Author Topic: Animorphs: Ressurection  (Read 33966 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Animorphs: Ressurection
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 10:36:32 PM »
Having been invited to the thread, I find I am interested in joining. For the beginning luck and willpower values for my character, I request that the GM roll on my behalf, thereby removing any personal bias I could possibly include in my profile. :)

We have an abundance of human characters, so if nobody has objections, I wish to play an Andalite for this game.
Played by Estelore

Name: Arhareli-Winwall-Ajaht (pronounce it AR-uh-RELL-ee; Reli as a short form)
Appearance: She is a tall, lean-figured Andalite female with a musculature that could be compared to the Akhal-Teke horses of Earth. Her fur is a dark indigo shot with green undertones; her eyes are amber.  She has a long tail with the short triangular blade typical of female Andalites.

Practice/1st Morph: Kafit Bird
Battle Morph:
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Species: Andalite
Willpower:
Luck:

Bio: Granddaughter of exhibition tail-fighter Ajaht-Litsom-Esth, Arhareli was raised to be proficient at tail-fighting and with the use of a handheld Shredder weapon.  She is a gifted marksman, and her tail-fighting abilities are on par with male Andalite soldiers, and she certainly surpasses the skills of civilian Andalites at tail-fighting.  However, she only possesses one morph, the Kafit Bird, and while she is able as an Andalite to morph somewhat faster than a human of the same amount of experience and under the same stressors, she is not particularly skilled at morphing in an absolute sense. That being said, she heavily prefers to use her tail and ranged weapons, and would only morph as a matter of concealment, survival, or logistics.
Arhareli subscribes to the Andalites' primary nature-and-science-based religion; she frowns on public displays of emotion, and prizes logic and precision of thought.  However, she is not above emotion, and she is hardly fearless; in times of fear she reverts to her training and beliefs to suppress the temptation to panic.
She finds Hork-Bajir to be fascinating and an "ideal" species in terms of their symbiosis with any environment in which they live.  She values human artistic creations, but she looks down on their technology and the manner in which they have historically treated their planet and other species on Earth.
She does not leave home without her Shredder, and on the same utility belt she keeps a very small portable Escafil Device.

((I suppose it might be plot-helpful for me to keep that particular item handy. ;) ))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:38:36 PM by Estelore »
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

BaronConall

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:38 PM »
Wow! Sudden 'splosion of interest! :)

Okay, I'll add the Luck  and Willpower straight away, Estelore.

Terenia, that sounds fine, I'm glad to have peaked your attention :)

Quick question:  Can another species be morph-capable?  I was thinking of being a Leeran to add some variety, but that would exclude me from most of the RP if I couldn't morph.  [/color]

Yes, other species will be morph capable. I won't be restricting to humans and Andalites. Leerans and Hork-Bajir will be allowed to morph, too.

Keep in mind that if you do RP a Leeran, you will lose all psychic abilities while in morph, which will also mean that your bonus +4 to Luck will be deducted as well, since the +4 bonus is based on your ability to read your enemies mind to know if, how and when they will attack.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 11:04:54 PM »
Yay! Thanks for joining Este!
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 11:06:27 PM »
Could I RP a non-morphing human, a soldier, a marine with a gun? And who are we warring anyway?
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

BaronConall

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
Also, if I may make a suggestion, Este?

With the Escafil Device being such highly guarded and regulated Andalite tech, you may also want to add in to your bio why or how your character came to be entrusted with a minturized version (that is, of course, unless you intend to explain so in-game) :)

Post Merged: December 14, 2010, 11:09:42 PM
Gumby, that's entirely possible.

And all will be revealed in-game. Including if or how certain or all characters become morph capable.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:09:42 PM by BaronConall »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 11:11:59 PM »
Since I don't know what situation we will initially encounter in-game, I figured I would put that into the exposition portion(s) of my first post(s), as soon as the Escafil Device becomes plot-relevant.  For instance, a character could directly ask my character how/why she has the morphing cube, and based on the scenario-of-the-moment, I could give an appropriate answer in dialogue.

Is that acceptable?

If the cube in Arhareli's possession never becomes plot-relevant, then I can simply edit it out of her bio.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »
Chris will most likely ask if it is an escafil device as soon as he get a glimpse of it. He is into Yeerk war history after all.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

BaronConall

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 11:17:26 PM »
That sounds fine to me :)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 11:20:55 PM »
Sent you a PM, Baron.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 11:23:03 PM »
Awesome! I'm actually intensely jazzed about this game.  This is the first time I've been this excited about an impending text-RPG since O.MAAS.  I enjoy M.C.C.F., but it's difficult to build much momentum with only three (currently very IRL-busy) players.

Hmn... I just had a thought...

M.C.C.F. never was given a specific date or timeline. We just know it is post-ani-war.

It also has a character named Shaun.

This is throwing a lot of potential confusion into the mix, but... would anybody be interested in building either a cross-over or a continuity between the two RPGs?
I'm not saying that any character, location, timeline, or event would need to be taken strictly from the canon/timeline of the other RPG, just that "past" events from one could be referenced in the other.

