Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222785 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5700 on: May 03, 2017, 10:48:12 PM »
Or...not today either, since I'm exhausted. -___-; Oh well. Night all. Hope to be in a condition to post soon.

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
  • I love aliens too much...
« Reply #5701 on: May 03, 2017, 11:41:59 PM »
Sleepytiredness is in the air!  Hope you guys get some good rest.   :controller:

Offline Leona

« Reply #5702 on: May 06, 2017, 12:04:12 AM »
Sorry my posts aren't great. Moving IRL and I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5703 on: May 06, 2017, 09:06:00 PM »
No worries Leona! And Kells, get sleep! Your rest is important. :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5704 on: May 07, 2017, 04:39:59 PM »
Bleh. Leona, good luck with moving. Hopefully it goes smooth. I'll be honest, I hate moving. Hopefully it's worth it though ^_^

gh, Salem just injected Nepek with healing nanites. They're the same nanites that Rathien and Salem himself both have in their own bodies. They'll basically help his body heal and fight off disease. They increase his healing factor-- though not by a supernatural amount-- and they mean he'll probably never get a cold again, but they're not going to help him recover from this on their own. They're already calibrated for Hork-Bajir physiology, so there won't be any real side effects, and the increased healing should, in theory, start to take effect within a few minutes as his bloodstream distributes them throughout Nepek's body. Let me know if you have any questions about them ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5705 on: May 07, 2017, 09:39:57 PM »
I'll try to catch up later tonight :)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5706 on: May 08, 2017, 09:13:57 AM »
So, I was gone for almost a week exactly because I spent that week trying to prevent Republicans from passing the American Health Care Act. And was at an FDA meeting. And also doing All The Other Things. V__V; Since I don't really have an explanation for why the hell my characters were just standing around like goobers, what I came up with was:

• Keshin has the least explainable reason for not doing anything, so he just kind of choked this time at the sight of another near-death. Unlikely, but what the hell...
  • Jeffrey's too much of an **** to even care, about anyone other than Leona
  • Mar...is Mar. XD He'll be around shortly. He just has to stop himself from salivating

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
« Reply #5707 on: May 08, 2017, 10:41:47 AM »
Gonna try and catch up as soon as I can XD

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5708 on: May 09, 2017, 11:15:57 AM »
So, I was gone for almost a week exactly because I spent that week trying to prevent Republicans from passing the American Health Care Act. And was at an FDA meeting. And also doing All The Other Things. V__V; Since I don't really have an explanation for why the hell my characters were just standing around like goobers, what I came up with was:

• Keshin has the least explainable reason for not doing anything, so he just kind of choked this time at the sight of another near-death. Unlikely, but what the hell...
  • Jeffrey's too much of an **** to even care, about anyone other than Leona
  • Mar...is Mar. XD He'll be around shortly. He just has to stop himself from salivating
Honestly, you only wound up a couple of posts behind. GESB time just does not move very fast in relation to reality these days. You could have just played it straight, including writing in their appropriate reactions in 'real time,' and nothing would have seemed out of place :P

Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5709 on: May 09, 2017, 12:37:14 PM »
Yeah, but in "real time," Keshin would've either had their gun out or been out the door with Ossanlin pretty much right as it happened. He's a bounty hunter who's prone to ending up in hairy and unpleasant situations. By the time I caught up, they were all already on Ossanlin's ship.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #5710 on: May 09, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »
*shrug* Eh, at that point it's a choice between two kinds of awkward-- either play Keshin slightly out of character, or slightly-awkwardly play as if he was alongside Ossanlin the whole time and cause a mini-retcon. Both are tried-and-true in the context of the GESB. I was just pointing out that the option was there. Maybe not the most insightful thing I've ever said, but I'm sure I had some kind of point in mind when I started :P

I'll make an attempt at a post tomorrow >.<
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:47:48 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Salem's Story

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
« Reply #5711 on: May 10, 2017, 01:26:39 AM »
Posted!  Hope you don't mind me bringing my other character!  In this RP, he's in a Taxxon...Myitt might remember Indar.  :P

Who I also want to have as being a member of the Rebellion...and a skilled pilot.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #5712 on: May 14, 2017, 11:25:44 AM »
Aaaand posted. Sorry for being so slow >.<

Who I also want to have as being a member of the Rebellion...and a skilled pilot.
Being a member of the Rebellion is a... bit of a can of worms. Assuming you're talking about Myitt and Terenia's Rebellion specifically. Haha. I speak from experience-- there is more background there than your average human is capable of absorbing in a lifetime, including quite a bit any member of such a group would know. Relationships and events and individuals and an entire well-developed and wonderfully unique sense of identity and culture that's impossible to get a feel for without really immersing yourself in it. I've actually let a few characters (characters I miss) drift to the wayside because I didn't feel I had the time or energy to properly devote to diving down the rabbit hole that is the Yeerk Rebellion.

Personally, I'd suggest, if you're looking to explore the Rebellion dynamic (and you don't want to use the Animorphs-canon Peace Movement as your platform), make him from a version of a Yeerk Rebellion, but not necessarily the same universe as Myitt and Terenia's Rebellion. That gives you the freedom to explore and play at will ^_^

Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5713 on: May 14, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »
Hey all, sorry for the delay again. You should get a post out of us tonight, now that everyone but Myitt has weighed in. 

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5714 on: May 14, 2017, 05:58:40 PM »
Yeah - I'd agree with that man, you should consider having this Indar from a *version* of the Yeerk Rebellion. Trust me, it'll make things a lot easier for you :)

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash