Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222702 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #480 on: December 14, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »
He'd probably look fairly decent in button-up shirts, actually ;D

Can't say I blame the guy for trying to hang on to his humanity. I know I'd probably lose it otherwise in his situation.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #481 on: December 15, 2010, 01:55:47 AM »
Guys, I'll be traveling from Denver back to Boston tomorrow, so my activity might be a bit sparse.  Bear with me and feel free to 'Yeerk' Corliss and Myitt ;D

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #482 on: December 15, 2010, 01:59:50 AM »
*Gasp* did you just use 'Yeerk' as a verb?!? No, not you!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #483 on: December 15, 2010, 08:33:47 AM »
Have a safe trip, Tara!
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2010, 08:40:01 AM »
Thinking about being mean and introducing marital problems for Morgan & Andromeda. (bwahaha)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #485 on: December 15, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
It would be too out of left field.

And yes, Yeerk works as a verb. It's the Ani forum word for godmodding.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #486 on: December 15, 2010, 05:49:01 PM »
Hey...I have a question: Can I just hear what other stories are going around? I really wish I'd been here since the beginning, but hey...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #487 on: December 15, 2010, 06:23:56 PM »
Um....any particular stories you're interested in, Scinlao? There's quite a few floating around. :P

I still want to create that GESB Cliff Notes...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #488 on: December 15, 2010, 06:26:33 PM »
My characters are a group of smugglers/pirates from a Firefly inspired universe.

Gaz: is 25 years old and started learning a bit more about secret projects that the CG was up to. Decided to join Odysseus Morgan's crew. Was disowned by her family. Her father works for the CG (Central Government).

Fletcher: (deceased) was 32 years old. He was Gaz's cousin (and only family member who spoke to Gaz). He was the mechanic/engineer aboard Morgan's ship and then Gaz's. He used to be an inside man for the CG and was sent to infiltrate Morgan's crew. During his work as a CG operative he was involved in a severe accident and had cybernetic surgery. After learning more he went rogue and joined up. Was killed by a CG official while protecting Silver. He was responsible for turning Silver over the the CG and then rescuing her.

Odysseus Morgan: Age 38. Morgan is currently a 7 foot tall, dark colored Minotaur. 10 years prior he was a regular human with a new family. His wife Andromeda was shot and presumed dead. His young daughter (Silver) went missing at the same time. Morgan was taken by a CG operate named Caven and was held by the CG for 5 years. During that time he was placed in a program experimenting with Genetic Engineering and was used as a human guinea pig. His conversion to his current state took 1 very painful year as the CG scientists would not allow pain medication. After coming to the bar he met Silver and discovered she was his long lost daughter. Following that he learned that his wife was still alive, but both had been subject to the same genetic engineering experiment. He is the captain of the ship The Cursed Pride.

Andromeda Morgan: Age 35. Andromeda is Odysseus' wife. She is the daughter of a high ranking CG official (Desmond). When she fell for a common space trader, her father was not pleased. Desmond had hoped she would marry Caven. In retaliation, Desmond disowned his daughter and hunted the couple down after they relocated. She was injured, but taken away. Currently she resembles Medusa to the extent that she has a couple of snakes in place of forelocks and a stripe of scales going down each arm.

Asda: Age 32. A 4 armed Doctor who was top of her class and a rising star in her field. She caught the attention of certain members of one of the secret CG projects and was chosen to work on one. That was the Genetic Engineering project. Once she learned what was going on, she rescued Morgan and as many others as she could. As a result she lost her job at the hospital and has been ship's doctor for The Cursed Pride ever since.

Currently: The group is trying to deal with the recent loss of Fletcher, who sacrificed himself to save Silver. He was buried not long ago. Morgan is trying to lose himself doing repair work on the hatchway of his ship. Gaz is in the bar drinking and Andromeda has been in her quarters this whole time. Asda has been running around tending to various bar injuries also losing herself in work.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #489 on: December 15, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »
I could go through the details with Temrash and Claxter if you'd like.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #490 on: December 15, 2010, 07:14:01 PM »
Silver: age ranges about 18-19 years old. She lost her parents when she was young and was handed over to the CG and for years was put through different tests. Poked and prodded with needles and syrums. The only problem was the only "visible" effects were the facts that she could throw illusions. She was rescued from the CG by Fletcher when he discovred the truth. Many years later she came upon the bar where she found her Father. Then soon after her mother. Later her life was rescued one last time by Fletcher when Desmond (her own grandfather) had tried to kill her. Now she is sitting with Gaz at the bar.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #491 on: December 15, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »
I could go through the details with Temrash and Claxter if you'd like.

Why not! :)

This is all very interesting! Given that you've had much more time for Character Development, you all have much better characters than I do. I have a biography, but I think I should unfold this in the events of Vogefac's current crisis, unless you insist I tell you :P lol
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:32:45 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #492 on: December 15, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »
Doesn't matter to me

I think I came down with the flu....ugh
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #493 on: December 15, 2010, 07:44:23 PM »
Here goes.

Temrash/Jagill: Temrash is a former high ranking controller (Visser 8). He was not one that got caught up in his own power, or all the propaganda. Eventually he grew bored of all the fighting, partly because he disagreed with the Council of Thirteen, and partly because he lost all of his family and most of his closest friends. fortunately after he left most of his subordinates remained loyal to him. They work within the Empire, giving him access to almost everything within the Empire. Some are Vissers, and some are at the bottom of the ladder. His connections, plus his skills as a fighter, make him one of the most notorious individuals on the Empire's hit list. There's also a trick he uses to allow Jagill to power through most attacks. He releases his hold on Jagill's motor functions while clamping down on his pain receptors. This greatly reduces Jagill's ability to feel pain, though Temrash can feel it. Jagill is a large and heavily scarred Hork-Bajir.

He came to the bar while on the run from a bounty hunter, and became acquainted with Myitt and Corliss. At first he considered joining their resistance, but recent developments have caused him to rethink it. He gets along with Ossanlin, though Jagill doesn't like him much (or any Andalite). He's become friends with Gaz and her group as well.

Claxter: Claxter is an Andalite who is barely considered a Warrior. He ran away from his first brutal battle because he was too afraid to stay and fight. He's more or less a coward, and as yet hasn't been very successful in anything he's tried to do. He considers Ossanlin his Prince, though this was recent. He has feelings for Efaen, though those feelings are strained. He has basic training skills, and is a competent fighter.

There isn't as much to say about him, as he hasn't had much development. The main reason he's tolerant to Yeerks is because he hasn't had enough time to be completely brainwashed by Propaganda. Even though he isn't much older than Ax from the series, or possibly Efaen.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #494 on: December 15, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »
Alright, here goes.

Terenia: Terenia was born human who became an Andalite nothlit. Unaccepted in Andalite society, she was instead taken to be experimented on in an attempt to cure nothlitism. Eventually the scientists succeeded, but their breakthrough was short lived. Terenia managed to escape the lab (which was aboard a Dome Ship) and escape into space. A series of events followed in which Terenia killed her brother from Earth at the bidding of Visser Three andpunished herself by becoming re-nothlitized as a Yeerk. When the Andalites find out they again find an alternative use for her, using her Yeerk form as a tool in espionage. Any time a former host is captured in battle she is forced to enter them, make them become involuntary, extract useful information, and then leave. Eventually she gets fed up, steals an Andalite for a host, and runs back to Visser Three with the intent of saving her one surviving family member, her twin sister Tamora.

This fails when Tamora is kidnapped by Ossanlin & Co. and Terenia decides that there is no saving her sister (who is a voluntary Controller). Instead, Terenia kills Tamora, granting her the ultimate "freedom".

Tamora (deceased): Tamora entered the bar when Ossanlin, Myitt, Claxter and Aliciana kidnapped her and her Yeerk from the Blade Ship. Her Yeerk, Zorish, was starved out and Tamora, who was voluntary, was left to fend for herself. She tried to seek revenge, putting hits out on Myitt and Terenia both through a bounty hunter. When that failed she tried making Myitt her new Yeerk. Myitt wouldn't have it and turned Tamora over to Ossanlin. Ossanlin in turn gave Tamora to Terenia, who killed her.

Efaen: Efaen is a female Andalite who had just finished her aristh training when Terenia captured her and forced her to become an involuntary host. For a long time the two fought bitterly for control, but over time Efaen grew to grudgingly accept her fate, if only because it allowed her to be close to the Yeerks and plot against them. Efaen was temporarily freed, but chose to accept Terenia back because she fears that as a female Andalite in the military (and one who Visser Three would likely target) she will not be allowed to fight the Yeerks properly. Instead, she chose the possibility of espionage with Terenia controlling them. This is not to say the two get along. They tolerate one another at best, and usually seek to make the other miserable. Efaen has a rather old-fashioned view of Andalites, believing that they are superior and all others inferior. The Yeerks, especially, are incapable of anything but evil.

Trey: Trey comes from a universe that exists twenty years after the Yeerks lost the war for Earth. He is the son of two Yeerks who were forced to become nothlits when the war was lost. As a 'grub' he grew up a second-class citizen, deprived of many basic rights. He left Earth with his father, with plans of beginning a rebellion. The plans went astray when their ship crashed on the planetoid housing the bar for unknown reasons. Trey's father died due to injuries sustained in the crash.

That's the brief version. If you want to read Terenia, Tamora and Efaen's story in more depth I am posting it under the Fanfiction section here: Playing War: The Traitor.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013