Author Topic: Animorphs: Ressurection  (Read 33998 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
Re: Animorphs: Ressurection
« Reply #765 on: September 26, 2012, 11:33:58 PM »
Fisher just sighed irritably, then began drumming the table with his fingers. He turned back to the controller -he'd never thought he'd be talking to a controller- and said, with as much politeness as he could muster:

"Well, now that formalities are out of the way, is there any chance that us star-lost refugees might find some form of quarters, or a place to rest?"
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #766 on: September 27, 2012, 09:42:33 PM »
"Oh, there's definitely a need," Aya says with a nod. "As Terliss said, we command a pretty high price. It's not every day you find a Yeerk crazy enough to enter Andalite space. But it's useful. Definitely useful." She winks at Fisher.

"Right. Beds. Well, this is officially the largest room on the ship. I've got a bit of a room for myself, but it's really just a mattress shoved up against the wall. I can bring you some extra blankets and stuff, but otherwise you'll have to make yourself comfortable in here." She shrugs. "Sorry. We aren't used to visitors."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #767 on: October 01, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »
Fisher was becoming more acutely aware of how tired he was. And as the exhaustion mounted, and as his learned more and more how hopeless the situation sounded, he slowly stopped caring as much. He on this ship, like it or not. They weren't going to be overtaking it anytime soon, and odds were they'd sleep unmolested for a while. With a slight mental shrug, he leaned back and faced Aya.

"Sure, toss me a wrap. I'm ready for some sleep."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #768 on: October 01, 2012, 09:45:17 PM »
Reli backed up against the nearest wall and settled into the typical Andalite half-sleep: standing upright, tail coiled against her back, stalk eyes lazily sweeping the room and taking turns opening and closing while the main eyes stayed closed.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #769 on: October 02, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »
Aya strides over to the same wall that held the food rations and opens a larger compartment, pulling out a small pile of neatly folded, but well-worn blankets. "Have at them," she says, placing the pile on the table. "I'll be in to check on you in the morning. Or, you know, what passes for morning out here." She winks at Fisher. "Don't get into any trouble, alright? I'd hate to end this pleasant meeting prematurely."

She gives the room one more sweeping look, then nods, seemingly satisfied, and turns with a little wave. As soon as she crosses into the next room the door slides shut behind her,  locking the visitors into the room.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #770 on: October 02, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
Fisher grabbed a blanket, tossed it over himself, pitched his head back, and began sawing logs. Training Earth's first space warriors had created a need to impress the Andalites with how tough humans were, so they had forced them to sleep all over the place back in training. In trees, in chairs, on tables, on the ground, anywhere. And after a few days of being interstellar refugees, pretty much anywhere was good for sleeping. Fisher was hard asleep in seconds.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw