Author Topic: Animorphs: Ressurection  (Read 34006 times)

BaronConall

Animorphs: Ressurection
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:13:31 PM »
Ok, this is basically the Animorphs Reborn RPG that I volunteered to GM. I changed the title and storyline since it wasn't my creation to take over. Here's the basics:

I feel I should tell you all, if I do take this on, I may be inclined to incorporate a D20 system in order to guide plot and determne success of planned attacks and inentions (such apps can be found for iTouch or iPhone or even online if no-one has any 4,6,8,10,12 or 20 sided dice).

I won't be going nuts with the D20 system (no one will have to create character sheets, everyone basically has the same level of strength and health which would only differ with the morph you're in). I will also allow people to choose whether they are Human, Andalite, Hork-Bajir or Leeran and the only real things I'd ask people to roll for is Willpower and Luck.

Willpower will tie directly into how quickly you can morph and aquire and Luck in battle is self-explanatory.

I will also allow for more characters with a maximum of 8 players. (Not including me)

Also, please keep in mind that I have never GM'd before, so you may need to bear with me in some areas.

Other than that, if you have an interest in playing, we'll restart the character applications from scratch and I also ask that you send me a message to express interest.

New Character Creation will look as such: (Note that there will be no morphs listed until you actually aquire them, so all morph fields will stay blank in the interest of Role Playing)

Name:
Appearance:

Practice/1st Morph:
Battle Morph:
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Species:
Willpower:
Luck:

Andalites will have a +2 racial bonus to Willpower.

Hork-Bajir will have the racial bonus "Help of the Ellimist" resulting in a +2 Luck modifier.

Leerans will have the racial bonus "I'm in your head", resulting in a +4 Luck modifier but can be injured easier in their Leeran form. All Leerans lose this bonus while in morph.

Humans have no bonuses.

Luck and Willpower start at a base of 5 and can be no lower. To establish Luck and Willpower, a D10 is rolled and the number rolled  is then added to the base number for a maximum of 15. The highest possible Luck/Willpower is 20, with the additional 5 points being added through racial bonuses or in-game situations. (eg. The highest possible starting Luck a Leeran can start with is 19 but will immediately drop to 15 while in morph. The highest starting Willpower for an Andalite is 17, etc, etc).

Beginning plot device will be added shortly.

Offline gorillaman16

Re: Animorphs: Ressurection
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »
wait what is a D20?
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

BaronConall

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:51:16 PM »
WARNING: THIS PLOT CONTAINS SPOILERS TO THE ***ACTUAL*** ANIMORPHS SERIES!!!

Year Setting: 2072
Planet: Earth
Background: In the +70 years since the Yeerk-Andalite war and the Animorphs Liberation of Earth, public knowledge and acknowledgment of the war is on the same level as World War II during the early 2000's, something to be taught in history classes to students and acknowledged on Rememberance Day Celebrations.

The surviving Animorphs disappeared without a trace in early 2010, save for Cassie, who has since passed on due to old age, with the only memorials of their efforts being in the form of statues and the memorial site of their bombing of the Yeerk Pool.

Human civilization has taken to the stars, establishing colonies throughout their own solar system and select others, having established a strong foothold in the fields on extra-planetary Colonization and Galactic Communications. The Yeerks who did not willingly become nothlits have established a symbiotic race similar to the Iskoort, utilizing recovered Arn genetic-technology from the Hork-Bajir homeworld, becoming the foremost race in the field of genetic sciences.
The Hork-Bajir have long since liberated their homeworld and have an established society and state on Earth within Yellowstone Park and are the main authority on all things agricultural, having established a respected agricultural schooling system never known to the Hork-Bajir people in their history.