*shrug* Meh, that's likely more trouble than it is worth.  No worries. :)
I rather enjoy speculating, if you'd not noticed. :P

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »
Name: Jonathan Fisher
Appearance: Tall, stocky and solid frame. He has tanned skin with military length light brown hair. He has few visible wounds, just a few small scars with the exception of a large blotch-like portion of scar tissue on his back, a reminder of a close encounter with a dracon beam fired by a smuggler

Primary Weapon: HK66 9mm Assault Rifle
Sidearm: TR9 .44 automatic pistol

Species: Human

Willpower: 9
Luck: 8

Bio: His child hood was an interesting one. He had nearly gotten himself expelled after he started hunting down school yard bullies and beating them to a pulp. He was an avid hunter, and got a firearms license at the age of twelve, and bought his first gun at fourteen, though it was actually his uncle getting him the gun because he was under aged and Jonathan paying his uncle.

His father served in the Marines which inspired Fisher to do likewise. He enlisted when he was sixteen, lying about his age to get in. He was found out, and kicked out until he was old enough. Getting back in when he was eighteen he passed the physical and proved to be excellent leading a small fireteam. He was soon transferred out on a long range frigate patrol and later stationed on a small colony world where he is today.

Fireteam Zulu: (Soldiers under Fisher's command)

Private First Class Carl Baxter, riflemen: A heavy set man in his mid-twenties with a bull-dog like body and attitude, he’s always ready to do whatever they to do. A born scrapper, he’s spent time in the cooler for boxing down enlisted men before.

Private First Class Mason Johan, riflemen: A rather thin, reedy looking man, Johan looks like a gust of wind will blow him away. But beneath the weak looking frame, he’s actually quite strong. An ex-basketball player from high school he is rather tall and can reach what others cannot.

Private First Class Joseph Ben-David, CQB: A big boxy man in his twenties, Ben-David was born on Earth in the country of Israel. He spent much of his childhood hunting, becoming quite adept with weaponry before many his age.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:09:39 AM by Deck the Halls with pounds of Gumby! »
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

BaronConall

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »
Also, I'm adding a new rule that I only just realised I had lapsed on.

While it's obvious to most Role-Players, it isn't to others.
No meta-gaming. This means that if you're off-planet and the rest of the characters have a conversation or a situation occurs, you cannot somehow know or 'sense' these things unless you are specifically brought up to speed. If you as the player reads or learns something, you must take into consideration that your character does not know this yet, and must play so accordingly.

The only exception to this rule are those playing or morphing Leerans. And this is *only* while in your Leeran form. If anyone does RP or morph a Leeran and wants to know what a player or NPC is playing, direct you queries to me, the GM.

I will then ask the player for the information you are attempting to retrieve and send you the players (or NPC's) response by PM in the interests of Role Playing and immersion, so as to make it privvy information to share at your own volition and to lessen the chances of meta-gaming.

but... would anybody be interested in building either a cross-over or a continuity between the two RPGs?
I'm not saying that any character, location, timeline, or event would need to be taken strictly from the canon/timeline of the other RPG, just that "past" events from one could be referenced in the other.

If you're willing to PM me to bring me up to speed on the M.C.C.F plot and universe, I can see if it fits with continuity and the idea I'm hatching and can consider if it's a possiblity.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
Would anybody object to me starting an OOC thread for this RPG?
We are beginning to have quite a collection of players, and I'm in a spot of quasifree time right now; I'm wanting to make a single post listing each player's characters and NPCs, no-profiles-just-name-and-species.

Basically, it would be a quick-reference for me and anybody else participating, to keep track of who is in play.

If a character dies, I can go back to the first post of that thread and mark "died on page ___ of game thread".

I could also use that thread to make a table-of-contents style timeline of the game, listing major events and what page they occur. Since one can fairly easily foresee periods of inactivity for me starting next semester, I think it's also pretty easy to understand why I'd want to be able to keep track of the long-term movements of plot within the thread.

All in favour?

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »
Bear invited me to join, and this looks like a lot of fun. Sure, count me in! :)
I've been busy and will be busier shortly, but I can usually make it online at least once a day.

Name: Jim Thompson
Appearance: Tall and lean, with dark hair and eyes. He's not particularly athletic.

Practice/1st Morph:
Battle Morph:
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Species: Human
Willpower:
Luck:
(Please roll for me, Baron)

Bio: Jim lives with his parents and two younger brothers in (whatever city this RP is set in). He is quiet and reserved, but has a bold and even aggressive streak that tends to show up at unexpected moments.
He enjoys and does well with technology, and plans to attend college for a technology degree.
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

BaronConall

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2010, 12:02:56 AM »
I'm in favour of that, Este :)

Post Merged: December 15, 2010, 12:04:24 AM
Also, Gumby, what are the relations of Ben-Davie, Johan and Baxter to your character?

Post Merged: December 15, 2010, 12:21:23 AM
ADDITIONAL:

**CHARACTER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED**

Pending Terenia's response as to whether she will be joining, no other characters will be created.
We no have seven player characters.

Depending on Terenia's response, we may have eight.

Thank you everyone for your interest and choosing to play this RP with me :)

The Ressurection will begin as soon as we have confirmation/withdrawl from Terenia :)

Also, to all those playing, I ask that you please check your PM boxes once the game commences. You **WILL** be recieving a letter that will be relevant in-game!

EDIT:
Since Twelve Seals also expressed interest (and before Terenia :P) I will be making an exception and allowing her to become a ninth player chracter, should she decide to join.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:32:19 AM by BaronConall »