Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222795 times)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #510 on: December 16, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »
Just a formal heads up. I'm looking at entering a character in GESB :)

:D Awesome!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #511 on: December 16, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »
Yay! New people in the bar are always a good time. My character "Gaz" is sitting at the bar currently. Asda is somewhere around the bar and Morgan is outside by his ship.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #512 on: December 16, 2010, 03:09:46 PM »
Mine are all currently playing Texas Hold'em with one of Aluminator's characters!  ;D

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #513 on: December 16, 2010, 03:11:32 PM »
Mine's talking to Shenmue's character. :P At the bar.

BaronConall

« Reply #514 on: December 16, 2010, 03:21:19 PM »
Just as a warning, my guy has never seen anything besides humans before. All aliens and supernatural entities may want to break it slowly to him (if that's how their character works :P)

I've read the first few pages of GESB, but I'm not entirely familiar with it. It's my way of keeping my characters reaction and surprise genuine and to prevent my own meta-gaming.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #515 on: December 16, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
Um, the last few pages would be infinitely more useful to you than the first few. I've never even tried reading the whole thing... but that would definitely help in your character having no biases or anything about any of the other characters. I don't even remember if there are any non-human beings in the bar at the moment. At least, not any that don't appear human...

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #516 on: December 16, 2010, 03:26:36 PM »
My character's completely human. :P ...In that she's a human spirit possessing another human.

BaronConall

« Reply #517 on: December 16, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
With my characters physical description, how opposed is everyone to me posting a visual aid once in a blue moon in this OOC thread to make sure we're all on the same page in terms of visualsing the character?

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #518 on: December 16, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »
My character is arguing over his honor with his superiors and his friends in a freighter right outside the Bar. Not that we're not to busy to accept anyone into the ship...:P
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #519 on: December 16, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »
I've drawn up a couple of sketches of my characters. I want to make better ones eventually.

Gaz:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Morgan:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The whole group:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #520 on: December 16, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »
Just as a warning, my guy has never seen anything besides humans before. All aliens and supernatural entities may want to break it slowly to him (if that's how their character works :P)

I've read the first few pages of GESB, but I'm not entirely familiar with it. It's my way of keeping my characters reaction and surprise genuine and to prevent my own meta-gaming.

Sounds good Baron, welcome to the GESB!  This is a good way to start out--I mean, beyond having a basic physical description of some of the characters in the bar, this is how a REAL bar visit would go.  No one knows who anyone else is, beyond visual appearance/species.  And, of course, some people here have characters who are friends.

My characters are Myitt One-Nine-Five and her host Tara, and Corliss Three-Eight-Two and his host Mike.  All are members of the Yeerk rebellion, which is a sort of extra militant off-branch of exiled Yeerks, allied with the Peace Movement but generally displeased with their methods of operation.

None of them are in the bar right now, but that might change :)

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #521 on: December 16, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
Baron's here ^_^

My characters are Salem, a human currently dressed in all-out cowboy getup, and Al, an android projecting a hologram so that he appears human. I think I haven't had him change clothes lately, so he's in what amounts to being a morphing outfit, complete with bare feet. Both are currently in the bar.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #522 on: December 16, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »
Hey Tara, did you post for Myitt again after I posted here? Sorry if I missed it.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #523 on: December 16, 2010, 09:13:57 PM »
Ooh, oops! I was hoping I hadn't missed one of your posts, Marie :P  Posting now :D  wewt.

Also, Scinlao and Cobra, it looks like your Reptilinod storyline is becoming more of an off shoot that doesn't have much to do with the bar anymore.  It might be best if you two continued your interrogation with your characters in a new thread, and then came back into the GESB thread when your characters are actually in or near the bar.  Unless I'm misunderstanding?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:35:31 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #524 on: December 17, 2010, 05:29:28 AM »
I have two characters, but my second is almost never in the bar and is not currently.  My main character is:

Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephirel, War-Prince and Captain of the Dome Ship Tyrennian, Fleet Commander.  Ossanlin for short.  His closest friends sometimes call him Oss or Ossy.
Ossanlin is a progressive Andalite with some uncharacteristic views of a lot of different things.  He is friends with the Rebel Alliance and works with them on occasion.  He has a somewhat more-developed upper body than most Andalites and wears a utility/battle-harness.  It basically consists of a belt around the mid-section of his upper torso and two crossing straps across his chest and back.  He wears a katana at each side of the belt and has the strength to wield them, the harness is also equipped with dual modified shredders and various supplies, rations, an ARC (handheld computer), emergency medical supplies, etc.
Ossanlin also has some rather uncharacteristic capabilities that are not obvious upon first glance, but I won't reveal those here.
Ossanlin is not currently in the bar.  He is in hork-bajir morph in Temrash's ship outside.

My secondary character is:

Seran-212 of the Sereck-Nai pool.  A.K.A. Visser 8.  He is a hork-bajir controller that has a history with Ossanlin and is a typical power-grabbing Yeerk.  He's not in the bar and I don't have any current plans to bring him back atm.

~Also, welcome newcomers!  Please  make sure to read the first page of this OOC post for rules and regulations.  They're important if you don't want ppl jumping down your throat.  XD  But seriously, please read them and make an effort to abide by them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:32:24 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player