Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222749 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #1380 on: February 07, 2011, 04:33:33 PM »
Awww...I have nothing for my poor characters to do right now. XP Anyone have any suggestions?
Um... there is a Taxxon that just walked into the bar through the back door, and is now standing in the middle of the room speaking to everyone in Gallard... that might elicit a response... any takers?

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1381 on: February 07, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »
Elayne reacted here, but she's not about to approach a Taxxon. Claxter, however, responded here, and Salem responded here.

You should be set up for some chara interactions now. :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:42:57 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1382 on: February 07, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »
... ;D

I posted that before I went to go look....

silly me.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1383 on: February 07, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »
On the side, you even have my response to take. If you'd like. :3
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1384 on: February 08, 2011, 06:58:49 AM »
Hey, Saph, if it helps you figuring out when you can hear thought-speak and when you can't, the general rule of thumb we go by is that < stuff in these brackets > is open thought-speak...so as long as you are near enough you can hear it. <<Stuff in double brackets>> is private thought-speak and only the person it is being directed toward can hear it.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #1385 on: February 08, 2011, 07:31:52 AM »
Oi. Fiona is cranky. This is probably why I shouldn't post first thing in the morning.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1386 on: February 08, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »
Because English is the only Earth language, right?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #1387 on: February 08, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
Umm... no, but it's a human language. Hence "Duh, I'm human, obviously I know how to speak a human language."

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
« Reply #1388 on: February 08, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »
XD nice. EDIT: Also, I don't intend to have anyone save for the andialites/yeerks/otherthoughtspeakingbodies to hear HER thoughtspeak.. My take on it is- She's unpracticed. So thought-speaking individuals will "hear" her thinking "out loud". Humans/normal people who don't normally talk that way shouldn't hear her pro'lly, 'cause it's never been a problem BEFORE.. Get my drift, or am I not making sense here.. ^^;

Also Terenia: Thanks! That actually helps quite a bit. Thought-speak is odd. =P
(hence my poking fun at it. X3)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:28:47 AM by Saphirestarr14 »

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #1389 on: February 08, 2011, 11:36:59 AM »
Er... actually, I don't get how that works. :P Being unfamiliar with thoughtspeak doesn't make you unable to hear it? ...Since she's not directing it at anyone. XD And it's not like you CAN be unfamiliar with it while being at a bar with people who use it all the time. :P

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1390 on: February 08, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »
Thought speak is just like audible speech in several ways. <In these brackets, like Terenia said, anyone within range can hear it, regardless of whether or not they can make thought speech> Anyone can hear it, but not everyone can send it. <<Private thoughtspeak can only be heard by those it was directed to.>> So even though Iosse can't create/send/use thoughtspeak, he can hear you perfectly fine.
XD nice. EDIT: Also, I don't intend to have anyone save for the andialites/yeerks/otherthoughtspeakingbodies to hear HER thoughtspeak.. My take on it is- She's unpracticed. So thought-speaking individuals will "hear" her thinking "out loud". Humans/normal people who don't normally talk that way shouldn't hear her pro'lly, 'cause it's never been a problem BEFORE..
Again, anyone can hear it, unless you are restricting it to a smaller group or individual. I don't think that Andalites, etc, who use thought speak are more aware of/more likely to notice thoughtspeak than those who aren't..... at least, I don't think so.....

Here's hoping that helps, though I think I'm just repeating stuff... ::)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1391 on: February 08, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
Myth, how perfect are Artemis' illusions?

Do they emit heat? Electrical impulses? Internal structures?
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
« Reply #1392 on: February 08, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
Thought speak is just like audible speech in several ways. <In these brackets, like Terenia said, anyone within range can hear it, regardless of whether or not they can make thought speech> Anyone can hear it, but not everyone can send it. <<Private thoughtspeak can only be heard by those it was directed to.>> So even though Iosse can't create/send/use thoughtspeak, he can hear you perfectly fine.
XD nice. EDIT: Also, I don't intend to have anyone save for the andialites/yeerks/otherthoughtspeakingbodies to hear HER thoughtspeak.. My take on it is- She's unpracticed. So thought-speaking individuals will "hear" her thinking "out loud". Humans/normal people who don't normally talk that way shouldn't hear her pro'lly, 'cause it's never been a problem BEFORE..
Again, anyone can hear it, unless you are restricting it to a smaller group or individual. I don't think that Andalites, etc, who use thought speak are more aware of/more likely to notice thoughtspeak than those who aren't..... at least, I don't think so.....

Here's hoping that helps, though I think I'm just repeating stuff... ::)

=/ hmn. Well my train of thought goes like this.. She was on Earth for several years. Humans could never "read her mind" before.
And Saph can NOT use thought-speak. At least, not consiously. She has a serious.. Mental Skill impediment, let's say. XD No matter what, you'll never see her correctly using it in this thread.. She just can't!
So, in my head, she's talking in her own head ALL THE TIME. this means that those that listen to what others say loudly in their HEADS can hear this.. Andialites and yeerks to name a few. She's not really 'directing' it at anyone- It's being broadcast. Like a radio. =/ I do understand what you guys are saying about HOW it works- I was just trying to put a bit of a spin off of it and laugh at my char at the same time. Mental Skill is her greatest weakness.

> > If it bothers people, I could stop..

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1393 on: February 08, 2011, 06:41:15 PM »
No, it doesn't bother me... I think I'm just so deeply indoctrinated by Animorphs style thought-speak that my brain insists on making it line up with the series' version, but your character doesn't have to follow the same rules.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #1394 on: February 08, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »
It does get kind of confusing, though. :-X