Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222714 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »
We got as far as Manitou Springs...but we'd still love to visit you over there!!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

HiImshort

« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2010, 11:37:29 PM »
Hey people. I didn't read all of this so I got a question. Do we need to make a sign up sheet for any new character if we already have one in the bar?

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #257 on: November 26, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »
No signup sheet is necessary, just make sure that you REALLY need this second character.  It's very, very highly recommended that newcomers to the bar have only one character at a time, to allow proper character development and dialogue flow.  Keep that in mind.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2010, 11:54:25 PM »
Didn't get that memo which is why I have four characters and page or two ago I had six.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2010, 11:55:55 PM »
Well, consider yourself fairly warned.  It's also common sense--it's hard to develop a character, let alone six at once.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2010, 02:19:47 PM »
I wonder if a short "rule" page wouldn't be a bad idea in the OOC thread here at the start.  I know there are some rules set up at the start of the actual GESB thread, but most people will probably look here first.  I know we don't like to say we have rules...so we could just say that it's like the Pirate's Code...really more just guidelines.  :p

Besides the original page in the GESB main thread doesn't mention our preferred character limitation.  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to add a little list of things we expect of those who join the thread here too?  I mean, it couldn't hurt...  Just an idea. 

You know, limit new players to one character,
Limit experienced players to three characters, 
Ask people to post in 3rd person narrative,
Request decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation along with respectable post length...this includes complete thoughts and sentences,   
Let new players know of our symbology usage...  ((OOC))  <Thought-speech>  <<Private thought-speech>>  "Audible speech" ...
Limit OOC conversations to OOC thread,
all the other stuff we've mentioned before...etc.

We don't mind helping people to learn right?  Well I would say posting these guidelines in an easily findable location would be a good start.  Just my two cents.  *shrug*

:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2010, 02:39:52 PM »
Three characters? Let's see... Who am I going to kill first? Bye bye John.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

HiImshort

« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2010, 04:51:16 PM »
I wonder if a short "rule" page wouldn't be a bad idea in the OOC thread here at the start.  I know there are some rules set up at the start of the actual GESB thread, but most people will probably look here first.  I know we don't like to say we have rules...so we could just say that it's like the Pirate's Code...really more just guidelines.  :p

Besides the original page in the GESB main thread doesn't mention our preferred character limitation.  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to add a little list of things we expect of those who join the thread here too?  I mean, it couldn't hurt...  Just an idea. 

You know, limit new players to one character,
Limit experienced players to three characters, 
Ask people to post in 3rd person narrative,
Request decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation along with respectable post length...this includes complete thoughts and sentences,   
Let new players know of our symbology usage...  ((OOC))  <Thought-speech>  <<Private thought-speech>>  "Audible speech" ...
Limit OOC conversations to OOC thread,
all the other stuff we've mentioned before...etc.

We don't mind helping people to learn right?  Well I would say posting these guidelines in an easily findable location would be a good start.  Just my two cents.  *shrug*

Parlay. wait.
I'm not exactly new to rpgs but this is too huge.
So in between 1 and 3. Hmmmmmm.

No signup sheet is necessary, just make sure that you REALLY need this second character. It's very, very highly recommended that newcomers to the bar have only one character at a time, to allow proper character development and dialogue flow.  Keep that in mind.

Well 4 technically. Even though Fox and Marvin Martian weren't exactly 100% serious.  ;)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2010, 04:54:28 PM »
Well, a yeerk and their host do technically count as one character, so that's pretty reasonable...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2010, 05:11:05 PM »
How 'bout dog and his master? I have two or three characters right now if Dara and Kevlin count as one.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2010, 09:28:47 AM »
I'm thinking about having the repair crew temrash called stay, since there isn't really any repair station on the planet and it tends to get a lot of crashes. They'll just be background NPCs, though. Not actual characters. That ok?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »
No signup sheet is necessary, just make sure that you REALLY need this second character.  It's very, very highly recommended that newcomers to the bar have only one character at a time, to allow proper character development and dialogue flow.  Keep that in mind.

Oh yea. Ok, then I'll just leave Scinlao sulking at the door, and work with Vogefak for now.  :P :-]

Three characters? Let's see... Who am I going to kill first? Bye bye John.

HAHA, I'm sure Fenebok would be happy to help with that!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:34:32 AM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2010, 09:39:02 AM »
But then you could get the killer. Don't worry bear will help. Allthough if Dara and Kevlin count as one I'm under the limit. I've actually been thinkinkg of killing John since he got here. IMO Bear is the main character of that duo.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2010, 10:24:12 AM »
Hmm. The problem we're having is that there really are a whole lot of unwritten rules with the GESB. This is because the experienced players think of them as the "RP rules of the road" and never mention them. There are a couple people on here who have been doing character-based Roleplay for a dozen years and thus have unofficially developed these.

And hell, there even seem to be unrelated syntax rules in the GESB. XP

I'd be willing though to post an entire list for anyone who needs the info. That way the RP can go along at a regular pace and we can all have a great Roleplay. But...if you need to break them for awesome purposes, well....they're like the Pirate Code. XDXD;;;

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2010, 10:45:40 AM »
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with making up a list of guidelines. I think it would help new people adapt to the roleplay a bit quicker, perhaps.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013