Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222240 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5565 on: March 20, 2017, 07:56:51 PM »
Welcome, dream ^_^ Or... welcome back, I suppose. I think you were here before my time. It's a pleasure to meet you ^_^

And welcome to the GESB, Leona ^_^ It's great to have you.

Let me see if I can remember where everyone is at the moment. In the bar, as Shen said, Keshin/Joanne (Yeerk and host) and Salem (my character, a guy in his mid-late 20's, curly/mussy reddish brown hair, in a grey cloak with the hood down) are sitting at a booth talking conspiratorially. Myitt/Tara, Rathien (a feral-ish but mostly-human looking creature with pointed ears and claws), Gaf/Chris (Yeerk and blind host who go by "Guppy"), Jorek (a man who's in a... like, stripped-down Yeerk Imperial uniform and so far has only given what I presume is his Yeerk name), and Dalik/Cameron are all in... more-or-less one group at the bar. Gh's new apparently-human-male character (Sorin, I think?) is sitting alone farther down the bar by himself.

Outside are Al (my character, dark-haired dude in a pressed grey suit) and Jeffrey, having a conversation, and William, bathing in the lake. Terenia, as far as I know, is still skulking out near the shipyard somewhere (Jessi, just so you know, she's making me nervous :P). Ossanlin, an Andalite War-Prince, is out in the forest somewhere. As are one or two recently-escaped Velociraptors. Nepek, a Hork-Bajir, of course, just boarded his ship.

Have I forgotten anyone?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Leona

« Reply #5566 on: March 20, 2017, 08:02:22 PM »
Where is this RP time wise in relation to the books? We looking at pre, during, or post war?

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5567 on: March 20, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »
All of Those. :P The Bar is a sort of time-space metaphysical anamoly. Most of the characters here are from somewhere in the middle of the war (Joanne/Keshin, Myitt/Tara, Terenia, etc.) but a couple aren't even from the Animorphs universe (Salem, William, Jeffrey). When we say you can literally bring anyone from anywhere, we mean it--- Just so long as the person you bring is a fictional OC. ; )

Hell, Mar is even a bizarre exception to that rule, by virtue of being a fictionalized OC version of a metaphysical entity a whole lot of people believe is real. O.o;

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5568 on: March 20, 2017, 08:58:21 PM »
Where is this RP time wise in relation to the books? We looking at pre, during, or post war?
Yep, what Shen said. This RP is character driven, not story- or world-driven, so everything that happens here comes as a direct result of the interactions between the characters. Between that and our 'your character can come from literally anywhere' mentality, we wind up seeing quite a few amazing interactions ^_^ A lot of the characters wind up being ways to explore different facets of the Animorphs universe (some of which have grown into our own wildly-storied offshoots thereof). For example, Guppy, in the bar right now, comes from a distant future wherein the Yeerks won the war.

Sorry, I got excited...

:edit:

I'll post for Al tomorrow. I'm out of... brain juice for tonight.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:40:14 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5569 on: March 21, 2017, 08:50:43 AM »
By the way, in case anyone's curious....*Ridiculous diagram pops up again, this time with a teddy bear that looks like Mar: Fluffy, black, green-eyed and wearing a cravat* *Pokemon tutorial music plays*

Mar gave Salem, in exchange for a look at his stuff, the ability to "aura-sense." Aura-sending is kind of like sensing souls, or subtle aspects of personality. I'd argue we in the real world can all sort of do it, in the form of whatever tells you you like someone or hate them the moment you meet them. This is like an exaggerated version of that which is more accurate.

But still not great. Although it enhances Legimency-type stuff, and would enhance Jeffrey's abilities if he had it, it doesn't really grant you the ability to mind-read. It only allows you to work out stuff like....How old or experienced the person is, "who" they are, sometimes anything that is really bothering them or making them uncomfortable. It's as if the character can smell identity. 