Leera has become recognized as center of galactic negotiations is much the same was as the U.N and Geneva during the days of Isolated Earth and morphing has become an even higher regulated technology, with less and less need for Galactic Espionage, save for some un-savoury Corporate elements on Earth.
Andalites have become recognized as the Galactic Superpower n this half of the galaxy with Earth having become one of their most trusted allies.
The Taxxon are now a true race of serpentine nothlits, their entire race having become utilized the frolis maneuver and Yeerk genetic technology to combine their Taxxon DNA with that of earth's snakes as a means of retaining their Taxxon appendages whilst removing their cannibalistic hunger, having become a content and peaceful race and the authority on galactic mining.

Half of the galaxy has been experiencing an era of peace long overdue, whilst the other half of the galaxy, commonly referred to as Kelbrid Space, remains shrouded in darkness and mystery.

Unbeknownst to one group, they are about to be hurled into a galaxy of exploration, danger and what has been unthinkable for nearly a decade: War.

Post Merged: December 11, 2010, 06:52:36 PM
wait what is a D20?

Similar to Dungeons & Dragons and other die based Roleplaying Games

Post Merged: December 11, 2010, 11:49:52 PM
I figured I'd outline some basic rules too. Basically, 3 strikes and you're out.

1) Be aware of your character. <Remember to use thought-speak if Andalite, Leeran or in morph.> "Also make sure to use quotation marks when talking as an applicable species with a mouth."

2) I am not a grammar nazi, but grammar is still important. The easier it is to read a sentence, the more immersive the game.

3) Try to post at least once per day. Once every two days at the very worst. If you will be unable to post for an extended time due to vacation, work, emergency or otherwise, please send me a message so I can explain your absence in-game.

4) No God-modding. While I will remain present and on the ball throughout this RPG, do not try to get away with things like "Flew across the room and decapitated Crayak with my tail-blade, somehow gaining his power!" This is common sense, but it still needs to be said.

5) Think before you act. While it may seem like that hostile Hork-Bajir is on his own, one slip could bring a host of Blue Bands down upon you. There is always the chance that you are one bad roll from character death, so treat your characters life as you do your own.

6) Write (and stick to) a brief biography on your character. Be mindful of how being able to morph would affect them and try to express that as best you can. If your character is shy, they may gain more confidence, even if it's just enough to ask someone out.

7) If you need to swear, keep it in context and to an absolute minimum. And nothing ridiculously offensive. The GM is always reading what you write. Better yet, try to make it so you swear in Galard.

8] Romance is always a possibility. Erotica is not.

9) Most importantly, have as much fun playing these new Animorphs as you did reading about the Originals.

10) NO META-GAMING

These rules are subject to modification and updating as required. You are responsible for you character and what they say/what you write.
Break these rules and your characters doors and windows will somehow all turn into Gleet Bio-Filters.

LIST OF CHARACTERS:

Played by BaronConall

Name: Lee
Appearance: 5' 7", slender build, caucasian, hazel eyes, brown hair, full beard.

Practice/1st Morph: Leeran
Battle Morph:
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph: Leeran

Species: Leeran
Willpower: 12 (Panic-mode morph in just under a minute and a half)
Luck: 17 (distrubingly Lucky)

Bio: Lee is an unpaid intern at one of the largest earth-based communication companies, GT&T (Galactic Telephone & Telegraph), working directly under company CEO, Tiberius Marx.
This in itself is strange, as Tiberius Marx is a man who refuses the assistance of a secretary, with Lee handling all associated affairs for the CEO. Lee is rarely seen away from the side of Tiberius and there is a long standing rumor that it was with Lee's assistance that Tiberius was able to become CEO of GT&T 5 years ago. An impossibility if you consider Lee would have barely been 16 years old at that time.

Lee tends to be soft spoken, but seems to carry great weight with his words when he does choose to talk.

