Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222282 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #1395 on: February 08, 2011, 09:01:28 PM »
Saph--But if she can't use thought-speech, then even if she's "broadcasting" her thoughts, it doesn't seem like it'd be able to be picked up by anyone other than some kind of mind reader.  Just because Andalites and Yeerks (only when in hosts) can "hear" thought-speech, which seems like a particular kind of mental ability, doesn't mean they can read people's minds or hear any other kind of mental broadcast. 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1396 on: February 08, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »
Oh, yes. I made a Pete and Pete reference. Totally dating myself.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #1397 on: February 08, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »
Haha, if it makes you feel any better, that reference made me very happy. :P Been a long time since I've seen one!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1398 on: February 08, 2011, 10:11:06 PM »
Pete...Pete's brother Pete...and Ellen.   :XD:

And yeah, that's not too far off from how I picture Reven XD  In the later episodes, at least.  And maybe with more freckles :D

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
« Reply #1399 on: February 09, 2011, 12:02:22 AM »
Saph--But if she can't use thought-speech, then even if she's "broadcasting" her thoughts, it doesn't seem like it'd be able to be picked up by anyone other than some kind of mind reader.  Just because Andalites and Yeerks (only when in hosts) can "hear" thought-speech, which seems like a particular kind of mental ability, doesn't mean they can read people's minds or hear any other kind of mental broadcast. 

Blinks.
Scratches head.
Opens mouth.
Blinks again.
Makes weird gurgly sound.
Closes mouth.
Blinks.

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1400 on: February 09, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »
So....what does that mean? :P  ::)  What do you think?  She's your character...either she uses thought-speech, or she's a telepath in some other sense, or no one can hear her thoughts unless they have telepathic powers (which I believe no one does currently).

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1401 on: February 09, 2011, 12:16:35 AM »
If you're going to have it be different, I'd say let it be a different kind of telepathy. The workings of thought speech is too ingrained in our minds for your confusing explanations.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Saphire

« Reply #1402 on: February 09, 2011, 12:31:25 AM »
XD I'm all too happy to drop it guys- she's a completely different character without 'em.
She dosen't have telepathic powers, so that's a HUGE no,
and since there are no, ah.. by your definition, Telepaths.. Then that's a no too.

I guess my problem was.. =/ I figured since they COULD Thought-speak, that MADE them telepaths. I mean.. That makes sense to me!! XD
But nah- It's getting tedious anyway. =P It's also hindering the RP- I type faster without it.
Considder it an attempt at standing on top of the box, instead of just outside it. XD

“I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1403 on: February 09, 2011, 01:11:19 AM »
((Basically, she thought we were all like Leerans, while we thought she was like an Andalite. :P ))

Offline Saphire

« Reply #1404 on: February 10, 2011, 04:35:23 AM »
Alukitator! I must know what that thing does! 00 *mesmerized by odd clicky device*

Hope you don't mind some attention. =P
(I'm going to assume that the cowboy is human.. > >; *couldn't find a member profile*)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1405 on: February 10, 2011, 11:49:26 AM »
Waiting for Iosse to respond to Temrash.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1406 on: February 10, 2011, 02:54:13 PM »
Haha... oddly, no, I don't mind attention :P

Salem is, in fact, human, though he's not from the Animorphs universe originally. As for the clicky thingy- he sort of explained it to Mar a little while ago.

He glanced down at his device. "I'm growing to like this thing. Snagged it off a Skrit Na trader a few years back. It's not taking pictures of what things look like. It's taking pictures of what they are. Sort of a composite of the mental, emotional and spiritual projections of a being, laid out as cold hard data. For example," he continued, "I should be able to tell who's a Yeerk, since they contain multiple distinct beings. I already know what an Andalite looks like, which makes finding a morphed one a little easier; not that I've ever really thought about using it for that until getting here. I can see ties and nuances that people may not even realize they have." He smiled sheepishly. "I actually have no idea how to interpret most of it, but it's still interesting stuff.

Basically it just takes pictures of a person's... aura, I guess you'd call it. He's really just gathering whatever information he can over there.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Saphire

« Reply #1407 on: February 10, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »
Haha... oddly, no, I don't mind attention :P

Salem is, in fact, human, though he's not from the Animorphs universe originally. As for the clicky thingy- he sort of explained it to Mar a little while ago.

He glanced down at his device. "I'm growing to like this thing. Snagged it off a Skrit Na trader a few years back. It's not taking pictures of what things look like. It's taking pictures of what they are. Sort of a composite of the mental, emotional and spiritual projections of a being, laid out as cold hard data. For example," he continued, "I should be able to tell who's a Yeerk, since they contain multiple distinct beings. I already know what an Andalite looks like, which makes finding a morphed one a little easier; not that I've ever really thought about using it for that until getting here. I can see ties and nuances that people may not even realize they have." He smiled sheepishly. "I actually have no idea how to interpret most of it, but it's still interesting stuff.

Basically it just takes pictures of a person's... aura, I guess you'd call it. He's really just gathering whatever information he can over there.

*blink* That is.. a REALLY cool device! 0 0 wow.
Not sure if Saph will like it as much. =P Honestly, I really don't know whether she'll be intrigued or irritated. XD

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #1408 on: February 10, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »
Erm... the bartender doesn't speak.

Offline Saphire

« Reply #1409 on: February 10, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »
Fudruckers, really? Okay, I'll just edit a little.

EDIT: Fixed! Sorry about that!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:15:41 PM by Saphirestarr14 »