Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222726 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #1260 on: January 28, 2011, 10:16:09 PM »
What characters did you have before? would I remember them?

Since Fredrick didn't work out, I may try something else. Maybe I'll give Helmacrons a try. It will be a crew that pilots the MASSIVE battleship that can transform from a ship to a Helmacron form. It's main weapon will be the HYPER DESTRUCTOR BEAM. And by massive ship I mean two to three feet tall. And by hyper destruction beam I mean about as powerful as a handheld dracon or shredder.  Would that be ok, Myitt, Oss, or Terenia? I'll try not to screw this one up.

Ani-Master 2014!

radgeek

« Reply #1261 on: January 28, 2011, 10:25:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to reading it Bear.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1262 on: January 28, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »
What characters did you have before? would I remember them?
What? You don't remember me? :pwease:

I had six ex-CG soldiers that I RPed with the last time I was here. Rayker, Jackson, Lennan, Charlotte, Antonio, and ... some other guy I forget the name of >.<. They had the concussion guns (remember that big bar fight where I blasted a few other characters against the wall, and sent Mike/Corliss into unconciousness or something like that?) I'm also the guy who decided to morph Spinosauruses early on *faceplam* I won't be doing that again.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1263 on: January 28, 2011, 10:31:52 PM »
Oh yeah! Sorry. I forgot who was in charge of those characters. Sometimes I pay more attention to the posts than who's doing the posting.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1264 on: January 29, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »
WB, Scinlao :)

I hope you don't mind... I'd like to give my two cents about your new character. I would suggest that you not cut all traces of individuality from Theta-Pi, as the main purpose of the Bar is to explore characters' personalities and their interactions with others. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean in your description, but I just worry that this'll turn into an episode of Theta-Pi tracking down every living person in the Bar to try to inject them, which would leave the GESB full of nothing but mindless drones... something that doesn't sound super-fun to me. I'd prefer my characters' minds and personalities to stay intact. :P I'm probably extrapolating too far out of unfounded fears, but anyway... my two cents, like I said. :)

I agree, Scinlao. Not a bad idea, so long as it is executed well. After all, they did in Star Trek a bazillion times, why not in the GESB? Just be careful. I don't want the Space Bar to turn into a Borg cube...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1265 on: January 29, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »
WB, Scinlao :)

I hope you don't mind... I'd like to give my two cents about your new character. I would suggest that you not cut all traces of individuality from Theta-Pi, as the main purpose of the Bar is to explore characters' personalities and their interactions with others. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean in your description, but I just worry that this'll turn into an episode of Theta-Pi tracking down every living person in the Bar to try to inject them, which would leave the GESB full of nothing but mindless drones... something that doesn't sound super-fun to me. I'd prefer my characters' minds and personalities to stay intact. :P I'm probably extrapolating too far out of unfounded fears, but anyway... my two cents, like I said. :)

I agree, Scinlao. Not a bad idea, so long as it is executed well. After all, they did in Star Trek a bazillion times, why not in the GESB? Just be careful. I don't want the Space Bar to turn into a Borg cube...

Haha! Agreed. Although that's not a bad idea...I mean, uh, yea, never, no.  ;).

Yep, he's been accidentally disconnected from the collective. Now he's just really confused, and it will take some time for him to become his old self again. He does have the morphing ability, but it's not like he's an estreen or anything. He can't morph his cyborg parts, so the collective never allowed him to morph.

Going back to 'Marie's post, a character like this can actually have a richer personality. The emotional strife caused by assimilation, and recuperation makes for amazing plot lines, especially if you do it right. The passage of time, as the character heals from their violation can be lavishly captivating. :XD:

@Chad29: Just to clear something up, when Theta says "we", it really means I. There is no individual, as I've said, in the Unimatrix. They all work as a whole. So "We" does not mean I'm taking control of your character. :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:58:24 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1266 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:10 PM »
I get that.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1267 on: January 29, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »
Clarification. Makes the world a better place. :P

I don't know how much of a star trek lover you are, so I had to make sure you got that.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1268 on: January 29, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »
I'm not. I want my aliens to look like aliens.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1269 on: January 29, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »
Hmm, good point. Ever seen Species 8472?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1270 on: January 29, 2011, 03:08:28 PM »
I googled it. That looks pretty alien to me. Much better than this one alien I saw in an episode. It was one of those aliens with the culture that kills any person who reaches 65, or something. All he had were some stitched on his head that made me think he was just a Human with some head wounds or scars.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1271 on: January 29, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »
Ah, Half a Life. Yea, there was no CGI back then.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1272 on: January 30, 2011, 03:27:29 AM »
Yes. I am a Taxxon. :P

I've crashed a pretty good distance from the bar, as in, it will take Iosse at least an hour or so to make it there if he ran in the right direction. Also, are there any animals on the asteroid? Birds, rodents, fish... anything?

Note: I won't eat anyone without asking permission first. ;D

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1273 on: January 30, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »
Wow, Iosse must be one strong Taxxon to have crash landed without bursting like a water balloon.

There are some animals in the woods. Only insects have ever been referenced directly, but other small creatures are plausible enough. In my mind the planetoid becomes more "alive" the closer you get to the bar, which would be a good reason for Iosse to head in that direction.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1274 on: January 30, 2011, 12:58:39 PM »
He didn't completely burst (it wasn't a head-on into the ground crash... more like a plane crash-landing, but still), but he did get several injuries. I know that Taxxons can regenerate any limbs they lose, and I'm extrapolating while I assume that they heal quickly in general. In a cannibalistic society like theirs, I see that as a must-have. Also... he's unconscious. Which is why he didn't eat himself. :P