Author Topic: #56: The Eightfold Path (Fanfic)  (Read 958 times)

Offline toya

• Banned
#56: The Eightfold Path (Fanfic)
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »

My name is Rachel. Seeing as I don't have time to explain much, here is what you need to know. I've made a terrible mistake. This thing that I've done, it has made everything we've fought for pointless, thought I believe I made a difference. It is utterly so bad, Marco jokes that only I could have done it. It's unfortunate that this time, he is right. This was no time for fun and games however. The hunt was on. <It makes me sick. I don't even get a chance to enjoy being alive,here we are, still doing our shtick. Do I live to fight?> No anwser. I forgot the others were still humans and could not answer me (I had morphed a mole). Digging for what at the time I thought was the Time Matrix, a legendary artifact which allows its users the power of God himself, I was surprised that all I found was a ratty old book. I quickly thought nothing of it and ignored it, when suddenly The Elimist yelled into my mind. { Take the Libram.} I must admit I had no idea what he was going on about. I figured he must have finally lost his mind, and I proceeded to continue digging, when he said it again. <The what?>{The Libram. OH DEAR LORD, HUMAN, THE BOOK! Why am I helping you again?} <Because,> I said, <our little games are so amusing you can't help but interfere.> I dearly wished he could hear the anger in my voice, but as I realized the Elimist was barely capable of comprehending human thought, I figured for our sake I should keep this as simple as possible. Of course, it wouldn't be simple. Of course, the artifact wasn't here. Of course this whole thing was going to get dragged out and made a big mess of. So I kept it simple. I took the book. Little did I know, I had just taken the First Path...

Post Merged: November 18, 2010, 09:22:38 AM
  Now's a good time to explain a few not-so-obvious things. The Path I'm referring to is the First of Eight, a series of security measures implemented to prevent any old whippersnappers from using the Time Matrix. The Elimist failed to mention that, however, leaving us poor Animorphs stuck with no Matrix, and no options. This thing is capable of far more than just time travel. It can give you the power of God himself. You can completely obliterate life, or create it out of seeming nothingness. You can make an infinite amount of universes, and even duplicate the Matrix itself, although I can't see why anyone would do it, one is enough trouble. We were able to make use of it before, due to the influence of the Elimist, but now that it had served its purpose, it was put back where it was. Which, as it stands we had no idea where "it" even was. Seeing as how the Elimist was a god, or is, I don't know how it works, he can get it whenever he likes, but mortals must follow the Path set by the Elder Gods, of whom he did not speak of much. That stupid book I found earlier is supposed to be some sort of map to the Time Matrix, but its kind of hard to make out. Thank god for Andalites, I thought, as Ax was explaining what the writing in the book said. < It says we must venture into the Occularis Infernum to obtian the Visual Map. I'm not sure what that may mean, Rachel. > "Occularis.... I think that's Latin," Cassie said. " it means eye. Eye of..." Oh boy, this just keeps getting better and better, I thought. It was pretty obvious what Ax said next.<Infernum means "hell". So we go to the Eye of Hell to get this visual map. Jeez...> I laughed out loud, seeing Ax use a human expression, and also to hide my fear. Eye of Hell? What in the world could that possibly be? Where? How? How would we even find it, go in, and locate the Second Path?

Post Merged: November 18, 2010, 02:58:21 PM
I decided to do things as Jake would. Jake. As soon as my fears threatened to consume me, you were always there for me. To protect me, to guide me. I had to keep sight of the mission, so that's what was going through my mind as I started dishing out orders. No one argued. Cassie and Marco didn't want to be the leader, and Ax couldn't be a human for more than two hours at a time,so he was out. Tobias... wasn't leadership material. So it was my duty, if you will, to step up to the plate. I had often sacrificed my sanity to protect them, becoming "what they needed" to take care of David. I suppose it's no secret that I enjoy killing but hey, I served in the Yeerk-Human war for three years. I fought and even died to save millions of people I don't even know, and here I am searching  for the only thing that can save the soul of my cousin from the Crayak. I think I derserve a normal, happy life. The plan was simple. We get the Chee to fill in for us at home, find the other pieces of the Eight, and locate the Time Matrix. Then we'd use it to stop the Yeerks from even meeting Seerow, preventing everything , and then eliminate Crayak from existance. Sounded good, but when it came down to it, much harder than anything we could anticipate. In my head I was laughing with manic glee. Hell i thought, even Death couldn't keep me down. Neither would Crayak.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:58:21 PM by toya »