Author Topic: ((OOC!)) Animorphs: Resurrection ((OOC!))  (Read 26265 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: ((OOC!)) Animorphs: Resurrection ((OOC!))
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »
He means in the RP thread. You could explain here as well, but there needs to be a reason for a Seer to be on the Hork-Bajir Homeworld, if I'm understanding correctly. Seers often have the leadership positions, from what I remember, so you'd have to be able to leave and probably have someone to cover your slack while you're gone. Or something like that. In other words, have a backstory, I guess.

BaronConall

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
Essentially like Bear said. There is already and established seer among the Yellowstone Hork-Bajir. Tiberi obviously has his reasons for summoning you.

Since you entered slghtly late into the RP, you weren't provided with a letter from GT&T fromally inviting you here, which means Tiberi had another, private means of contacting and an equally god reason to do so.

Maybe you're a well known Seer on the homeworld for a something that no other Seer has done?

My suggestion is to post a rough bio on here and I can see how well it reads, which would let us incorporate it into the RP.

Until then, it may be better to keep your history, outside of being a Seer, in the dark until you can establish a character background.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
Kage Gretha: Kage is a seer from the Hork-Bajir home-world. He is the son of Theka Dera and Vemo Gretha. Kage was kidnapped by a time-traveling Arn, called Xeviqenavoe, who experimented on him genetically. His plans were to create a warrior Hork-Bajir, and upon the success of his venture, create an army. Kage was very young, and his third horn had just started to grow. The Arn's experimentation destroyed the natural growth of the horn. Xeviqenavoe was trying to give him special abilities(5 x nominal strength, 3 x nominal reflexes, and doubly long horns and spikes). The doubly long horns and spikes are what reduced his third horn. His experiment didn't work wholly, only 3 1/2 x nominal strength, and 2 x nominal reflexes. The horns and spikes grew perfectly. Before he could continue his work, or figure out Kage was a seer, the Hork-Bajir went back to his time, and destroyed the time-portal, destroying the lab and Xeviqenavoe in the process.

He fought in the war, and was a major defensive against the 'Blue Bands'. His father died in the war, and his mother was taken. After the war, his mother was freed, but as Hork-Bajir never live extremely long, she died very shortly afterward.
–––––––

Is that ok? Anything else?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:33:48 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »
Hey guys, just posting a heads up!

My Christmas break has officially started, which means it's traveling time. Tomorrow I'll be airport hopping. I'll try to get online as much as possible, but no guarantees. Tonight I'll be out of town as well, but I'll try to get at least one or two good posts in.

Worst case scenario, I'll reappear sometime tomorrow night.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

BaronConall

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2010, 09:38:31 PM »
That's fine, Terenia, thanks for the heads up!

Scinalo: I'm not very comfortable with a time-travelling Arn. If he could time-travel, why didn't he save his race? I feel a lot more comfortable leaving any time/4th dimensional stuff in the hands of Ellimist and Crayak, who would both be GM'd as NPC if they ever were to appear.
Also, what war did he fight in? The Yeerk-Andalite war? That would make him over 80 years old, as the year is 2072. This would conflict directly with Hork-Bajir not being long-lived (especially since life-span is never established).

gorillaman16: If you are going to be absent from posting for 2 days, I'd much prefer it if you were to PM me to let me know why. And if you are going to return to post 2 days later (and however long in-game), I would perfer it *much* more if you were to read over the previous 2 days worth of posts to get up to speed.
Since your character was present for ALL of these conversations, I would find it more believable if your character were to have been silently contemplating in the background.
If this means that you need to post 3 paragraphs to catch up, so be it.
This is much less inconvenient for the other players who have been keeping up, as opposed to main characters having to completely revisit 2 days worth of posts and plot development.

Please don't mistake me for an RPG Nazi GM, but player absence has been addressed in the rules. I'm going to have to stick to my guns here if I'm going to establish any control over this.

This is officially strike one of three for gorillaman16.

*Please* try to post at least once a day or make me aware of why you will only be able to post every 2 days.

Extended absences carry the risk of the GM taking over the character as and NPC until you return.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 09:51:42 PM »
Having read the previous post, and accepted that Arhareli may just have to be NPC or written-out-of-story for a span of time, I'm going to update you now with my plans for absence:

I'll be leaving my internet-capable current location some time Wednesday; I will not gain more than sporadic and momentary web access until 12-26-2010, unless I am forced to leave family early (weather or health related; Heaven forbid either of them).  That's roughly four days, accounting for travel time.

