Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222219 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5895 on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:59 AM »
Hmmm...well that would depend upon the timeline I suppose.  If Salem had come to the homeworld within a couple of years of Ossanlin's deployment, Siruvan would've still been a student.  In fact, Siruvan would've only been graduated for about a year by the time Ossanlin became a War-Prince and a Captain at that.  Immediately after his graduation, Siruvan became an assistant Tail Fighting instructor at the Academy.  A couple of years after that, Kirun retired from Academy instruction.  He still fights in tournaments now and again, but he's getting on in years.  When he retired from the Academy, Siruvan took over as the head Tail Fighting instructor.  The Academy doesn't allow him to teach Ken-Kara (Ossanlin's style with swords), but he has a couple of students who take lessons from him outside of Academy-sponsored class who are studying the form with him.  Swords aren't allowed in tournament fighting, but the Ken-Kara forms can be used without them to great effect.

Anyway...yeah...fro m Ossanlin's graduation up to 2 years or so, Siruvan was still a student.  From +2 to +4-5 years or so, he was an Assistant Instructor, and from +4-5 years or so to present, he's been the head Tail Fighting instructor at the Academy.  As such, his notoriety (and any relationship he might have had with Salem), would be different depending upon Salem's time-frame for his Homeworld stay.

I would love to compose a response tonight, but I need to get to sleep so I can get up for work tomorrow (today for most ppl).  So it'll have to wait a bit.

Also...Salem doesn't want to be a "homeless drifter," yet wants to keep the device that allows him to be a homeless drifter on a literally infinite scale...  >_>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
« Reply #5896 on: December 16, 2017, 09:10:05 AM »
Checking in, looking forward to joining the RP when my post is approved.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5897 on: December 16, 2017, 12:01:00 PM »
I don't think you need posts approved to join this RP. X] This Roleplay is basically just a bunch of aging Animorphs fans enjoying writing about Andalites and Yeerks. ?

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
« Reply #5898 on: December 16, 2017, 12:22:09 PM »
My first post was there and apparently a moderator needs to sign off on it.
Edit: Ended up copy and pasting.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:36:08 PM by Declann203 »

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #5899 on: December 16, 2017, 01:19:02 PM »
Welcome! My characters are Morgan and Julian. Morgan is a minotaur and Julian is minotaur-like (horse based instead of bull). I'll post about them in the history thread. They've been bouncing around a while.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5900 on: December 17, 2017, 04:50:33 AM »
Welcome Declann.  ^^  I hope you enjoy your stay with us.  :p  My RL name is Luke, so if you hear anyone referring to "Luke" here in the OOC thread, it's probably me.  :p
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
« Reply #5901 on: December 17, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »
Kinda funny, my character is named Luke. He'll probably just go by Smith though.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5902 on: December 22, 2017, 09:04:29 PM »
*pokes Dino and Myitt*

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5903 on: December 27, 2017, 11:54:46 PM »
Good grief, y'all, I am so sorry I've been so absent. This month has been kicking my butt. I still love you all!

Anyway, my post for Salem is up now. I'll have Al join those of you inside the bar if we don't hear from Dino fairly soon.

Declann: an extremely late welcome to the bar! I am loving your character and your writing so far- I, too, hope you decide to stick around, in spite of the current snail's pace in here ^_^

*also pokes Dino and Myitt*

Hmmm...well that would depend upon the timeline I suppose.  If Salem had come to the homeworld within a couple of years of Ossanlin's deployment, Siruvan would've still been a student.  In fact, Siruvan would've only been graduated for about a year by the time Ossanlin became a War-Prince and a Captain at that.  Immediately after his graduation, Siruvan became an assistant Tail Fighting instructor at the Academy.  A couple of years after that, Kirun retired from Academy instruction.  He still fights in tournaments now and again, but he's getting on in years.  When he retired from the Academy, Siruvan took over as the head Tail Fighting instructor.  The Academy doesn't allow him to teach Ken-Kara (Ossanlin's style with swords), but he has a couple of students who take lessons from him outside of Academy-sponsored class who are studying the form with him.  Swords aren't allowed in tournament fighting, but the Ken-Kara forms can be used without them to great effect.

