Author Topic: Temporal Terror  (Read 12372 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Temporal Terror
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:32:49 PM »
I'm relatively new to the forums, so I would welcome some friendly criticism on my...presentation here.

Year: 2063(56 years since the Adndalite/Yeerk war)
Starting point: Andalor, Homeworld of the Andalites and seat to the Headquarters of the Galactic Accord Union.
Starting Condition: Peace. The Andalites, Humans, Hork-Bajir, Taxxons, Leerans and several other species have joined into a federation known as the GAU. The Kelbrid have remained true to their agreement with the Andalites, and remained on their side of the border, allowing for an epoch of peace.

70 years earlier: <Is it done YET!?> screamed Visser Three in thought-speak that made Geriss One-Six-Nine-Three feel like his host's head was going to explode.

Geriss opened Gabe David's mouth, to answer Visser Three in a shaky voice, "Y-yes, Visser. Our scientists have been working around the clock to finish th––"

<SPARE ME that talk. Just make sure it WORKS, the FIRST time!!>, Visser Three bellowed.

"Yes! Of...of course Visser! We will have it done by tomorrow."

<I will hold you to that. You can be sure of it.>, Esplin promised...threaten ed.

Geriss said nothing. Nothing to say. If Visser Three held you to something, you just tried to get it done as soon as possible. He turned back to the portal Gate. It was nothing like Human science Fiction would have demanded. It was not a full circle, nor a vessel in which to drive off in. It was simply two poles with holes inside them. When they were turned on, it looked nothing like humans would have predicted either. When turned on, the holes would shoot what looked like lightning. Electricity, between them. Then, it turned into a misty, glowing blue haze.

A Time Portal.

The Next Day

<Geriss. Is it ready!?> Visser Three yelled.

All his staff scurried away.

"Yes, Visser Three."

<ACTIVATE IT!>

"Yes, sir." Geriss ran to the activation switch...

The beams of electricity shot out, each to the other corresponding hole opposite it. Then, each band grew in width, and took on a blue hue. Then it softened, and became a misty look. They heard echos from the other side.

"There you go Visser. I can have my crews ready to go with you in..."

<No.>

Geriss stuttered, "No, V-visser?"

<That's what I said. No. You and your crew will go. I will remain here and wait for your return. I will have a series of Blue Band Hork-Bajir ready for your departure.>

Geriss stammered, "O-o-of course Visser."

3 hours later

Geriss, Yntill, 6 other scientists, and a pack of 10 Blue Bands stood before the portal.

Geriss spoke after a long hesitation, "Activate the Time Portal."

So, basically, you are a Human, Andalite, Leeran, Hork-Bajir, Taxxon, Iskoort, or Renegade Kelbrid that comes to Andalor(You will have to explain your reasons), and I will introduce the Yeerks when they come in from 70 years earlier.

ALL PLAYERS HOLD THE ABILITY TO MAKE GAMEPLAY PLOT TWISTS. While this may come as a shock at some times, it can make for a more interesting story. However, if you notice the direction a player is trying to take, please refrain from deliberately changing it in order to frustrate the other player, or suit your needs better. However, no players except Execs(Myself, Chad29, Gymn, and J-angel) may enter the Ellimist or Crayak. We also control most NPCs.

Key: <Thought-Speak>, Leeran Thought-Speech, "Nominal Speech"

Members

Executives: Rhohawk, Chad29, J-Angel, Ryan
Elites(10 year posting):
Supreme Veterans(6 year posting):
Special Veterans(4 year posting):
Veterans(2 year posting):
Patrons(10 months posting):
Seniors(6 months posting):
Juniors(2 moths posting):
Newbies:
Aldrea2011

Please introduce your character in our new OOC thread...

List of Characters

Played by: Stephlao
    Character Name: Kage Hamee
    Character Species: Hork-Bajir(Seer)
    Appearance: 6' 3", two horns(Hereditary deformity), dark green
    Bio: Kage Hamee is the son of Thena Hamee and Frent Gijon. He is the newly appointed Hork-Bajir ambassador to Andalor, and one of 3 seers in the local area. It has also recently been revealed that he is morph capable.
–and–
    Character Name: Enan Rhohawk
    Character Species: Human
    Appearance: 5' 6", Brown Hair, Caucasian, Blue eyes
    Bio: Investigator Enan Rhohawk is a scientist from Earth. His title does not denote crime scene forensics, but rather his professionalism in researching, categorizing, and identifying scientific phenomena. He had close ties with Cassie Chambers' lineage, Galaxy Chambers. He and her spent a lot of time working on biology together, and that was where Rhohawk got his interest in science jumpstarted. He has a photographic memory, but is not very sure of himself.
–and–
    Character Name: Claxter-Karmesh-Sinopul
    Character Species: Andalite
    Appearance: Mostly blue, with various soft tan patches, including one around his right main eye as a distinguishing mark. Unlike the unarmored soldiers in the past war, he does wear laser resistant armor. He also wears straps on his arms that can project forcefields, though they will short out when under constant pressure. He also wears a metallic cover over his tail, making it harder.
    Bio: Claxter works as a security officer in the Galactic Headquarters building.

