Author Topic: The David conundrum...  (Read 1771 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
The David conundrum...
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »
     Alright; this has been on my mind for the longest time--that bwing David's character. For some reason I can't understand why he was brought into the series in the first place.

I love David's character. But, if we're going with the idea that the Yeerks and the Animorphs--and, through some extent Andalites, Hork-Bajir, etc-- are the playthings of he Ellist and Crayak--pieces expendable, chosen and used by th latter two-- then we have assume that David must have been chosen by either Crayak or Ellimist.

My question is this: why David?

Aside from Rachel, all the other Animorphs had some connection with the Yeerk war.

As we all know, David doesn't have any such connection to the war. His father was a member of the NSA, but hat hardly makes him interesting to Crayak.

Obviousy, the Ellimist puts more time and care in hooding his pieces; whereas Crayak bases his deacon on the strength and numbers of his pieces. But who's to say that David wasn't chosen by the Ellimist? Every once in a while, you're going to make a bad move and choose a loser.

But that still leaves my question unanwered. Why David?
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
Re: The David conundrum...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »
As much as I love the Ellimist, I don't think he and Crayak had their hands in quite EVERYTHING. David could have very well been involved by random chance.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 09:59:40 PM »
I do find it hard to believe that the escafil device remained hidden for two years in an inhabited area. Hobos and such lived there, and it was a shortcut between the mall and the residential district. The Ellemist and/or Crayak probably had a hand in that at least.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline roguebluejay

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 10:37:23 PM »
I do love the idea that David was picked by the ellimist rather than crayak. Maybe going through the david experience was a vital part of them winning the war? Made them less likely to give away the morphing power.

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:33:37 PM »
It's also possible it wasn't so important for David to happen as it was for the Anis to get the escafil device (since it was through that that they were able to conceive of a peaceful solution). David was just the messenger.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »
Maybe ellimist and crayak were playing a little mini game; ellimist thought david would be good and crayak thought he would turn evil.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 10:44:24 PM »
i like that idea... or maybe it was a compromise, the animorphs got the blue box, but crayak got to choose who gave it to them.

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 11:03:17 PM »
i like that idea... or maybe it was a compromise, the animorphs got the blue box, but crayak got to choose who gave it to them.

^perfect! i love that idea

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 08:57:51 PM »
     Guess it goes to show how considerate those two are when it comes to sentinent life forms far less powerful than themselves.

And I still don't understand how they say they don't interfere when they're doing it all the time!

Even Crayak directly interferes when he brings David back. Which always made me wonder why Crayak didn't just give David his morphing powers back.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »
     Guess it goes to show how considerate those two are when it comes to sentinent life forms far less powerful than themselves.

And I still don't understand how they say they don't interfere when they're doing it all the time!

Even Crayak directly interferes when he brings David back. Which always made me wonder why Crayak didn't just give David his morphing powers back.

because it was just a way to screw with rachel and try to get her to his side rather than trying to give the animorphs a dangerous opponent.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »
Holy!! Whoa! That's a really good concept!
It could explain how David came to be in kahoots with Cryak, during the events in #The Return; how Cryak had meticulously played with Rachel's 'dark side' through the use of David to get her to kill Jake, ultimately; and how David/rat survived the rock-island ordeal.
Makes perfect sense to have Cryak and the Ellimist have an agreement with this David factor...