We still have several days until I leave to make arrangements for what my character will be 'doing' while I am away.  I believe I am giving sufficient time in advance to be considered fair and reasonable about this, and I will co-operate with the GM's suggestions, as long as they are similarly reasonable.

Thanks! :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

BaronConall

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 10:53:24 PM »
That's fine, Este. As I said, I would rather be made aware of these things to keep the RPG running smoothly.

Obviously I don't expect people to sacrifice their days to write character reactions to possible events that may or may not happen, this *is* supposed to be fun.

If you've let me know that you will be absent for a while, it's entirely up to you if you gve me permission to NPC your character in your absence. You also have tue option to PM me to let me know what actions would be in and out of character while they are an NPC, so that you will return to the same character you initially created.

However, if you disappear with no sign of if or when you may return for more than two days, than you run the risk of having your character NPC'd, with their character development left entirely up to the GM.

I hope this doesn't seem unreasonable to everyone.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 03:02:12 AM »
Nope, not at all. I'll be sure to give you a heads up when I'll be away. I'm fine with you NPC'ing Marty in my absence, so long as you don't make any drastic decisions.... I figure that's understood, though. If and when I go, I'll teach you how to babysit Marty!

And Gumby, I think that his comment in the RP thread was in-character. I'm pretty sure Gorillaman's posting from his phone, so I figure that's why most of the punctuation is missing.

Edit: Oh, and btw, I decided that Marty is African-American (not that that term would be relevant in the RP, most likely... ). I just felt the contrast of our characters was pretty cool, and wanted to add a little more variety to the human bunch. My appearance could come in handy... :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 05:01:44 AM by Santa Bear »

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 06:10:31 PM »

Scinalo: I'm not very comfortable with a time-travelling Arn. If he could time-travel, why didn't he save his race? I feel a lot more comfortable leaving any time/4th dimensional stuff in the hands of Ellimist and Crayak, who would both be GM'd as NPC if they ever were to appear.
Also, what war did he fight in? The Yeerk-Andalite war? That would make him over 80 years old, as the year is 2072. This would conflict directly with Hork-Bajir not being long-lived (especially since life-span is never established).

Good points. Although, I was referring to the war on Earth...I think... :-\

Hmm...well, no Arn could really have an effect on the Yeerks on his own, so his plan was to create a Hork-Bajir army back in time with him.

GM'd?

BaronConall

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »
GM'd as in Ellimist and Crayak only appearing at the decision of the GM (Me), mostly to prevent people from calling the Ellimist if something bad happens or if their character dies in order to bring them back to life.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
Aha.  ;)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2010, 12:32:52 AM »
Baron, I think you missed Chris asking Lee a question.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »
Wait so, what about my explanation of the Arn's time-travel? Is it sufficient? Or should I just drop it?

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2010, 11:52:21 AM »
By the way, if I post some weird name (Like I just did, Ix-Me) it's probably a Leeran god I'm making up.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

BaronConall

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2010, 04:56:01 PM »
I'd try something besides Arn Time-travel, personally. And try not to tweak your characters stats and genetics to much. Gene mods may be contemporary, but they would also be regulated.

Gymn, sorry, will rectify.

Post Merged: December 19, 2010, 05:33:20 PM
I'm letting Este, Seal and Scinalo choose what there human morphs look like in terms of hair, eye and skin colour, height, etc. These are essentially extensions of the characters you have created, so I'm leaving the creative control with you.

Post Merged: December 19, 2010, 06:10:23 PM
Additional Additional:

I feel that I should make people aware that I *DO* have an idea in my head as to what the Kelbrid will look like, but I feel it is my responsibility to let you know that my idea of Kelbrid appearance has always coincided with what another race in another sci-fi game looks like.

I must stress that they *WILL NOT* be the exact same species, if you are familiar with them if (or when) they appear. I *WILL* however, be compensating for my terrible artistic skill by using images already associated with this race, using them as the basis of the Kelbrid.

I must again stress that society, beliefs and alliances will not be a direct copy-paste affair. The only similarities will be appearance and biology.

(I can assure you that this isn't laziness or lack of creativity on my part, it's just how I've always seen the Kelbrid and I've always seen this race as fitting into the Animorphs universe quite well. Plus, if I wasn't creative we wouldn't have the growing story we have right now :P)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:10:23 PM by BaronConall »