Played by: J-Angel
    Character Name: Gersarus
    Character Species:Iskoort
    Appearance: A normal War-Monger form, paler than normal. His right stalk eye is shorter than usual.
    Bio: Gersarus is a war-monger Iskoort from the Iskoort homeworld. He was one of 20 Iskoort traveling to Earth in the Iskoort vessel   Rae'nir. The ship crashed on the planet, but before humans found the ship, everyone died but Gersarus. He destroyed the last of the shuttle. He accidentally found the Yeerk pool, and found a Martin's Tube (Terran Term)that lead into a high security room containing a temporal portal. Now he has arrived in the year 2063, and is about to play an important role in defeating the Yeerks.

Played by: Ryan
    Character Name: Xero Ermanda
    Character Species: Human
    Appearance: 6'4", 203 pounds, Muscular Build. Black hair, gray streak(Standard Army cut). Black/Dark Brown Eyes(Based on Light index), A large slightly curved scar above his left eye, and a massive scar going from his left shoulder to his right waist.
    Bio: Not big on morals, but it is often good in his line of work. If you gain his trust, which isn't easy against the paranoia hammered into because of his work as a Union soldier, he is very loyal. Mostly he only cares about his weapons and ship, the former he treats like his own children. He used them in his 30+ years as a bounty hunter turned soldier. He never turns down a good mission, combat or no. Which is why he accepted the mission to help defeat the Yeerks on Mareneoi.

Played by: Aldrea2011
    Character Name: Geriss 1-6-9-3(Visser 4, Aldrea-Nerelth-Trene)
    Character Species: Yeerk/Andalite Controller
    Appearance: 5'5", Purple, relatively short eye stalks.
    Bio: Geriss 1-6-9-3 was the unlucky pawn of Visser 3 during the war. Now, with his own Andalite host, all he wants is to get back to tell the Empire about it's fall, and be promoted to Visser 1 –– maybe even a seat on the Council of Thirteen. // Aldrea-Nerelth-Trene is named for the late Aldrea-Iskillion-Fallan, viewed as a heroine once the humans heard her story. Aldrea captains the Dome-Ship StarSavior, the origin of the new Yeerk invasion.

Post Merged: December 17, 2010, 06:53:43 PM
The doors opened for me.

I walked through. It was ridiculous really. Give a race advanced technology and they become to lazy to even open a door for two Terran seconds.

<Ah, Kage Hamee. Welcome to Andalor, Ambassador.>

It was Derelath-Jeffon-Tyynimet. He was the head of the Ambassadorial senate here on Andalor.

"Thank you Minister. May I call you Derelath?"

The Andalite pondered this, <Minister Derelath.>

I resisted the urge to do what passed for humans rolling their eyes.

"Of course. Minister Derelath. A pleasure to meet you in person. Do you know when the other Ambassadors will get here?" I asked.

<They will arrive shortly. As a matter of fact, here comes one now.>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:38:16 AM by Stephlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Temporal Terror
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 06:58:53 PM »
Played by: Chad29
Character Name: Claxter Karmesh Sinopul
Character Species: Andalite
Appearance: Mostly blue, with various soft tan patches, including one around his right main eye as a distinguishing mark. Unlike the unarmored soldiers in the past war, he does wear laser resistant armor. He also wears straps on his arms that can project forcefields, though they will short out when under constant pressure. He also wears a metallic cover over his tail, making it harder.
Bio: Claxter works as a security officer in the Galactic Headquarters building.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 07:08:40 PM »
((I'd say welcome to the game, but it's not really a game yet. :P))

I almost laughed out loud. The Iskoort turned. It was not an Ambassador, it was just another citizen...

Behind him had been an Andalite. An old one, from the look of it. He had armor over him, and metal along his tail. He walked in.

Derelath spoke up, <Ah. Ambassador Kage, this is Security Officer Claxter-Karmesh-Sinopul. He has been assigned as your personal security officer>

"Good day Officer Claxter." I said.

((Ok, welcome to the game! It's official now. :) ))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:31:56 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »
I'm glad you like my info, at least.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 07:31:12 PM »
((I'm glad you like my info, at least.))

((Yes, I like your appearance description, and I never even thought of introducing a Security officer. Very original Idea. I hope you don't mind my taking up the introduction. I plan to do that. The rest is up to you.))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »
Claxter stood in the same room as the Minister and Ambassador, though didn't actually speak unless spoken to. His job was merely to settle disputes and ensure safety. The day had been quiet, except for that one episode when a drunken Human left a room where they were having celebrations, and got lost. Humans would celebrate just about anything from a person's day of birth to the beginning of a new year with intoxicating beverages.

His main eyes kept track of the main door as his stalk eyes surveyed the room.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »
Claxter did not answer. He simply 'about faced' as the humans say, and kept his main eyes on the transparent doors, and his stalk eyes darted about the room, like any good Andalite.

Kage sat at the chair nearest Claxter. He liked Andalites in general. He liked several Andalites personally. He would wish to become friends with his Security Chief, but if the Andalite was going to be...taciturn...he would not try to force his hand.

Post Merged: December 17, 2010, 08:04:11 PM
==ABSENCE ALERT==

I will be at a two day convention this weekend. I may post tomorrow night or Sunday night, but expect real content on Monday.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 08:04:11 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »
(I missed the part of the post where you spoke to Claxter. Sorry. Also he's not supposed to be very old. Ax is like 2 Andalite years, and about 13 in Human years. Claxter is 4 Andalite years old.)

After a few moments of watching the door, Claxter noticed he was being spoken to. <Oh, I apologize. Greetings ambassador Kage. I have a habit of tuning out conversations sometimes, as I try not to eavesdrop. Sometimes it makes me look aloof. It is good to meet you. Yes, I am in charge of your security. If there is anything you need, just ask. I'll do my best to listen.> he said, and gave a small bow.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »
((Oh, it's fine. I thought it was a nice plot development. :). And I only said he looked old. Don't Andalites get 'tanner' with age?))

"It's quite alright Officer. I am very pleased to have you in charge of my security. May I call you Claxter?"
––––

==ABSENCE ALERT==

I will be at a two day convention this weekend. I may post tomorrow night or Sunday night, but expect real content on Monday. I will post this reminder until Monday. Feel most free to continue posting.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:01:46 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 09:09:06 PM »
(I forget if they get tanner with age, or if tan is just an alternate hair/fur color.)

<You may, sir. So what brings you here, today? Everything going well on the Hork-Bajir Homeworld? I heard rumors that they're attempting to do something about those places on the surface outside of the fertile valleys.> Claxter said, making polite conversation.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 06:41:06 PM »
((I see. Ok. :) ))

"As a matter of fact, I am partially here to discuss these 'attempts.' These talks are to update the most recent information, Claxter. Computerized intelligence can tell the gist, but they can never tell the concerns of the Hork-Bajir or negotiate a compromise. So, the Union created the Ambassadorial Senate. But I'm sure you know that. I'm sure you also know that I'm here to replace the late Emissary Vory Tekan. He died on a diplomatic mission to Kel'beyR."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »
<I had heard about that. May he rest peacefully.> Claxter said. <I believe we are expecting other Ambassadors today. I'm not exactly sure who, though security will be as good as it always is.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 07:55:56 PM »
"I'm sure it will be. I am hoping my personal friend, Ambassador Acoun of Leera arrives."

{{Please do not use this name. I have an idea.}}
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 08:26:44 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 09:08:29 PM »
((I changed my mind. I'll join.
Played by: Cobra
Character Name: Parag Yhua
Character Species: Leeran
Appearance: Parag is average looking, and somewhat stronger than normal. He carries a sleep-dart gun, with enough knock-out drug to put a Hork-Bajir out for two hours, at all times. He has a stern expression for a Leeran, but truth be told it isn't that stern to a human. He doesn't use violence when it isn't nessecary.
Bio: Parag is Ambassador Acoun's bodyguard and has been for many years. His is also his aid. When he was a child he was orphaned and Acoun took him in. He is reluctant to use violence, but he will if Ambassador Acoun's life is threatened.))
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:26:57 PM by Cobra »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 08:02:52 AM »
The conversation stops for a while...and nothing happens.

Two minutes later, it finally happens. The doors SWOOSH aside, and a Leeran strides in: Parag Yhua, Ambassador Acoun's security. He carries a tranquilizer dart.

Kage never really learned to trust Leerans. Let's face it, who does like their brain being probed, whether they like it or not –– for that matter, whether the leeran likes it or not. Acoun Kloa was the only one that really developed a closeness to Kage, personally.

"Welcome to the Galactic Accord Union headquarters Officer Yhua. I regret to inform you that Ambassador Acoun has not arrived yet. But you already know that, don't you?"

((Welcome to the game! May I ask what changed your mind?))