Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222836 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #4815 on: October 28, 2014, 08:26:43 PM »
First please try to use proper punctuation if you want to join.

The Bar is a place that's primarily set in the Animorphs universe, but you can bring someone in from just about any universe. It focuses more on civil interaction and character development, so there isn't usually much need for some badass warrior. Certainly nothing immensely strong. Generally if it's too powerful to be taken down by a Human with a dracon beam, it's probably too powerful. Though exceptions have been made, like Darth Maul's Parker.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #4816 on: October 28, 2014, 08:41:43 PM »
alright grammar and punctuation are fixed.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4817 on: October 28, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
Thanks. I don't mean to be a stickler, but poor spelling and/or grammar is a red flag when someone wants to join an rp like this.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #4818 on: October 28, 2014, 10:21:43 PM »
So this is for character building?
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4819 on: October 28, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »
Yeah. You make a guy, have him/her/it interact with other characters, and see where it goes. There isn't a form to fill out for entry. Just give a basic physical description of the character and have the person enter the bar somehow.

It's an abnormally small planetoid with a forest, lake, ship graveyard, and of course the bar itsself. The ever silent bartender can give a character whatevr s/he orders, and takes any money.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4820 on: October 29, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »
It focuses more on civil interaction and character development, so there isn't usually much need for some badass warrior. Certainly nothing immensely strong. Generally if it's too powerful to be taken down by a Human with a dracon beam, it's probably too powerful. Though exceptions have been made, like Darth Maul's Parker.

Two of the major players--- Ossanlin and I--- Have both broken this rule in different ways. However, you could still definitely kill both of our characters with a Dracon beam, and they both continue to have clear strengths and weaknesses built in.

The real key here is that the characters do not frequently beat the crap out of each other in general. The Bar is all about watching the characters' personalities bounce off each other in increasingly bizarre/ridiculous/fascinating ways. It actually is the manifestation of the old "A rabbi and a priest walked into a Bar" joke, except that those people are: (1). A leader of the Yeerk Rebellion. (2). An Andalite War-Prince. (3). A human member of a creepy cult invented by a semi-omnipotent alien. (4). An ex-corporate atheist, coffee-obsessed CEO turned rebel after going up against the wrong guy at the wrong time.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #4821 on: October 29, 2014, 07:07:30 PM »
so it's an omniversal Casablanca?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4822 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:23 PM »
I'm not familiar with Casablanca.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #4823 on: October 29, 2014, 10:20:44 PM »
Rick's cafe is a place where the war doesn't exist. Where one can drink away their troubles.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4824 on: October 30, 2014, 08:27:25 AM »
Kind of, yes. At least that's what one of my characters, Mar, uses the GESB for. Precisely because he does not exist in any variant of the Animorphs universe and so can basically use the place to ignore all of his obligations. A lot of the characters who enter the place (Myitt, et cetera) assume the Bar's obscurity will allow them to drink away their troubles.

Except in practice that isn't at all what happens. X3 Mar owns Myitt's soul, The rebels who drop in all have complex relationships with one another, Ike wants to help the One absorb the other patrons, Elriss is an Imperial...You get the idea. Just like Casablanca, you can't really run from who you are. But all the fights are fairly plausible affairs given the listed character abilities.

Ideally. ;)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4825 on: November 07, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »
Posted for James. May have Mar go back inside to bug Oss' character depending on how the conversation goes with Elriss. :3

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4826 on: November 10, 2014, 01:17:40 PM »
Hey--- Has anyone checked in today? I've posted, anyway--- Although I can still post in RA. :}

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4827 on: November 11, 2014, 02:39:13 AM »
Says your last post in GESB was on the 7th, Kells.  I hope the Internet didn't eat a post.   :-\
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4828 on: November 11, 2014, 03:07:31 PM »
Nah, I think that's about right. I was just waiting on Terenia and Myitt. I still need to post in RA.

On the other hand, I haven't had much time--- My entire psyche is basically made of cortisol at this point. >__<; I have to do an impossible number of things at the same time, on very little sleep, and with almost negative motivation---- Mar's gift is basically the only reason our writing is holding together.

If I get the chance, I'll post--- But I don't think I will.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4829 on: November 11, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »
It's probably okay, no one else is posting either apparently.  I check every day, but really nothing for me to respond to until others post.  Unfortunately it's become the true nature of this place.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player