Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222953 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #4740 on: July 26, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »
Well, either way I'm just glad to see another Kimm's veteran.  It's always a nice surprise.  I hope that you stick around, the forums are actually sort of active on RAF.  I actually stumbled across this place a few years ago in the same way.  Was taken by a fit of nostalgia and decided to Google Galaxy's Edge Space Bar.  Low and behold, it led be to RAF and I saw so many of my old friends active and posting...it blew me away.  ^^

Have you talked to Thee recently?  Haven't talked to her in forever.

Oh, and just to let you know...it's not exactly clear, sry.  My primary character is  War-Prince Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephirel, Captain of the Dome Ship Tyrennian.  That is who I played on Kimm's and subsequently in all versions of the GESB.  Recently, I've taken Ossanlin over to my newish RP thread called Rogue Element, which is also Animorphs-based, but not as free-range as the GESB.

Because of this, I've developed Rathien so that I could have another character at the GESB simultaneously.  I've only ever played him on RAF, so it's doubtful you've met him.  That doesn't mean you can't get to know him though.  ^^

And FYI, if you're interested in playing an Andalite, Hork-Bajir, Human, or rebel-controller, you can take a look at the Rogue Element thread to get a feel for it to see if it's something you might like to be a part of.  Just a suggestion for your free time, nothing more.  :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:44:32 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4741 on: July 27, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
Hi! :D Always nice to see a fellow Animorphs fan and GESB veteran drop into the game.

Welcome again to the stage of fantasies and dreams. *Offers a hand-up over the Bar's gap between Bar and ground* ;) Name's Kelly. :3

I maintain, somewhat strangely perhaps since I am going into my third year of law school and working four or five days a week at an internship, that there is a place for such things in the life of a person. We're new to the whole GESB thing in the sense that we only showed up in 2008-2009, but old in the sense that we have been around a long time now. Old enough to seem like a veteran, and we've certainly been Roleplaying since twelve. As for the sudden royal "we.."...that's a long story I'll tell later. We are very amused. :3 You'll notice the oddity if you drop into Rogue Element anyway (Because Luke is awesome :3 ).

My primary characters are Keshin and Joanne (Yeerk bounty hunters with health problems and a strange mutation on one of them) and Mar. (Yes, just Mar. He's basically the Devil--- but a very nice and rather powerless one. :} ).

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:09:24 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4742 on: September 16, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »
*peers*

*steps in*

*whistles*

Knock knock?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4743 on: September 16, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »
The last post was unfortunately back in July. I had a pretty interesting character named Ike going before I took a RP break. I'm tempted to try to bring him back, but I'm not sure what to do with him.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4744 on: September 17, 2014, 09:05:48 AM »
It might be fun to come back in when I get the chance. :)

I miss having time for the GESB. ****, I miss when we all had time.

I've worked my tail off at every internship I've been in, and at Disability Law Clinic, and at the moment it feels like I'm no closer to getting a job and getting paid than when I started. We're pretty tired. BUT. <3

We can always come back, now and again. Start new characters and old ones. Cause chaos. Inject a little magic, mayhem, rebels, and beer into the drudgery. ;)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4745 on: September 17, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »
If I made yet another new character, I'm tempted to bring in a Howler that loves everyone. Of course the only reason he might survive more than one encounter is that he's also a killing machine.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4746 on: September 17, 2014, 10:21:09 AM »
If you guys are up for it....would you prefer to continue the threads currently going, or reboot?

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4747 on: September 17, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »
I'm up for any game, any character, any time. Since I have a considerable range I've never even used on the GESB, I can also take requests. ;)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4748 on: September 17, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »
Kells, I miss our one-on-one rps too. Is there a way to IM you that doesn't involve AIM? Gchat or Skype or Google Docs, perhaps?

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4749 on: September 17, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »
I think, since engoa is here, I am suddenly struck with a desire to return.

I WILL MAKE TIEM--screw job things!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4750 on: September 18, 2014, 08:33:44 AM »
Kells, I miss our one-on-one rps too. Is there a way to IM you that doesn't involve AIM? Gchat or Skype or Google Docs, perhaps?

Odd that you'd mention it. BUT. Skype. Shenmue654. ;) GoogleDocs is always open.

Is he an old-guard member of Kimmeree's? :3 Awesome!

As for the starting point, I could technically continue with Gallant and Mar although I did want to respond with both characters at once. (Back when we weren't busy, waiting made more sense.) BUT...I could also restart with someone else entirely, and pick what roles you need me in. Terenia and Chad have a good thing going in Rogue Element precisely because they started with a character interaction in mind, and this tended to work in the GESB as well. (At least with my characters. Mar entering to piss off Myitt, Terenia's sister propositioning Keshin, et cetera).

Terenia operates best when she can ruin the lives of her characters (XD), Myitt creates brilliant rogues and eccentrics, and I seem to work when I play people that....cause mass chaos?! (I have problems...;} )

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:50:25 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4751 on: September 18, 2014, 09:13:16 AM »

I WILL MAKE TIEM--screw job things!

Who is this? I do not remember. It's been so long. Welcome back, stranger.

And I seem to work best with nice, emotional people. Except Ferxal, but he may still be more emotional than intended. I think I should bring Ike back, since he had some things going on before I poofed away. Myitt, he's another servant of The One, but he isn't evil and he thinks The One is the christian God. And he converted Mar.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:17:25 AM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4752 on: September 18, 2014, 03:30:33 PM »
I think I should bring Ike back, since he had some things going on before I poofed away. Myitt, he's another servant of The One, but he isn't evil and he thinks The One is the christian God. And he converted Mar.

Because hell, I couldn't resist the opportunity to create a more-or-less sane Mar. X3

~Sanity isn't the issue here.

In GESB Mar's case, the real issue is something along the lines of Massive Daddy Issues. ;)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4753 on: September 18, 2014, 08:53:35 PM »
Man, I have so many characters I could use.

I feel like Terenia's been overdone, played to death.

But, even within the realm of Animorphs there are quite a few you haven't met. There's my videogame obsessed Visser, my Scottish interrogation officer, my anorexic cook....some of them you've met in Rogue Element, some you haven't. Hmmmmmmm. So many options.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4754 on: September 18, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »
Video games obsessed Visser?  :XD:

Ani-Master 2014!