Now, because the human equivalent of this trick is kind of crappy and ineffectual, somebody using it comes off as creepy (*In Tamatoa's voice* You tried to be tough, but your armor's just not hard enough...XD) But Salem's....a novice. ; )
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:11:36 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
  • I love aliens too much...
« Reply #5570 on: March 21, 2017, 05:28:17 PM »
Velociraptors?  o:  How did they end up at the space bar?  That sounds like an amusing story!

Leona, so glad to have you here, xD you're the one who reminded me this exists!  <3

I really how this is run.  You don't have to adhere to any specific outside plotline, makes it easy to jump in, and everyone has an interesting story.  This is all so exciting, I'm looking forward to learning things about your characters through interacting with them :3  The writing here is so good!

Heck, I could have it that Forlin came into here from Earth rather than finding transport in space.  Just feels wrong for him to have a ship, considering I have him as an Andalite who's been stranded on Earth for a long time (with memory loss due to trauma as well).  I'll have to ponder what that universe which he comes from is like.../hmmm

Thank you for clarifying that!

Offline Leona

« Reply #5571 on: March 21, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »
Thanks all. It's nice having a place to stretch the legs of a character I don't get to RP that much anymore. If anyone is ever interested in more story driven RP in a small group or even 1x1 just let me know. I would like a chance to develop this character more then I was able to in past RPs.

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
  • I love aliens too much...
« Reply #5572 on: March 23, 2017, 01:30:01 PM »
Yay!

Sorry that I haven't posted much lately, got a bit of stuff going on in life.  ^.^

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #5573 on: March 23, 2017, 09:45:11 PM »
I'll post for Al tomorrow. I'm out of... brain juice for tonight.
And by 'tomorrow,' of course, I mean three days later >.< Bleh. Sorry, guys.

Velociraptors?  o:  How did they end up at the space bar?  That sounds like an amusing story!
Somebody ordered a burger. What can I say? The meat at the GESB is exceptionally fresh :XD:

Thanks all. It's nice having a place to stretch the legs of a character I don't get to RP that much anymore. If anyone is ever interested in more story driven RP in a small group or even 1x1 just let me know. I would like a chance to develop this character more then I was able to in past RPs.
There was a period a while back where, since the GESB was lagging so badly, everyone was trying to start new RPs, and most of them just sort of fizzled. Sadly, RAF only seems to have the interest to consistently support this one RP these days. I'm very interested in doing more, but life is busy enough that I don't trust myself with more than just the one...

That said, though, if you stick around here long enough, you'll get the chance for some really excellent character development. This RP isn't always this slow, I promise >.<

Salem's Story

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5574 on: March 23, 2017, 10:29:38 PM »
If this was a few months ago, I'd have been up for another RP, but as everyone is probably aware, I've been exceptionally busy lately. Turns out, working six days a week and trying to develop audio circuits doesn't leave a lot of free time or mental energy v.v

BTW, no rush, Tara, but Guppy is a little tied up until Myitt says or does something :P

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5575 on: March 24, 2017, 07:40:49 PM »
I exist!

And gh, I poked the Tara to post. Dalik is also tied up until Jorek says anything. :)

Quick reiteration of my characters and where they are for the people who are new:

Terenia/Fayleth: Female human Controller in her mid to late 20s with blonde hair and a permanent scowl. She's wandering around the shipyard at the moment, headed back to her ship.

Cameron/Dalik the Prime: Female human Controller, about 15 years old, with long brown hair. Usually fiddling with about twenty holoscreens. Currently she is at the bar, talking to Jorek.

William (aka Danel): Appears to be a 29-year-old man who fell into the bar from a Renaissance festival (in reality he's just from Earth in the 1800s). Currently standing completely naked in the lake, washing blood off of his chest. Is in actuality not quite human and has the ability to tell when someone is being truthful or lying (among other things).

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5576 on: March 24, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »
Hi guys! Whoa. Sorry it's taken so long for me to post, the last two weeks have been super crazy.

Dreamsleever - whoa, from the original Space Bar? Like, Kimmeree's? Or the earlier version of this bar here on RAF? What was your name back then? I do remember someone named Impulsive Ninja - was that you?

