Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222232 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #1500 on: February 26, 2011, 08:57:08 PM »
lol Tara...you know I was making a Family Guy reference right?  :p
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1501 on: February 26, 2011, 09:04:49 PM »
Yeah, of COURSE you were, silly ;D  I just want there to be some Foreigner in my life right now, okay?!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #1502 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:21 AM »
It amuses me to have Fiona talk about being old. :P It's gotta sound pretty weird, considering her host's only 24 years old. XD

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1503 on: February 27, 2011, 01:46:23 PM »
It's very Yeerk-like...after all, Corliss and Myitt are almost 50 and their hosts are half that age...but Fiona's what, a couple hundred years old?

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #1504 on: February 27, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
250ish. XD Or... erm... 273. She was born in 1738.

Totally useless fact to know about my character, considering she'll never know that? :P

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1505 on: February 27, 2011, 03:14:22 PM »
I bet her personality has evolved quite a bit throughout all those years.  :P  Very interesting.  My guys, on the other hand, kind of missed out on McCarthyism and Beatlemania by proxy of them being several thousand light-years away...but still!

radgeek

« Reply #1506 on: February 27, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »
Who did Ossanlin walk up to?

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1507 on: February 27, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »
Corliss is such a cradle robber. :P

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1508 on: February 27, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »
Aw, c'mon, in a Yeerk lifespan 50 is the new 20! XD

EDIT: Goku, I appreciate your character showing how badly he's taken a hit, but if he can heal himself that easily it doesn't really seem fair in a fight.  Think about making his blood refueling need a little less easy to come by, if it gives him instant super strength and instant healing, okay?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:50:15 PM by Myitt »

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #1509 on: February 27, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »
Well like it said he now has full power again, but his body is still extremely damaged. And hitting the ship like that is still causing him pain, not as much cuz he isnt a complete solid. And the other thing about the vampires from the book i was reading, is when in shadow form theyre energy is drained, and the longer in that form it will end up just draining their lives. He sounds extremely powerful but thats because i couldnt state his powers and weaknesses with no character sheet
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1510 on: February 27, 2011, 08:13:06 PM »
Right, no character sheets are required, but it's stated in the rules that your character can't powergame.  Having the ability to heal almost any wound instantly is treading into some sketchy waters, so just try and keep that power reigned in.  Thanks for cooperating.

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #1511 on: February 27, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »
Im confused...how is it he is healing instantly? He is still in excrutiating pain and is still broken all over. The blood just boosts the adrenaline level in their blood stream taking along the virus of the vampirisim to the wounds healing it faster then humans but they still are slow to heal
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1512 on: February 27, 2011, 08:37:15 PM »
Yeah, Goku, the standard character in this bar is still human, or maybe Andalite at best, in terms of abilities. Salem's a crafty dude carrying some funky weapons, but he's still human- if he'd taken a shot like the one Goku just did, he'd be dead, not slamming the ship with well-beyond-human abilities. Superpowered beings tend to have a pretty crazy advantage in this setting. I think what Myitt's trying to say is just try not to make him overpowered for the bar.

Jeeze, you guys and your geezer characters. Here I thought Salem was old because he's 46-ish. Or 44. Or 39. Or 23. Depending on how you decide to define his age. It's a little freaky ambiguous. If you wanted to get really technical, you could tack a few thousand years on to any one of those, too, but then it just starts to look really hazy.

At least I don't really have to deal with Earth culture with him. No history for him to know. He doesn't even speak an Earth language (Fiona'd probably be surprised by that :P), aside from maybe a few words of French.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #1513 on: February 27, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »
Ah, Fiona. :P Been around the block a few hundred times, but boy does she ever like her narrow view of the universe. XD

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1514 on: February 27, 2011, 10:04:09 PM »
Im confused...how is it he is healing instantly? He is still in excrutiating pain and is still broken all over. The blood just boosts the adrenaline level in their blood stream taking along the virus of the vampirisim to the wounds healing it faster then humans but they still are slow to heal

Slow to heal?  In ten minutes?

Slowly staggering to his feet, Vlad grit his teeth against the excrutiating pain.

Understandable, after a blow to the HEART with a laser beam...

I need blood to be able to fully heal, he thought to himself as he already felt most of the wounds slowly healing.

So he'll heal almost completely without any interference.  

In ten minutes i will be ready...but i dont have time for that! he thought to himself as he turned and increasingly more painful began limping into the trees further, looking for a source of blood.

A deer! Ignoring the pain Vlad lept onto the buck and sank his teeth into its neck.

Ignoring the pain and leaping onto the deer.  Ignoring the horrible, excruciating pain and the broken body.

That sort of thing isn't exactly ignorable.

''Much better. Full power, and my body will be healed faster," he murmured, and invisioned his shadow form and morphed the swirling mass of shadow matter into a bird form, where he flew back to the ship as fast as possible.

So even at full power, with his senses regained, but with excruciating knock-you-down pain and 'broken all over', he can still morph into some kind of shadow and fly around as fast as possible.

Hitting the ship so hard as to leave a dent, he allowed himself to split and reconverge on the opposite side where he began flying around to attack again.

And hit a metal ship so hard he dents it, and continues to attack.  I'm sorry, these are just not reasonable for someone who is badly injured the way you describe it.  That, plus the insta-healing power, is really borderline powergaming.