Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222120 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5835 on: August 30, 2017, 01:24:18 PM »
Basically, my powergaming years are pretty long behind me. XD When I use one of my powerful villains as an OC, I tend to play off their abilities as, "Whatever the hell makes things the most interesting and causes everyone else to have the most fun."

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #5836 on: August 31, 2017, 12:57:24 AM »
Oh, this is definitely fun.  For me, at least.  Less so for Truth Seeker.  >:D

And, sorry to keep pestering you with questions, but, since this might become relevant soon, does Mar smell human?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:02:42 AM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5837 on: August 31, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »
I'm....not sure. O.o;;;;; *Question no one has ever asked* He's made himself into a rough fascimile of a human, but I...I don't think so. Largely because while is super anal and detail-oriented, he notably does not when in full god form (There is a Spirited Away spinoff my friend and I do with our gods in the bathhouse and it's horrible and great XD) and...chances are he didn't pick up on that detail. Mar often finds himself surrounded by either really good smells or really bad smells.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #5838 on: August 31, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »
*Question no one has ever asked*

Yesss!  First!  :D

Hmm.  But, that then raises the secondary question I probably should have asked initially: what would a god smell like?  At least, do gods have smells?  Or is it going to be more like a Chee situation, where there is just a void of smell?

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5839 on: August 31, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »
I love the kinds of questions this place produces.

You guys rock.

That said...I've had a bit of a hard time this week with everything happening in Houston (no, I don't live there anymore, but it's hard to see the city you called home for 8 years take such a beating, and I know a ton of people who do live there), so I haven't been around as much. Also, this weekend my brother is getting married, so yeah....#allthethings.

I'll try to get a short post up tonight, but I'll be a bit slow this weekend and next week (my OTHER brother is moving to Nebraska, and I'm helping with that whole thing).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:53:53 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5840 on: September 01, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »
What does the Devil smell like? O.o;;;; Obviously a pressing unanswered question of crucial importance to Christian theology. XD

Chances are, he has a rose perfume going which will overwhelm the senses (because yes, he is absolutely that pretentious), but he himself possibly doesn't smell like anything at all. Or he smells like whatever the hell that ambiguous purple-black oil substance smells like. Possibly fear or dread. XD

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #5841 on: September 02, 2017, 12:12:01 PM »
I mean, the 'classic' answer to what the Devil smells like would be 'brimstone.'  :P  But I like your answer so much better.  Obnoxious rose perfume over an oily smell of dread?  That's brilliant.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5842 on: September 05, 2017, 11:55:07 AM »
Obnoxious rose perfume over an oily smell of dread?  That's brilliant.
This strikes me as almost painfully... Mar. Haha. You two are amazing ^_^

That said...I've had a bit of a hard time this week with everything happening in Houston (no, I don't live there anymore, but it's hard to see the city you called home for 8 years take such a beating, and I know a ton of people who do live there), so I haven't been around as much. Also, this weekend my brother is getting married, so yeah....#allthethings.

I'll try to get a short post up tonight, but I'll be a bit slow this weekend and next week (my OTHER brother is moving to Nebraska, and I'm helping with that whole thing).
Gods, I know. Watching Harvey and its aftermath has been harrowing >.< I hate feeling so useless as watching that unfold from afar and not really being able to do anything concrete to help. At least it's looking like things are inching towards normal down there now. Or... at least, lesser immediate threat of the loss of life and property...

Anyway, tell your brother, whom I don't know, that I said congratulations, and tell your other brother, whom I also don't know, that I also said congratulations :P
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:26:54 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5843 on: September 05, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »
I'll add Jeffrey's post when I get back home. ;] Yggdrasil is the closest equivalent word Mar can come up with for "the multiverse," or "Everything that ever was or will be." This is because to Mar, whose Mass is sitting pretty far outside of it, it looks like a gigantic glowing tree. Or a huge mess of Fate lines and timelines connecting every single living being. He's a human-adjacent Highest, so metaphors come naturally to him. He'll convey the image as well as the word, so to someone using the Time Matrix what he's talking about won't be all that unintelligible.

The word Chancel is shamelessly taken from the RPG "Nobilis" and refers to the God's "home turf," or self-projection. Interestingly, Nobilis is a game in which all the PCs are what Mar is, but with human avatars that existed before that as normal people. It's fascinating stuff.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:31:37 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5844 on: September 05, 2017, 11:45:14 PM »
Orrrr...later. :}

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5845 on: September 09, 2017, 07:27:33 PM »
I think I can post tonight.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5846 on: September 10, 2017, 01:20:18 AM »
Pooosted. <3

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5847 on: September 13, 2017, 08:12:04 AM »
Oh good Lumy's here. 83 Everybody's been kinda gone, even by my infamous standards, and I have no idea why.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5848 on: September 13, 2017, 08:55:27 PM »
Sorry. It's been hectic. Will try to post tonight.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5849 on: September 13, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »
I might jump in again at some point in the near future, just to distract myself from all the garbage going on in my life. Would you guys prefer I go with a character I already introduced, or go with a new one?

Also drunk at the moment, so apologies if this doesn't happen :P