Played by gorillaman16

Name: Shaun
Appearance: 5'7" Blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, clean shaved, handsome but not the best looking guy out there

Practice/1st Morph: Silverback Gorilla
Battle Morph: Silverback Gorilla
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Species: Human
Willpower: 14 (This means that, in full panic (ie. "MORPH, DAMMIT!!!") mode, Shaun can completely morph in just over a minute, as opposed to 2 minutes. Could almost be considered an Estreen.
Luck: 7 (Slightly above average)

Bio: Shaun's parents divorced when he was young. He doesn't see much of his dad anymore his mother is a hardworking woman who is never really home.
He is and average student and receives ok grades who is currently a junior just wanting to make new friends. One of his favorite thing to do is to help work with animals when he gets the chance. He has his license and can drive in his new car. He will step up as a leader of a group if necessary but would rather be second in command. Shaun is courageous and thinks of others before himself so he would risk himself instead of his friends.

Played by Cobra

Name: Chris Larson
Appearance: 5' 10", Solid build (slightly overweight), Gray-Green eyes, tries to be funny some times, is serious others. Usually has a neutral expression on his face.

Practice/1st Morph: Asiatic Lion
Battle Morph: Asiatic Lion
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Willpower: 9 (A panic-morph time of a minute and a half)
Luck: 14 (Constantly finding money in the street)

Bio: Chris is a mostly average Freshman in highschool. He has two parents, a younger sister, a dog, a rat, and some fish. He plays football and is working out because of that. One of his favorite subjects in school is the Yeerk war. He has a greater than average knowledge of the events of the war. He wishes he could do something heroic like the Animorphs did.

Played by SantaBear

Name: Marty Wells
Appearance: He's short compared to most of his peers, has dark brown – almost black – hair, lots of freckles on his cheeks and nose, and an average-ish build. He's into track, but he's not very good at it (he's never won a competition race, and didn't even make the team his senior year). Clean-shaven, hazel eyes, and is always wearing a smile.

Practice/1st Morph: Grey Wolf
Battle Morph: Grey Wolf
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Willpower: 7 (Panic-Mode morph in a minute-forty)
Luck: 8 (Occasionally hears his favourite song on the radio)

Bio: Marty has the average family: a mom, a dad,  a younger sister, and three dogs. They lived in the suburbs near (whatever town/city this is going to take place in/near), but now he attends a local university, in pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in Advanced Computer Engineering. Marty has always been fascinated by science and technology, especially the flood of new tech that's constantly coming in from Intergalactic trade and commerce, and he has a knack for understanding it. He makes friends wherever he goes, and never forgets the names of anyone he meets.

Played by Estelore

Name: Arhareli-Winwall-Ajaht (pronounce it AR-uh-RELL-ee; Reli as a short form)
Appearance: She is a tall, lean-figured Andalite female with a musculature that could be compared to the Akhal-Teke horses of Earth. Her fur is a dark indigo shot with green undertones; her eyes are amber.  She has a long tail with the short triangular blade typical of female Andalites.

Practice/1st Morph: Kafit Bird
Battle Morph: Bengal Tiger
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Species: Andalite
Willpower: 9 (Panic-mode morph in just over a minute and a half)
Luck:13 (Wins most of tail-fights)

Bio: Granddaughter of exhibition tail-fighter Ajaht-Litsom-Esth, Arhareli was raised to be proficient at tail-fighting and with the use of a handheld Shredder weapon.  She is a gifted marksman, and her tail-fighting abilities are on par with male Andalite soldiers, and she certainly surpasses the skills of civilian Andalites at tail-fighting.  However, she only possesses one morph, the Kafit Bird, and while she is able as an Andalite to morph somewhat faster than a human of the same amount of experience and under the same stressors, she is not particularly skilled at morphing in an absolute sense. That being said, she heavily prefers to use her tail and ranged weapons, and would only morph as a matter of concealment, survival, or logistics.
Arhareli subscribes to the Andalites' primary nature-and-science-based religion; she frowns on public displays of emotion, and prizes logic and precision of thought.  However, she is not above emotion, and she is hardly fearless; in times of fear she reverts to her training and beliefs to suppress the temptation to panic.
She finds Hork-Bajir to be fascinating and an "ideal" species in terms of their symbiosis with any environment in which they live.  She values human artistic creations, but she looks down on their technology and the manner in which they have historically treated their planet and other species on Earth.
She does not leave home without her Shredder, and on the same utility belt she keeps a very small portable Escafil Device.

