Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222253 times)

Offline Leona

Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5670 on: April 24, 2017, 08:30:08 AM »
Or I could be a pile of Fail due to being interrupted by my own sister. : P

I've got two kids. It happens. XD

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5671 on: April 24, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »
*Loses entire post in five minutes due to accidentally closing a window* *Plays world's smallest violin* T___T

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5672 on: April 24, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »
:( I've done that too many times to count. Sending positive feels your way :)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5673 on: April 24, 2017, 11:30:50 PM »
I suppose that's true...it's not like Ossanlin was cut off from the Homeworld during Salem's time there.  He'd have likely heard news.  And if Salem is going to be familiar/friendly with Raigar, it's like that the War Prince would've kept Ossanlin apprised of the unique situation.
Yeah... I'm still debating just how close I want Salem and Raigar to have been, in no small part due to the fact that I don't trust myself to write your character properly, but they'll definitely have known each other and have been friendly. There's no particular reason I can think of that Raigar would keep Ossanlin apprised of Salem's progress or anything, but having a human on the homeworld alone would be enough to warrant at least the occasional passing comment. Not to mention the rumors and the (probably mostly derisive) comments from other Andalites. Salem's position on the homeworld was never exactly a secret, but amidst Andalite xenophobia, it was likely a source of an undercurrent of shame that rendered talking about him too much quasi-taboo.

At some point soon, I'm planning to run through my old timeline of Salem and line it up, blow-by-blow, with the Rebellion timeline. If I recall correctly, Salem would have spent somewhere between three and five years on the Andalite world, ending shortly before his initial introduction in the GESB. I actually need to re-work a lot of Salem's timeline right in that area to coincide better with the Rebellion and Andalites.

Salem, of course, would have known Ossanlin's growing reputation from the media feeds/propaganda/whatever you want to call it. Raigar strikes me as the type who would seldom discuss a former student by name, so if Ossanlin ever had come up in conversation with Raigar, I'm not sure Salem would have connected those comments with the Andalite, even now. Depending on how the timing works out, Salem may have run across Siruvan as well. How long after Ossanlin would Siruvan have graduated?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:37:14 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5674 on: April 25, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »
Due to sheer lack of insanity occurring in the vicinity of the Bar, I might bring back an old character of mine who could arguably be considered Jeffrey's grandfather (not biologically, but historically speaking character development wise): Mar. Problem is this character...has a complicated history, and it might be weird to play him again (just as an example, that name now refers to an actual person along with a character). He's another one of those guys who has been around so long he was there before our brain finished developing, and that has some serious disadvantages.

Advantages include an extensive history in this Bar, though, and a tendency to cause mass chaos. :P

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5675 on: April 25, 2017, 08:45:56 PM »
And who doesn't love mass chaos? XD

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5676 on: April 26, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »
Oh Jesus. Pink frilly dresses.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
  • I love aliens too much...
« Reply #5677 on: April 26, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »
lololol I vote that you go for it!  o3o

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5678 on: April 26, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »
I have a feeling Sorin might cause a bit of insanity soon, but go for it ^.^

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5679 on: April 27, 2017, 05:14:09 AM »
I'll try to muster up another post soon.  Sorry guys, it's been pretty tough for me to be creative lately.

Also, Scott...not sure what the timeline is that you're planning...but...we ll...Ossanlin and Salem might've crossed paths before in a certain circumstance.  See...after the destruction of the Galaxy Tree, Ossanlin returns to the Homeworld to study up on the Tyrennian while it's being finished at the Sky Garden.  idk, just something that I suddenly thought of recently while thinking about meshing timelines.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5680 on: April 27, 2017, 09:55:12 AM »
Oh Jesus. Pink frilly dresses.

Where he is, they shall never be far behind.  :akanbe: There was a joke about this when I took Caitlin (my girlfriend) to see the American History Museum at the Smithsonian. The one thing we knew to be true was that we wanted Caitlin to wear aaaaaalll the dresses. XD
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:35:58 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5681 on: April 27, 2017, 03:16:31 PM »
Whelp there we go. We'll see how this goes.

For the confused, Character Mar (that is, this guy, not the person whose self-insert this is) actually is a being of pretty similar character to the Bartender, but any time he comes here he has to discard his inhumanity for a killable, injurable human body. Partially this is so I can downgrade him from what he originally functioned as (A main villain in a universe with powerful magicians and mage knights) to someone who can in fact get badly injured by a guy with a Dracon beam or a sword. And someone stuck with the messy mortal equivalent of all of his problems and character flaws rolling around in his head.

But it also makes total sense canonically. Because in a metaphysical dick-waving contest (which let's face it is basically all gods ever do :P )do you really want someone to retain their unholy advantages while in your domain? ;}
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:20:22 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
« Reply #5682 on: April 29, 2017, 12:21:09 PM »
Sorry that I'm so slow at posting, there's just so much that goes on here and I have trouble making sense of it XD

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5683 on: April 30, 2017, 06:08:25 AM »
NP Forlin.  I've been really spacey lately and that isn't helping matters what with Ossanlin's involvement with multiple characters.

I made a quick and dirty post just to keep from stagnating everyone else.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:29:21 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
« Reply #5684 on: April 30, 2017, 01:07:50 PM »
Posted!  And yeah, I understand.  It's really confusing XD But fun.  :)