Anyway...yeah...fro m Ossanlin's graduation up to 2 years or so, Siruvan was still a student.  From +2 to +4-5 years or so, he was an Assistant Instructor, and from +4-5 years or so to present, he's been the head Tail Fighting instructor at the Academy.  As such, his notoriety (and any relationship he might have had with Salem), would be different depending upon Salem's time-frame for his Homeworld stay.

I would love to compose a response tonight, but I need to get to sleep so I can get up for work tomorrow (today for most ppl).  So it'll have to wait a bit.
Salem would only have been on the Andalite homeworld for... probably three to five years, ending immediately prior to his initial arrival at the bar- that should all fall within Siruvan's time as head instructor, right? Meaning that Salem's relationship to Siruvan was probably comparatively respectful and formal-- although from what I know of Siruvan's character, I have to imagine that the two of them would probably get along pretty well. Tobias was less of a disrespectful asshat towards Andalites than Salem's become :P They probably wouldn't have been exceptionally close, though, because Salem would love to have learned a bit of Ken-Kara, and never did (he's generally crap with bladed weapons).

On the other hand, I'd love to write a Siruvan-secretly-teaches-Salem-some-pre-Ken-Kara-stances (or whatever) scene at some point. Something for me to think on... I have a fair amount of retconning and editing to do in my Andalite chapters that already exist as it stands... and my earliest GESB chapters could stand a rewrite...

Also...Salem doesn't want to be a "homeless drifter," yet wants to keep the device that allows him to be a homeless drifter on a literally infinite scale...  >_>
Ahaha. Trust me, that irony is not lost on me :P

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
« Reply #5904 on: December 28, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
Declann: an extremely late welcome to the bar! I am loving your character and your writing so far- I, too, hope you decide to stick around, in spite of the current snail's pace in here ^_^
Thanks! I do try. My headcanon for Smith's old universe is an odd mixture of Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and a smattering of Star Trek and Stargate, all heaped upon a generous serving of dark Animorphs AU. Just in case Salem/he-of-many-names has past experience in the same or similar universe.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5905 on: January 03, 2018, 11:08:57 PM »
Hey all! Sorry guys, this month and the holidays...it's been madness!

:) Love all of you.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #5906 on: January 17, 2018, 12:22:31 PM »
I wanted to apologize for going AWOL for so long, but I'm also probably not coming back for a while.  Work has been crazy, and I've been trying to use whatever creative energy I have right now on 3D-modeling things.  I'm very sorry to everyone I've left hanging.  Maybe when things calm down, I can try again.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5907 on: January 17, 2018, 10:05:47 PM »
Thanks! I do try. My headcanon for Smith's old universe is an odd mixture of Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and a smattering of Star Trek and Stargate, all heaped upon a generous serving of dark Animorphs AU. Just in case Salem/he-of-many-names has past experience in the same or similar universe.
Neat! There's certainly a good possibility ^_^ His home universe is actually a home-grown... homage, I guess, to all sorts of sci-fi and fantasy tropes. My group of friends back in middle and high school built quite the overblown world, and it's kind of been continuing to grow ever since ^_^

Hey all! Sorry guys, this month and the holidays...it's been madness!

:) Love all of you.
Same here! It's been crazy, but I've been trying to get to a place where I can post more regularly. Fingers crossed.

Love you all as well!

Tara! Make Jessi post!

I wanted to apologize for going AWOL for so long, but I'm also probably not coming back for a while.  Work has been crazy, and I've been trying to use whatever creative energy I have right now on 3D-modeling things.  I'm very sorry to everyone I've left hanging.  Maybe when things calm down, I can try again.
You're always welcome, and I look forward to your return. For what it's worth, your 3D models that I've seen are just wonderful ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5908 on: January 25, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
Tara. Make Jessi post.  :P

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #5909 on: January 25, 2018, 06:07:43 PM »
Morgan and Julian are still hanging out. Feel free to come up and say hi or something. I'm not too sure what to do with them right now.