Author Topic: What book would you most enjoy alternate perspectives of?  (Read 6075 times)

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
Re: What book would you most enjoy alternate perspectives of?
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2010, 10:39:46 AM »
I agree, I'd like that one too.

David's view, definitely. Or Mertil's/Gafinilan's...I'm not sure if I have that name right.

Offline cams

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2010, 09:20:52 AM »
Visser 3's view on anything would be fun.
Especially when he's angry that he lost to the Animorphs again. :mad:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:22:49 AM by cams »

Offline Green armadillo ette

• If at first you don't  succeed, redefine success.
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2010, 01:29:21 PM »
I would have loved to have Elfangor's pov when he crashes.  I always wondered if he worried about Ax and the rest of those on the GalaxyTree when he crashed. I can't remember if they had it in the end the AC or not, but still.  Also, to have Tobias' pov or Marco's on the book when Ax threatens to blow up the city with a nuke in order to prevent a third WW.  It would have been interesting to see how Tobias would have reacted knowing that Ax was going to do.  And I wondered if Marco would have agreed with it or not.  Also, to have Cassie perspective when she and Ax and someone else I can't remember are on the subway to blow up the Yeerk Pool would have been a very interesting read.  And knowing what Ax thought when Cassie gave the blue box away to Tom would have shined some light on what the rest of the gang thought.  If Ax told what it was like to find the 'Morphs come and rescue them would have added depth to Cassie's boring (in my opinion) story.
Last night, I laid back in my bed staring up at the stars, and I thought to myself ... I probably should fix that hole in my roof.

Offline Lincoln

• I'm the brown one on the left.
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »
The library at my school didn't have the entire collection of the Animorphs (which is so stupid, seriously), so I haven't gotten the chance to read all of them. But of the ones I did get to read, I agree with whoever said that there should've been the other Animorphs perspectives in the very first book. I would've liked to know what they were all thinking when there was a spaceship landing in an abandoned construction site--especially Marco, because point of view is interesting and makes me laugh out loud. I remember way, way, way back in elementary school, I was reading a Marco-perspective Animorphs book and I snorted loudly and everyone turns to me and look at me like I'm crazy. Good times...good times.
  I would've liked to see more Ax, too. It seemed as if every time he narrated, I became enlightened on human nature. And this brings me to my pet peeve: Why, oh why did they never explain to Ax why humans wear clothing? I mean, really? Every time he asked they beat around the bush. Ax is all like, "Why ya gotta wear clothes, earthlings?" and they're all, "Cuz we're humans, yo!"  Just explain it to him!!!
"I intend to live forever, or die trying."--Groucho Marx
"Since the mathematicians have invaded the theory of relativity, I do not understand it myself anymore."--Albert Einstein

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 02:26:29 PM »
The library at my school didn't have the entire collection of the Animorphs (which is so stupid, seriously), so I haven't gotten the chance to read all of them. But of the ones I did get to read, I agree with whoever said that there should've been the other Animorphs perspectives in the very first book. I would've liked to know what they were all thinking when there was a spaceship landing in an abandoned construction site--especially Marco, because point of view is interesting and makes me laugh out loud. I remember way, way, way back in elementary school, I was reading a Marco-perspective Animorphs book and I snorted loudly and everyone turns to me and look at me like I'm crazy. Good times...good times.
  I would've liked to see more Ax, too. It seemed as if every time he narrated, I became enlightened on human nature. And this brings me to my pet peeve: Why, oh why did they never explain to Ax why humans wear clothing? I mean, really? Every time he asked they beat around the bush. Ax is all like, "Why ya gotta wear clothes, earthlings?" and they're all, "Cuz we're humans, yo!"  Just explain it to him!!!

They did at one point, in one of the books he mentions knowing that they put clothes on to cover up insightly parts, but thinks that we cover up the wrong parts because there is nothing uglier than a human nose.