Just so you know:

Myitt/Tara - female human Controller, in her late 20s, messy long curly brown hair, pale Caucasian, like she hasn't seen sunlight in a while. Ratty jeans, black army boots, and a black jacket. She looks like a mall rat who needs a good chain smoke, but doesn't actually smoke. She has a Dracon hidden in her jacket.

Jorek - male human Controller, in his 30s, jovial-looking and wiry man with dirty blonde hair that is well groomed. He is wearing a standard-issue black Imperial uniform with no insignia, and standard issue boots. There's a Dracon strapped at the holster at his side.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5577 on: March 24, 2017, 10:17:33 PM »
S'all good ^.^ Life has that annoying tendency to sneak up on us :P

Anyway, might as well outline my characters because that seems to be the hip happening thing to do :P

Guppy: As Lumi mentioned, a completely blind human-Controller from a future where the Yeerks win the war. He'll respond to Chris or Gaf, the names of the human and the Yeerk respectively. He looks a little emaciated, with stringy black hair and a rather sunken-in face. Currently drunk off his tits and relying heavily on Myitt to get around the Bar.

Nepek: An elderly Hork-Bajir Seer wearing a black cloak. He has a scar on his head where one of his blades should be. Lived on Earth for a period of time before exploring the universe on his own terms. Is currently idling in his ship outside the Bar after a brief altercation with . . .

Sorin: Human (ostensibly) decked all in black like the goth weirdo that I'm slowly becoming IRL :P Haven't gotten a chance to flesh him out much due to his staying in his isolated spot in the Bar, but he definitely has a history with Nepek.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5578 on: March 24, 2017, 11:24:50 PM »
I gave Sorin something to do, gh. :D

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5579 on: March 25, 2017, 03:29:50 AM »
Welcome Dream and Leona.  Hope you have fun during your stay with us!  ^^

So I just wrote up this big ol' post regarding my character descriptions and the internet decided it would disappear.  So happy.  So this is going to be quick and dirty because I just wasted twenty minutes of my time because my ISP can't handle providing consistent internet.

My main is Ossanlin, and he's been "alive" in my mind since I was in highschool (15-20 years now)...he's done nearly all of his RP development within the GESB, first at Kimm's and then here on RAF.  He's a rather large male Andalite who's renowned on the homeworld as one of the most-successful current War Princes of the Yeerk-Andalite war.  He's taller than your average Andalite and has a fit upper body (i.e. his upper body resembles that of a fit adult male human rather than that of a willowy child human).  His fur is deep royal blue with highlights of silver.  His eyes are sky-blue and also glint with flecks of silver when the light hits them just so.  He has an outward demeanor of calm control and exudes confidence at most times.  He wears a black leather utility belt and a cross-the-shoulder bandoleer of the same material.  The belt and bandoleer hold all of the usual war-time accoutrements...twi n custom-modified Shredders, ARC (Apix Realtime Computer), rank insignia badge (War Prince), Z-transponder, emergency med-kit, and emergency rations.  The belt also sports two very un-Andalite instruments, twin katana-like swords (which explain why his upper-body is as defined as it is).  Over his right ear and extending up to the corner of his right eye is the ARC holo-emitter, and on his left wrist is a command-comm bracelet.  He's a unique character in many ways, but you'll have to find that out IC.  ^^

My secondary is Rathien, and he would seem to be human if it weren't for the pointed ears, the elongated canine fangs in his mouth, and the claws at the tips of his fingers.  He stands about 6' tall with longish light-blue hair (with white highlights) pulled up into an apex ponytail, and golden-irised eyes.  He's fit and wears a gray flex-armor tunic, silver-tooled black leather boots and belt, and a black half-cape showing his family's sigil.  Crossing his back (underneath the half-cape) are two sinuously-curved fighting knives with blades about a forearm in length, and at his waste is a unique-looking pistol-like weapon.  He's brash and utterly overconfident.  Any more than that will have to be discovered IC.  :)

Third is Nyr, but I won't describe him now as I've effectively removed him from the RP due to inactivity.

Hope we can come up with some neat interactions and have fun RPing together! 

~Ossy
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:38:35 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player