Played by Ghost of Christmas Present

Name: Jim Thompson
Appearance: Tall and lean, with dark hair and eyes. He's not particularly athletic.

Practice/1st Morph: Polar Bear
Battle Morph: Polar Bear
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Willpower: 10 (Panic-mode morph in a minute and a half)
Luck: 13 (Never missed the bus. Ever.)

Bio: Jim lives with his parents and two younger brothers in (whatever city this RP is set in). He is quiet and reserved, but has a bold and even aggressive streak that tends to show up at unexpected moments.
He enjoys and does well with technology, and plans to attend college for a technology degree.

Played by Gumby

Name: Jonathan Fisher ::NOT MORPH-CAPABLE BY HIS OWN CHOICE::
Appearance: Tall, stocky and solid frame. He has tanned skin with military length light brown hair. He has few visible wounds, just a few small scars with the exception of a large blotch-like portion of scar tissue on his back, a reminder of a close encounter with a dracon beam fired by a smuggler

Primary Weapon: HK66 9mm Assault Rifle
Sidearm: TR9 .44 automatic pistol

Willpower: 9 (Panic-Mode morph in just over a minute and a half)
Luck: 8 (Doesn't believe in Luck)

Bio: His child hood was an interesting one. He had nearly gotten himself expelled after he started hunting down school yard bullies and beating them to a pulp. He was an avid hunter, and got a firearms license at the age of twelve, and bought his first gun at fourteen, though it was actually his uncle getting him the gun because he was under aged and Jonathan paying his uncle.

His father served in the Marines which inspired Fisher to do likewise. He enlisted when he was sixteen, lying about his age to get in. He was found out, and kicked out until he was old enough. Getting back in when he was eighteen he passed the physical and proved to be excellent leading a small fireteam. He was soon transferred out on a long range frigate patrol and later stationed on a small colony world where he is today.

Fireteam Zulu: (Soldiers under Fisher's command)

Private First Class Carl Baxter, riflemen: A heavy set man in his mid-twenties with a bull-dog like body and attitude, he’s always ready to do whatever they to do. A born scrapper, he’s spent time in the cooler for boxing down enlisted men before.

Private First Class Mason Johan, riflemen: A rather thin, reedy looking man, Johan looks like a gust of wind will blow him away. But beneath the weak looking frame, he’s actually quite strong. An ex-basketball player from high school he is rather tall and can reach what others cannot.

Private First Class Joseph Ben-David, CQB: A big boxy man in his twenties, Ben-David was born on Earth in the country of Israel. He spent much of his childhood hunting, becoming quite adept with weaponry before many his age.

Played by Horesefan/Seal

Name: Mesa-Teern, Mesa for short
Appearance: "Normal" Leeran, yellow, frog-like creature with four tentacles, large green eyes, and a rounded head.  What makes her different from other Leerans is a pattern of light brown speckles down her back.  

Practice/1st Morph: Indian Leopard
Battle Morph: Indian Leopard
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph: None (Leerans are amphibians)

Species: Leeran
Willpower: 11 (Panic-Mode morph in under a minute and a half)
Luck: 16 (Needs to visit Vegas)

Bio: Mesa was always a curious Leeran.  She was born, strangely, alone on one of the few islands on Leera, where the Leerans laid their eggs.  She was born all alone, which made her naturally curious about the world.  She eventually got to civilization and learned all of the Leeran customs, but she still wanted to know more.  Eventually, she managed to get to Earth, an intergalactic hub.  It was also rumored that there were millions of species already on Earth without the visitors!  However, once she got there, most people avoided her due to the whole mind-reading thing--and got freaked out by how she looked--so Mesa left the city she was wandering around, lost and confused on.  She got to a secluded little place for her to live.  She now lives in a large pond in a forest.  There's a river leading to the ocean, so she can get there whenever she wants to swim around someplace bigger.  And it was within range of some humans, so she could hear their thoughts and learn more about them.  
Mesa is rather reckless due to her curiosity--she can't help investigating something if it isn't something she knows about.  However, if something scares her, she usually gets out of there quick.  She speaks with the usual stilted form of English for Leerans, and shares the same secrecy, though she isn't aware of it.

Played by Terenia

Name: Reyna Jackson
Appearance: Reyna is absolutely average in appearance. She is about 5'5" tall, with dirty blonde hair that falls to her shoulders in no particular style. Her eyes are brown and her skin standard caucasian. She is neither an eyesore nor anything special to look at.

Practice/1st Morph: Arctic Wolf
Battle Morph: Arctic Wolf
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Willpower: 15 (Panic-mode morph in a minute-fifteen)
Luck: 11 (Passes exams she hasn't really studied for)

Bio: Reyna has a rather interesting history. Her great-grandparents, both now deceased, were participants in the original Yeerk war on Earth. They were Imperial Yeerks who, after given no other options, chose to become nothlits. As human nothlits they procreated, giving birth to Reyna's grandfather who in turn fathered her mother. Reyna's grandparents were staunch believers in upholding Yeerk traditions, viewing the Yedd race as traitors to their kind and the other nothlits (most of whom are now deceased) as victims of mass genocide.

As a result of being raised in this culture, Reyna comes off as a bit awkward. She was home-schooled through middle and high school and while her parents are not as extremist as her grandparents they still believe in upholding certain traditions, such as fasting every three days in remembrance of their past dependence on Kandrona. Through the stories that Reyna's grandparents and great-grandparents would tell in her youth, Reyna developed a keen interest in history. She is currently attending community college, with the intent of going on to a university for a degree in Earth and Extraterrestrial History, with an emphasis on the Yeerk/Andalite War.

Played by Scinalo

Name: Kage
Appearance: 5' 11", 2 horns(Deformation)

Practice/1st Morph: Northwestern Gray Wolf
Battle Morph: Northwestern Gray Wolf
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Species: Hork-Bajir
Willpower: 15 (Panic-Mode morph in a minute-fifteen)
Luck: 9 (rarely has a blade-accident)

Bio: Kage is a Seer from the Hork-Bajir homeworld who recently stumbled upon neglected Arn genetic technology. As a Seer on the homeworld, he saw it as the key to restoring his planet and boosting the intelligence of his people so that, one day, all Hork-Bajir may be Seers.

Unfortunately, while trying to understand the tech, Kage accidentally become exposed to a poorly constructed genetic sample, stunting the growth of one horn, but also increasing his Hork-Bajir eyesight (which is usually worse than a humans) as well as his adrenal system, meaning he can push yourself harder for longer when in full panic/adrenaline mode. The problem with this is that he feels heavily drained once the adrenaline boost wears off.

At the invitation of Tiberi, Kage finds himself at GT&T. In return for his help, Kage has been offered payment in the form of training and an understanding of the genetic technology to help Kage return his homeworld into a lush, jungle world, and also unlock the true cognitive potential of the Hork-Bajir people.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:55:01 PM by BaronConall »

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:41:46 AM »
ok this sounds like fun even though i dont completely understand

Name:Shaun
Appearance:5foot 7 blue eyes dirty blonde hair shaved handsome but not the best looking guy out there

Practice/1st Morph:
Battle Morph:
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Species:human
Willpower:
Luck:
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...

BaronConall

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 12:53:47 AM »
Okie dokie :)
I can help you with a random roll to figure out your Willpower and Luck :)

*rolls* 0.o Wow... Okay, 9, so your Willpower 14. That's a really good roll 0.o

*rolls* Huh. Guess it balances out. A roll of 2 for a total of 7 Luck, so you have slightly above average luck. I'll add all this to a list of current characters. Were you wanting to add a history/biography for Shaun?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:55:27 AM by BaronConall »

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 01:04:32 AM »
I may join. I'm not sure.

Name: Chris Larson
Appearance: 5' 10", Solidly built (slightly overweight), Gray-Green eyes, tries to be funny some times, is serious others. Usually has a neutral expression on his face.

Practice/1st Morph:
Battle Morph:
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph:

Willpower:
Luck:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:07:23 AM by Cobra »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

BaronConall

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »
I'll add you to the list and we can see how much you like it :)

*rolls* A 4, so a willpower of 9

*rolls* Good lord... 9, so a Luck of 14

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 01:26:36 AM »
um yeah ill do a biography

Shauns parents split up when he was little and doesnt see his dad much anymore his mom is a hardworking lady and is never really home.His schoolwork is ok and he gets ok grades hes a junior and really just wants to make new friends. His favorite thing to do is to help work with animals when he gets the chance. He has his license and can drive in his new car. He will step up as a leader of a group if necessary but would rather be second in command. he is courageous and thinks of others before himself so he would risk himself instead of his friends.

Post Merged: December 12, 2010, 01:35:33 AM
do i need a certain type of die for this?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:35:33 AM by gorillaman16 »

BaronConall

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 01:47:12 AM »
Only a 10 sided die for the initial Willpower/Luck stuff, after that, no.

I can take care of the rest on this side of the RPG as the GM :)

Basically, you write what you intend to do.

eg. I look to Chris and scream to him <GET DOWN!!!>
I take off running toward the Hork-Bajir, claws extended and fangs bared.
At the last minute, I leap for it's throat.

NOW, what *I* would then do on my end is roll a 20 sided die, take into consideration how lucky you are, and then respond as such.

(If the Hork-Bajir rolls a 4 for Luck and you roll a 20 [the best you can get])
The Hork-Bajir slashes at your throat with his wrist blade, but swings too early, his blade singing over your head as you lunge, throwing him off balance.
The full weight off your Tiger morph knocks him to the ground, your jaws around his throat.

From there, it's your turn to respond again. Do you kill him? Do you hold him there so you can question him? At that point, he's at your mercy, which means I won't need to roll for Luck again. That doesn't mean he'll be very forthcoming with his information, though :P
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:49:14 AM by BaronConall »

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 01:59:29 AM »
ok so i only need a 10 sided die to determine my willpower and luck?

BaronConall

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 02:02:20 AM »
Yep. I already made a random roll for you, but if you want to re-roll it for yourself, you can :)

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 02:14:38 AM »
no im ok with what i have and what do i use the 10 sided die for during the game

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 02:35:19 AM »
I really like the idea behind this RP, particularly the part about the dice roll deciding the outcome. (I've never played Dungeons and Dragons or anything of that sort....) That format of RP'ing is new to me, and I'd love to give it a shot, or at least watch as you guys do it. The only problem is that I'm already in four other RP's and I'm playing in the new round of Animafia, so I'm pretty busy. If I play, I'd be able to post at least once a day for sure, generally speaking. I'm really tempted to be something other than human, since I'm always human (go figure), but I/we would have to find a smart way for me to interact with everyone else early on in the game. Lemme think about it for a little while, and I'll make a decision by tomorrow or Monday at the latest (how soon are you starting?).

And btw, I found one of those online dice rollers for y'all. [spoiler]http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks1/maths/dice/[/spoiler] It does 6 to 12 sided dice.

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 03:01:39 AM »
thanks

BaronConall

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 01:33:04 PM »
No problem, Santa (that sounds... Different)

There's always the possibility of you playing an intel gathering character whos off gathering info, or something like that.

Gorilla, you can use the 10 sided die to help with decision making. Think of 1 as 10%, 2 as 20%, etc, all the way up to 100%. It's like flipping a coin.

"Should I lunge at his throat?" *rolls* "A six. Sixty percent chance that this is a good idea, forty percent that I have a death wish. I'll take those odds."

Of course, you don't *have* to do this, it just gives you the option.