even swallowed.  <<What's happening?>>
Gymn rushed out from underneath the dinning room table and draped over Rad's shoulders.
<<I tasted mango,>> Ma'at said.  <<I've increased the effectiveness of your immune system so you're reacting wost then norma l to your allergy.  I'm going to leave and tell Gymn to reduce the swelling.>>  Ma'at could feel Rad lose oxygen and the flesh between her and Rad's mouth thicken.  <<I'm heading out the back.>>

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
Good job. I'm enjoying this.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »
Are you done with this, or do you plan to keep going? It's seems really good!

Btw, you said something earlier about adding my RAF persona. If you do, I think you know by know I'm a shapeshifter with an affinity for the Rukh form. You don't have to add me, but ifyou do, that's what I am. :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:34:24 PM by RAFRukh(Caleb) »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother