Author Topic: Some Rachel Questions  (Read 2133 times)

Offline wolfev

Some Rachel Questions
« on: July 27, 2008, 12:52:06 AM »
Would you all have liked to see Rachel the same tough way she was in the beginning and slowly go a step too far or would you rather the series was a not so wimpy but still kinda lame afraid Rachel like nice Rachel slowly transition to the crazy person she is in the end? I think that might have been more interesting watching an innocence be corrupted than having Rachel have been always on the verge of mayhem in the begging. Oh also, in book 22 was Rachel really crying or was she faking it?
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Some Rachel Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:02:15 AM »
the first question: no, I liked how it really went.

the second question: I'm not sure. I can't fake cry to save my life, but I don't know if other people can, so I dont know.

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:46:02 AM »
I liked how it went as well..

Second question..she was playing the role of the defeated broken down girl; I personally don't think she planned to cry, but did so just because of the stress she'd been put through over the whole David problem, not directly because of David.

I know that doesn't really make sense, but you know how sometimes you just cry or feel like crying over something you normally wouldn't, just coz you've had a bad week or whatever? That's how i see it.
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline ThermalRider

• Workin' Them Angels
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:22:28 AM »
I liked how things went in the series, but it would have been interesting to see her toe the line a bit more, although I don't see her intentionally doing it.

As far as the second question, I think she faked it. I don't think that Rachel would cry in that situation. I think she would fly into some sort of rage. So I think it was part of the act.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »
I don't mind how it went, with Rachel getting more and more into the battle. Although, I never once thought that she was too far gone to not be able to recover during peace times. I think the ghostwriters tried to make it seem that way, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »
I think that Cassie was the nice girl who slowly transitioned, obviously not into a  crazy Mean Rachel-type, but did become a bit more hardened and ruthless.  Well, everyone did, in a sense.  Like in #32 when Nice Rachel realizes that everyone has a Mean and Nice part of them, and in her the Mean part was just growing and growing.  So it is more interesting, imho, that Rachel was a bit tougher than the others from the start.

Okay, I'm totally incoherent today, but hopefully that made some sense.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
I couldn't picture Rachel any other way, especially since the team needed a gung ho member. As a side note, I thought The Familiar really portrayed Cassie and Rachel well.
Until then we fight.