Author Topic: Without the War...  (Read 883 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Without the War...
« on: December 09, 2010, 03:41:41 PM »
     I spoted a discussion about what the Animorphs would have done--in terms of occupation--if the war never happened. And it got me thinking. Imagine a world where the Yeerks never made it to Earth. Let's say they were defeated--or at least restricted to certain parts of space-- after Elfangor returned from Earth (so Tobias can still exist in this hypothetical universe). Here's what I think would happen:

Jake: I see Jake as the type of person who peaks after high school. He gets married (but not to Cassie) right out of college and has his 2.5 kids. I also see him working a so-so job as a regional manager at some company. He has a pretty decent looking wife, and always plays basketball with his kids--and always loses to them. He visits Tom during the holidays, but never moves out of his old home town.

Rachel: With her type of personality, I see Rachel as never getting married or having kids. To me, she seems like the "one night stand" sort of person, when she isn't working at her law firm. She loses touch with Naomi and the girls, and moves out of her home town.

Tobias: I actually see Tobias working as an author, or doing something in the arts. Actually, I imagine that he publishes a sci-fi series about kids morphing into Animals to save the world :P He's pretty successful. He gets married, but it doesn't work out. He never has kids, but moves out of his home town, away from his uncle--and much further away from his aunt. He grows after high school, but he never loses that quality that makes him Tobias.

Post Merged: December 09, 2010, 03:48:35 PM
     Cassie: Gets married. Squeezes out a few kids. Works as a vet... more or less what happens to her after book 54.

Marco: I don't know...picture a grown up Marco. I guess he leaves home. Maybe he gets a job as an engineer, or something. He probably didn't go to college, given his grades. I also don't see him getting married, either. He might end up like Rachel; having a few relationships that go no where. He deffinitely does not become as successful as he does in book 54, not without the war.

Ax: If the war never happened, I doubt Ax would have made it to Prince Status. He may have been a Warrior, but that's it. He might do some "Andalite things" (meaning I have no idea what occupations the Andalite world provide) and get married.

David: David would probably mooch off his parents for as long as he can. His dad might get him a position in government, but I see David as someone constantly thinking up "get rich quick" schemes. He might eventually move out, but not until his parents kick him out.

James: He might become an advocate for the disabled. Maybe he'll start up an organization like MADD, if he was injured in a car accident, or something. He might have gotten married to a physio-therapist--sort of a "Florence Nightengale" relationship.

Melissa: Pretty much like Jake. She'll have a few kids. She'lll work at a pretty decent job that lacks any sort of glamour, but pays the bills.

Erek: Pretty much doing what he's been doing since the Pyramids were built :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:48:35 PM by TobiasMasonPark »
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate