Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222155 times)

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
I think Gaz has too much on her plate.....O.o and all my charry is doing.....is sitting there trying to keep from passing out.....
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »
Someone is welcome to jump in. lol.   ;D

3 of my characters are being held captive by Desmond. Morgan's unconcious, Fletcher is strapped to a table and Asda doesn't fight much, plus she's got a broken wrist.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 04:19:28 PM »
I can't imagine Sukohn being happy that Tamora would switch sides like that. He could have just handed her over and left, but he was under the impression that she was loyal. Poor guy. Now he's likely to die for nothing.

Ani-Master 2014!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »
Hey, would it be totally absurd if I had my two guys repair some of the broken ships? I'd somehow make it logical, but I don't want to head that way if they're all messed up beyond repair.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »
Elayne is planning on starting repairs on her ship in a few posts, if the conversation with Mar goes as it could. She could probably use a little help, or company. Tora's ship is also in a bad way, but it's so far gone, she's probably just going to destroy it.

Edit: Jessi, I forgot Terenia was still in Andalite form. I modified my earlier post.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 06:44:40 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »
hehe, yeah, I figured. :) Thanks hun.

I can't imagine Sukohn being happy that Tamora would switch sides like that. He could have just handed her over and left, but he was under the impression that she was loyal. Poor guy. Now he's likely to die for nothing.

Chad, she doesn't view it as being disloyal. She's loyal to her Yeerk, not to the Empire. Remember, my twins (Terenia and Tamora) both suffer from psychological disorders. Tamora suffers from severe separation anxiety and a dependent personality disorder, whereas Terenia suffers from schizophrenia, bipolar mood swings and both a Histrionic and Paranoid personality disorder. She also has borderline DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder).

My point: my characters actions may not make sense to other writers, but trust me when I say that they make sense to the characters. There is a completely "rational" train of thought in each one of their brains.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 07:06:35 PM »
That's all fine. I was just making an aside remark.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »
I dislike having my character be stuck because of one RPer, and I'm pretty sure the one using Parker would feel the same sooner or later. This is supposed to be Gaz's show, though.

Remember guys, and this is a shout-out to Gazzy as well--the goal is to have more interaction between characters played by different writers rather than lots of characters interacting with lots of characters played by one writer.  Does that make sense?  If people are getting bored or don't know what to do, then usually that means the situation has too many characters involved in general, or there isn't a quick enough round of postings to get character issues resolved.

I know, everybody has a real life ;D  Just some basic pointers that might help your side of things.  And remember to try and keep in mind what's going on in the bar in general, so things like Ossanlin's ship in orbit or whatever won't get passed by. 

In my experience, having too many characters all at once ends up with one person writing a story that's being told almost solely for their own characters, which is fantastic for a book, and a great skill--but it doesn't work so well in interactive writing like this.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!

~T

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »
That actually did make sense... good advice, Myitt.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 08:49:56 PM »
Yep, I'll keep that in mind. Despsite what happens, I'm not keeping Desmond around. He was temporary. Might move out a couple of the characters I'm not using much, they are kind of in the way.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »
((If everyone is gonna pay attention to and read an OOC thread I'll be down with that.  I'll give it a shot.))
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 09:56:09 PM »
In my opinion, if people still want to be involved in the GESB, you'd all better read the OOC post.  If we're going to have one, it's going to be just as important as the thread itself. 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 10:00:43 PM »
I definitely support the OoC thread.

Ani-Master 2014!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 10:24:29 PM »
Yep, I'll keep that in mind. Despsite what happens, I'm not keeping Desmond around. He was temporary. Might move out a couple of the characters I'm not using much, they are kind of in the way.
Ooh! Can my guys kill him off, or at least be closely involved? I feel kinda.. weird... being so excited about that, but that would be the fulfillment of my guys' lives for the past decade or more. Then I have no clue what I'd do with them, but I'll come to that later. :P

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »
Well Temrash just took him prisoner, and is planning to infest him for information. After that, he could kill Desmond.

Ani-Master 2014!