Author Topic: Temporal Terror  (Read 12373 times)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
Re: Temporal Terror
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »
We must go find Ambassador Acoun! Parag was shocked. He hadn't thought this was possible or that it could happen to Ambassador Acoun. This had been so well planned. There hadn't been any security risks.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 11:20:21 AM »
"I'll go get Claxter. Meet us in docking bay S-12. My ship, the Prodigy is there. Just cue the computer. You can get in with security code Alpha-alpha-q-10...although you probably already knew that."

I ran back to the Senate conference room.

"Claxter, we have to go. The StarSavior is in trouble!"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »
<I'm right behind you, Ambassador.> Claxter said. He sent a message to his second in command, telling him he was in charge until Claxter got back. He followed Kage, wondering what might have happened. The route should have been clear. This was very sudden. Maybe it was an ambush. either way, they needed to get to the Starsavior quickly and assess the situation.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
Parag caught up to Claxter. You have no idea how this could have happened either.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »
We ran to docking bay S-12 and there was the Prodigy.

The Prodigy was one of the first Hork-Bajir built ships. It was 10 meters, wingtip-to-wingtip. The wings were pyramids, coming out from the ship, longer than tall. The back of the wing had a large hole in it that glowed a bright blue –– the sub-Z ion engines. It also looked like the builders had taken what they scooped out of the back and put it in the front. The bulge glowed a dull, whitish-orange. They were the fuel collectors. In case the ship ran out of power, they could project a large conical field and draw in hydrogen molecules. These it would compress, and then using some chemical reactory system, would make power.

The main body itself was ovular, with three fore-facing spikes towards the front, similar to the Hork-Bajir head. These spike curved forward and down over the helm, which could be clearly seen from the outside as a triangular three-seat arena with controls to the front and the sides. The rear end came to a similar conical end, with two thin tail fins projecting out that could divert the Ion flow to propel the ship faster or slower, up or down.

I entered my DNA code. Then, after the computer asked for voice recognition and code, I said, "Alpha-alpha-q-10."

The door opened. One fourth of it went up, the other 3 came down as a ramp. I climbed in the Claxter on my heels.

Yhua jumped into the rear seat. I sat in the seat specifically designed for Hork-Bajir, and had the ship retract the tactical seat so that Claxter could stand there. We took off, toward the Gressen rift.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:15:51 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 11:56:39 PM »
Indeed this is a most impressive ship. What are it's armaments. Parag was interested from a security standpoint.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 12:12:14 AM »
<I believe Hork-Bajir are one of the more peaceful races out there, but a gun or two never hurt.> Claxter said. <It's a nice craft. flies mighty smoothly.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 12:34:12 AM »
Even in peace it isn't wise to travel with no armament. Even if only for use against debris in your way. Parag was a body guard so he had definite opinions about starship weapons.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 09:18:08 AM »
"Yes, while the Shuttle Unit Hork-Bajir are just as... unintelligible as any, the Andalites on the project did install some weaponry. I believe it was an average shredder refitted to fit our needs more specifically. The Hork-Bajir seer on the grounds at the time called it a Tyrra beam. Yes, there are two in front, each underneath one of the fuel collectors. And...one in back, right on the tip. They are less painful than Dracons, and not as powerful as shredders, but in terms of power, they are relatively good. As opposed to the allowance the Andalites have given the Iskoort, which compared to ours is something to laugh at. All-in-all, I think the name Prodigy is very fitting. But that's just me –– I named it.", I chuckled.

The Prodigy glided out of the Andalite starsystem, and I set a heading for the Gressen rift. We picked up speed, and then we finally translated to z-space.

As much as normal M-space was attention-grabbing, even mystically wondrous, I had always been more interested in z-space. Advanced civilization centers on it. Travel, communications, even the Andalite morphing capability. The blank white nothingness that most people would think was a horribly scary place was how powerful space-faring peoples thrived.

It would take us two days to get to the Gressen rift. Two days to intercept the jeopardized StarSavior. By the time we got there, other ships closer to the area would probably be there. I knew some Iskoort ships were close, as well as Andalite, and a few Terran ships. At least I hoped that was all...
–––––––––––
Two days later
–––––––––––

"Preparing for M-space translation." I said.

The Prodigy seemed to pop out of nowhere...into normal space. Right next to the nebula-like Gressen rift. I stared in awe.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:23:02 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 12:08:44 AM »
I do not see the ship. Where could it be? Parag was talking to himself as much as the others. He knew they didn't know.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010, 12:11:43 AM »
<Maximize scanner power and range.> Claxter suggested. <Let's see if anything answers.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2010, 12:14:30 AM »
I don't see the reading we are looking for. Parag was very worried now.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2010, 12:19:19 AM »
<Don't worry too much. We just got here. We can look around a bit before thinking they aren't here.> He said. <I say we check out the east sector. they might be orbiting the moon there.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2010, 02:11:24 AM »
"I agree with Claxter. I would not be to worried. The StarSavior is carrying weapons to make an average Dome ship cry."

As I had predicted, there was a small fleet of Andalite fighters circling a Dome-ship. There were two Iskoort ships, probably scavenging the udecalithium deposits, and three terran assault vessels.

I piloted the Prodigy towards the moon...I engaged all sensor feeds.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:53:39 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »
Claxter highly doubted anything could compete with a Dome Ship's main cannons, but this wasn't the time for a debate of egos. He merely took in what he saw, and waited until they drew closer. he would help if he was needed.

Ani-Master 2014!